Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank you.
And in my opening post there was no tirade against Levy.
Just a message asking people to reflect that sometimes the problems we see on the pitch or in the dressing room might run deeper than simply blaming the head coach or manager.
Whilst Ive got no probem with Levy. He has taken us from mid table to the CL final you know?

I do have sympathy with what you are saying. Our tickets are rediculously expensive. So much so that I dont bother going anymore. We have to now bring in people like Dybala. Marquee signings that can go straight into the team.

I'm Levy in but I think that the Cl run of last year papered over a lot of cracks and ultimately it's not a level we belong at. He's taken us from mid table to a bonafide top 4 club for the past few years he's also built a new stadium and training ground so what ever anyone says he's left a legacy and taken us forward.

That said I have some reservations about Levy and feel that we will see his true intentions in the remainder of his tenure. The transfer window of 2018 Is criminal after finding out we made a world record profit and has cost us dearly imo, I also feel the stadium and training ground were mutually beneficial for the fans and Levy , it increases the value and revenue of Levy's investment significantly and isn't that risky in the current climate, is he going to be as keen to invest in a more volatile investment like 70 million pound players we will need to progress.? I'm not so sure he will without selling first.

We could be in the predicament of losing Jan Toby and Eriksen on a free and not have CL football next season it's a very strong possibility, I'm not sure I'd trust Levy invest enough to get us back in contention in that scenario.

The FA Cup, League Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup winners cup have been consigned to history. Thats not levys fault.

The premier league and CL is all that counts nowdays.

I think I gave up on the League Cup when they decided to ditch the extra time and go straight to penalties - where's the sportsmanship in that? I also didn't like it when they dropped replays and two-legged ties in the second round. These are the things that devalue a competition rather than a club's choice to field a weaker team but I suppose the latter is what leads to the former. It becomes a case of "If the big clubs don't give a shit, why should we?" which is wrong because the 1999 and 2008 successes were both very rewarding experiences for us and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I'm glad the FA Cup hasn't gone too far down that road. We still have replays (apart from the semi-final and the final) but it's still made a few steps in that direction. The 1981 FA Cup Final would be settled by a penalty shoot-out in this day and age - isn't that so much better for the game?

John Thomas John Thomas nearly 80%, and you started the poll at a point of adversity.......maybe time to realise that those that shout loudest don't very often represent the majority?
To be fair, he did say he expected most people to vote in favour of levy. & he gets a lot of disagrees & people arguing Against his posts against levy. So I am sure he is aware a lot love levy.

They're the resident trolls - fans of other clubs posing as Spurs fans - no sane Spurs fan would want to get rid of the most successful CEO in the EPL .... his job is to move the business forward even a complete idiot can't deny that he's done that.

Ahh, the old "people who disagree with me support other clubs" myth.

You desperately apologised for Levy throughout our two-window non-signing experiment. Countless others - a million plus probably worldwide, including me and many others on here - strongly disagreed with you. Does that make all of us fans of other clubs?

My mate's dad is 78, been a fan for 70+ years, ST holder for 60+, still goes abroad with the team. He can't stand Levy. Are you saying that you who never goes are more of a true fan than he is? That he's secretly a gooner?

You desperately apologised for Levy throughout our two-window Non-Signing experiment. Countless others - a million plus probably worldwide, including me and many others on here - strongly disagreed with you. Does that make all of us fans of other clubs?

My mate's dad is 78, been a fan for 70+ years, ST holder for 60+, still goes abroad with the team. He can't stand Levy. Are you saying that you who never goes are more of a true fan than he is? That he's secretly a gooner?

My Dad has been a fan for about 150 years and has had probably 15 season tickets he's not sold on Levy either, I think I'll order in a Woolwich shirt in for him this xmas.

Fair question to ask, I suppose. One frequently asked by Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 .
But although Spurs are a big part of my life, its not the only thing in my life.
I'm a passionate remainer on the brexit issue. I despise discrimination based on where someone was born, their colour or sexuality.
But I don't attend marches or political events to vent my feelings. Never have, and possibly never will..
You may see that as cowardly. Or hypocritical. Or just downright lazy.
But its who I am. And just like you and millions of others, I'll continue to use the tools of social media to discuss and put forward my opinion on what ever matters are important to me.
It's silly when people say to protest or else. In that case most of us on here don't care about the evil goings on in the world unless we are out there matching & protesting against it. Anyone accusing you of that aren't protesting themselves against the things they are against.
I mean Nike make our kit & they are well known for their terrible record & history with slave lavour & child slave labour. Must mean all us posters, kane & the players are all in favour of slave labour :pocheyes:

You desperately apologised for Levy throughout our two-window non-signing experiment. Countless others - a million plus probably worldwide, including me and many others on here - strongly disagreed with you. Does that make all of us fans of other clubs?

