Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The feeling i got watching today was i felt sadness as i was watching a declining force of old.
For the last 4 seasons we have competed with the best. We had two seasons we were the best on our day but never managed to get it together over one whole season to win the league.
Tottenham vs liverpool or man city was a fascinating match with the highest quality football you could find on show.

We are not that team anymore. Its so fuckin sad to see we are not that top quality team that can beat anyone on our day anymore, the team is broken.

Pochettino when he came in would have dropped Rose, Toby and Eriksen. Maybe Jam to for their committment. He would have been a stubborn basterd but he recognised a committed player is better than one not there mentally despite how good. Now he doesn't care. Treats the lads like Lucas terribly who are 100% for the cause but eriksen can walts on back.
Where is the youth coming through? Where is the constant press? Where has the team that were the fittest on the pitch vanished to?

None of us truely know whats going on but Pochs credit has now dried up. We havent won anything whilst he has been here. 7 against bayern. Losing the colchester. The poor 2019 form.

Never forget, Lucas Moura got us into the champs league final by his masterful second half display and last second goal, not Pochettino.

In game management and motivation is his job. Picking a good team.
Hes lacking in all of those

This angers me unlike so many other shit results. Because it's them. Go read the comments under this article just to remind yourself of the loathsome bunch of shit-for-brains putrid cunts they are: Mohamed Salah holds his nerve as Liverpool put Spurs to the sword

Why do we always play into their hands with our tactics and then self destruct in some way too just for good measure? Why didn't Ndombele start but Eriksen stayed on the pitch for that long when he was a complete fucking ghost for most of it? Why the fuck does Rose go for a shot when Kane is standing in yards of space next to him in the opposition box? What does Lucas have to do to get a fucking game even in this bullshit excuse for a season? Why the fuck are we always playing ourselves for clowns in these games against these vile cretins?

Something has to change now. This isn't working. We are not getting top 4 this season.Pochetino might as well make drastic changes to the starting 11 and make a point of dropping certain players for good; that or he should just walk away now before this becomes an even bigger clusterfuck. Hope that Amazon doc is coming together well, that's the important thing afterall.

Don't see it this season mate. There's only 2 places up for grabs, and at the mo Leicester and Chelsea are pissing it tbf. I know season's long but......
leicester wont last, they will drop points, and chelsea while playing quite well, are not that great, and will drop points, and we should get some form back soon, with changes if poch sees sense, the only really terrible games have been bayern and brighton, no idea on that one apart from we were half asleep.

Gazza earns Player of the match

Do we take that as a compliment with him being our goalkeeper or is it a sign of just how busy he was ? 😎

The latter. As for his quality, he is a decent keeper, but nothing more. We most likely need to buy a new keeper in the summer. Lloris has regressed tremendously.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.
We had chances to score 2 or more goals before they scored.
The point I was trying to make is that you use the word 'deserved' and 'at least', implying that a draw was an absolute minimum reward for the performance today. You deserve what you get and their second half dominance (which Poch sees totally differently to me as he thinks we controlled it) gave them the three points their performance merited.
Being 11th with 12 points isn't going to alter because we 'deserve' to be higher. It's a cruel world in the Premier League and we have to become harder and more resolute rather than thinking we were unlucky, otherwise we shall find ourselves even lower.

The point I was trying to make is that you use the word 'deserved' and 'at least', implying that a draw was an absolute minimum reward for the performance today. You deserve what you get and their second half dominance (which Poch sees totally differently to me as he thinks we controlled it) gave them the three points their performance merited.
Being 11th with 12 points isn't going to alter because we 'deserve' to be higher. It's a cruel world in the Premier League and we have to become harder and more resolute rather than thinking we were unlucky, otherwise we shall find ourselves even lower.
Long reply. Still don't get your point.
We could easily have won 3-0.

Last edited:
Crap formation, crap selection.
Aurier is an embarassment of an RB- Poch's choice here is inexplicable.
Eriksen and Dele switching LAM/CAM was stupid- Dele is no LAM.
Nobody wanted to pick up Fabinho 10m outside the box, and gave him all day to hit that ball over the top to Henderson. Very poor assessment of danger...
TAA should have been sent off. Ref was very poor and inconsistent in showing yellow cards- surprise, surprise.
Mane found a way to fuck us with chicanery yet again.
Pochs subs were too late as usual.
Eriksen shoulda been hooked for Lucas around the 60' mark.
Not sure what Poch is doing, but he can't seem to put us in a position to win anymore.
Barely seems to understand tactics and these players' capabilities...

Oh he understands all right

This is quite deliberate as this fraud wants the sack and a pay off

MOTD pundits

Long reply.
We could easily have won 3-0.
There's the magic word, usually associated with 'if only' and sadly counts for nothing. We have to get out of that mindset, accept and analyse our defeats or we will never sort ourselves out. Losing has to hurt, only then will we be able to get back to where we were.
If Poch said to them after the match "Never mind, we deserved at least a draw and could have won 3-0" then all is lost and we are truly doomed.

CE is garbage and doesn’t give a shit. Like playing with ten men today. Wtf won’t poch learn. Sub at... 63 mins, like clockwork, should have changed it at half time. Le Celso getting 5mins, just enough time for everyone to see he could have made a difference if given a chance. Blows my mind, unbelievable

There's the magic word, usually associated with 'if only' and sadly counts for nothing. We have to get out of that mindset, accept and analyse our defeats or we will never sort ourselves out. Losing has to hurt, only then will we be able to get back to where we were.
If Poch said to them after the match "Never mind, we deserved at least a draw and could have won 3-0" then all is lost and we are truly doomed.
Did you just watch the Arse game on MOTD? They should have won. They didn't.
At the end of the season the table does not lie. But today we deserved better.

Back
Top Bottom