Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

asterdroid

White Hart Pain
I'm not a superstitious man, but throughout 2019 there appeared to be a pattern of us losing away games on a day when I was on a family day out and I streamed the game on my phone.
I will thus remain at home this weekend.

Last edited:
--------------------Gazza-------------------------
Foyth----Sanchez----Vertonghen----Davies
----------------------Dier--------------------------
----------Ndombele----Winks-------------------
Lamela-----------------------------------------Son
-----------------------Kane--------------------------

fK13Ti0.jpg

Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Moura, Eriksen, Alli

or

HCqHQiE.jpg

Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Moura, Eriksen, Alli

Just home from the game. What a pleasure to see the fluidity and energy exhibited tonight,. I know RSB are not the greatest team in the world but I think we made them look as though they are contenders for it. Everyone played full on tonight. Ben was great but I thought he was running out of steam in the last 20 minutes. Maybe he needs to drop a few pounds but he is a very good LB. I didn't miss CE at all and neither did the team. Ditto Rose. Harry played with terrific energy. So good to see his movement off the ball and passing superbly. Sonny his usual smiling scoring self. Ndombele is majestic. Anyone who wants Lamela gone is an arsehole! His passing was sublime. At least 2 of the goals wouldn't have happened without him. 3 if you count his. Love the guy. I'm hoping for the same attitude on Sunday. This must have given the lads and Poch a real lift and if they can bring it to Anfield, it's going to be a tussle. For the 1st time in a while, I have real hope. What a great evening.

shame we have to take our best performance of the season into Anfield which is probably one of the hardest places to go in world football at the minute.
stranger things have happened so fuck it I will try and go positive we can squeak a draw 2-2
ok that's the heart out of the way, what's the head saying?
4-1 to them....
meh

If we set up like we did in the CL, we will struggle.

Our midfield is so light and goes missing that we would struggle to get involved.

Winks is most likely back in the squad and he roles out a version of the diamond again.

--------------------Gazza-------------------------
Foyth----Sanchez----Vertonghen----Davies
----------------------Dier--------------------------
----------Ndombele----Winks-------------------
Lamela-----------------------------------------Son
-----------------------Kane--------------------------

Came here to post the same lineup. Just on slightly different way to put it (more like Pep)

-------------Gazza----------
Foyth-Sanchez-Jan-Davies
------------Dier---------------
Lamela-Ndombele-Winks-Son
------------Kane----------------

Heck, I could see us going with Alli instead of Winks.
But let's not kid ourselves - Lamela, Son and whoever partners Ndbomele in the middle (Winks/Alli/Sissoko) have to press and work back to defense very much. In some sense it makes sense using Winks then - he is more rested to work his socks off.

(fck it feels good to post a lineup with at least very-very-very slight glimmer of hope for a change; did not feel it before any of like last 5 games, even against Brighton or Watford)

Back
Top Bottom