Whats gone wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's not up to it / Years of under investment

• Poch not up to it

• Years of under investment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does anyone actually know why we get so many training injuries ? Do we genuinely get more training injuries than other EPL teams or is it just a myth?
Very hard to tell but I would rate 50% of these type of injuries as the football equivalent of detention. Not a Spurs phenomenon, but across all teams. "Felt a twinge" my arse. Just told the manager he was a cock is all.

The state of this. What's gone wrong? And than the two options as the only options.

Woolwich TV was just a sign of the times.
Spurs fans are becoming Gooners.
Spurs fans are football fans. Just like fans of any othe club we care passionately about our team.
From a team so close to the pinnacle, as Poch himself said last summer, to relegation form since February, players running down their contracts, and unrest within the squad suggests something has gone wrong.

Are you saying everythings rosy and none of the above warrant discussion on a football forum?

Spurs fans are football fans. Just like fans of any othe club we care passionately about our team.
From a team so close to the pinnacle, as Poch himself said last summer, to relegation form since February, players running down their contracts, and unrest within the squad suggests something has gone wrong.

Are you saying everythings rosy and none of the above warrant discussion on a football forum?

For all our differences and the fact I keep ending you, at least you don’t hide from the fact we are shit

Pretty much this. Too many bad signs, that on their own account to nothing, but as an aggregate suggest that all is not well. When Chris Cowlin and Ali Gold both post videos on this exact topic you know that something is amiss.

For all our differences and the fact I keep ending you, at least you don’t hide from the fact we are shit

tenor.gif

Pretty much this. Too many bad signs, that on their own account to nothing, but as an aggregate suggest that all is not well. When Chris Cowlin and Ali Gold both post videos on this exact topic you know that something is amiss.
Do they fuck, they're only in it for the likes...

Do they fuck, they're only in it for the likes...
Er. No. Chris is only ever positive and AG has a vested interest. Neither is likely to sh*t on their own doorstep in my view. Are you saying there's no issues and that its a feeding frenzy based solely on the Newcastle game?

Does anyone actually know why we get so many training injuries ? Do we genuinely get more training injuries than other EPL teams or is it just a myth?

We certainly seem to get a lot of injuries in general, but is this actually the case ? I mean if it is, wouldn't it be quite easy to fix ?

I remember years ago they said our the surface at our old training ground was too hard and that was causing a lot of injuries - I am not making this up.

Poch loves his reputation of training so hard, the players have nothing left for the match.

I don't know why he trains so hard anymore. it's not like we even play the press.

Poch loves his reputation of training so hard, the players have nothing left for the match.

I don't know why he trains so hard anymore. it's not like we even play the press.
In many ways he acts like a coach that is pretty much at the beginning of his managerial career (Lampard anno 2019 for example), it's all very strange.

Poch: 26/08/2019
"I think this is my sixth season and the most unsettled group we are working with,"
"That is why we are relaxed and calm. Some situations we cannot fix. Nothing to say about that, situations that are going on in the squad. Still we need to wait."
"This type of stuff happens in the Premier League and that's why you not only need quality players, you need a very good dynamic, and strong team bond and at the moment that situation in our group is still far far away from what we expect."

Poch: 26/08/2019
"I think this is my sixth season and the most unsettled group we are working with,"
"That is why we are relaxed and calm. Some situations we cannot fix. Nothing to say about that, situations that are going on in the squad. Still we need to wait."
"This type of stuff happens in the Premier League and that's why you not only need quality players, you need a very good dynamic, and strong team bond and at the moment that situation in our group is still far far away from what we expect."

Having trouble buying what Poch is selling here.

You have established leaders with Kane, Jan, Hugo.

Players that have been here or around the club for a long time in Dele, Son, Winks, Dier, KWP, Lamela, Sissoko has 100% settled in. Lucas seemed like a great fit since day 1.

So are lead to believe that Eriksen, Toby, and Rose are causing so much of a fuss that it's unsettling everyone else at the club?

If that is really the case, this group has a much weaker mentality than i thought.

It's one excuse after another with Poch lately. He's reaching Mourinho like dramatics.

Last edited:
Vowed I wouldn't speculate on this but do any of you not think Poch has possibly strayed a little too close with his players ? He has seemed to maintain more of a coach relationship than a manager. Ferguson was a prime example of someone who, whilst respected by the team, always kept that discrete distance from them that allowed him to keep order amongst the ranks.
I am all for team spirit and a feeling of camaraderie but as anybody here who has held a managerial or supervisory position will know, there is a need to remind staff (players in this case) who is ultimately responsible for their individual actions and performances.
Whilst Poch has to be a friend, confidante, father figure, mentor and probably many other guises in order to 'keep the dressing room' he also has to be revered and feared if someone deserves a good bollocking. I just somehow cannot see him giving any player the 'hair dryer' treatment.
After a while that's when complacency creeps in and players become a little too 'comfortable' with life. Maybe I am way off the mark here but just me thinking aloud.....

Back
Top Bottom