Not at all, just saying that he's a bit of an idiot ... he clearly has no clue what a CEO's job entails ... ignorance maybe an excuse for him, so what's yours?

This might help - The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has overall responsibility for creating, planning, implementing, and integrating the strategic direction of an organisation. It's a CEO's prime responsibility to increase the value of said business.

THFC taken over in 2001 valued 85 million - Levy appointed chairman and CEO

fast forward 18 years with Levy in charge ....

THFC valued by Forbes at 1,600 million

Now you may not like what happens on the field but as a CEO Levy has been nothing short of phenomenal

Last edited:
Not at all, just saying that he's a bit of an idiot ... he clearly has no clue what a CEO's job entails ... ignorance maybe an excuse for him, so what's yours?
Firstly, I'm neither Levy In nor Levy Out, so your dig doesn't stand.

Secondly, John, my mate's dad, is a successful businessman, was CEO of a medium-sized company (employs about a hundred people) for near on 30 years and has set up other ventures since retiring, so he's anything but ignorant and probably has considerably more of a clue about running successful businesses than you do.

Thirdly, you avoided the question as to whether you honestly believe that the 23 people who voted Out are fans of other clubs who have infiltrated this forum purely on the basis that they disagree with you. Does this also apply to the tens of thousands worldwide who might share this view around the world? To the hundreds of thousands who wouldn't go that far but are nevertheless critical of certain aspects of his tenure?

Good post. I am surprised at the amount of people who want poch sacked (& disagree with my positive view of him). BUT it doesn't mean they must be fan's of other clubs.

Firstly, I'm neither Levy In nor Levy Out, so your dig doesn't stand.

Secondly, John, my mate's dad, is a successful businessman, was CEO of a medium-sized company (employs about a hundred people) for near on 30 years and has set up other ventures since retiring, so he's anything but ignorant and probably has considerably more of a clue about running successful businesses than you do.

Thirdly, you avoided the question as to whether you honestly believe that the 23 people who voted Out are fans of other clubs who have infiltrated this forum purely on the basis that they disagree with you. Does this also apply to the tens of thousands worldwide who might share this view around the world? To the hundreds of thousands who wouldn't go that far but are nevertheless critical of certain aspects of his tenure?
No need to dick swing ... as a CEO I employed thousands of people, so what that doesn't make my opinion any better than the next man. The point is the CEO's role is to increase the value of the business ... if you don't think Levy has done this well there's not much more to be said ...

Do I think this site has many trolls from other clubs ... of course I do, would be very odd if we didn't all football sites are trolled that's part of the fun ... I have a view on who is 'fake' but I don't know for sure ...

Tens of thousands can think what they want, there are millions who believe the world is flat, that climate change is a hoax, that God actually exists ... are they right?

Whilst Ive got no probem with Levy. He has taken us from mid table to the CL final you know?

I do have sympathy with what you are saying. Our tickets are rediculously expensive. So much so that I dont bother going anymore. We have to now bring in people like Dybala. Marquee signings that can go straight into the team.
That’s why I’d give it another two seasons personally. I think there will need to be big efforts shown or fans will start to stay away.

Would you agree that when taking all of the above into account an 80% approval rating is ridiculously high?

Imagine if you'd run the same poll a few days before the CL final.
Yes. I would agree. But for the first couple of weeks after the Poch out poll was put up his approval rating was even higher.
That's now standing at around 75/25 due to a bunch of people bandwagon jumping and changing their vote after the Colchester defeat. But still a ringing endorsement of Poch.
What it does show is that over 40% of forum posters are unhappy either with Poch or with Levy.
And some of us think the uphill battle facing the squad right now has more to do with Levy's approach than Poch's managerial abilities

No it doesn't - the questions were asked independently of one another.

You can't just add the results together, or else you can say over 150% of forum posters are happy with them.
Yeah but I just get the feeling that nobody who voted Poch out will have voted Levy out and vice versa.
Whereas a lot of people will have voted no in both polls.
Could be wrong I suppose.

No it doesn't - the questions were asked independently of one another.

You can't just add the results together, or else you can say over 150% of forum posters are happy with them.
Also, going back to this point, imagine if the Poch out poll had been posted just before the CL final. It would have been 99% no.
Like I keep telling you, the poll was posted in the balance of fairness to counteract the other one

It's silly when people say to protest or else. In that case most of us on here don't care about the evil goings on in the world unless we are out there matching & protesting against it. Anyone accusing you of that aren't protesting themselves against the things they are against.
I mean Nike make our kit & they are well known for their terrible record & history with slave lavour & child slave labour. Must mean all us posters, kane & the players are all in favour of slave labour :pocheyes:
No one said protest or else you fluffer.

I asked why John doesn't protest.

VEbmoWU.gif

Back
Top Bottom