Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit late to the party but for me Dele is a player that is woefully out of form and massively short of confidence after injuries. He should be dropped to the bench and played in cup games/end of matches where we're winning comfortably but selling him would be a mistake. He's only 22/23(?) and is so far ahead of previous top players in terms of age and career. His value at the moment won't be great so the benefits of keeping him far outweigh just getting rid. Whether he's peaked or not is anyone's guess.
I agree he should be kept, he's not the type of talent you give up on. If he flames out, so be it, but if he goes somewhere else and rediscovers himself we will have sold waaaay too cheaply.

I disagree he should be only a bench player, with the caveat that the team selection around him should change. If he's started alongside other passengers like Eriksen, Rose, etc. then we don't have cover for when he has a bad game. At any given time it is OK to have a couple players in a squad you're trying to get into form. The problem is when you have half the team not in form like we do now. I'd prefer Dele play and we just don't start players like Eriksen alongside him. If we're playing a front 4 then play Kane, Son, Lamela and Dele. At least everyone there will give a shit and if Dele has a bad game at least the other three can still create. The problem with yesterday was we had Eriksen in there too much basically meant Harry and Son had to do it all.

Wish we could sell Eriksen but he'll end up as a free end of the season.... who would want to buy him in January based on his current performances ? (and hopefully his last for Spurs).
If he doesn't go in January, then he simply has to sit in the reserves until he goes. He's bringing nothing to the table, so he doesn't deserve a place in the match-day squads.

Still think we should try and nick the RB from the Blades.

It's always "next game", or "next week". For some it's already become next season. What about NOW?
Whilst we faff around, we're sinking down the table, our new signings are bound to be getting frustrated with game time. And poor Lucas gets shat on every week. We can't afford NOT do anything now because it will cost far more than mere money. Our self respect, our pride, a lot of fair weather supporters and unlikely as it may seem , our place in the PL. Something has to give. As I see it at the moment, Poch has become a symptom but the disease is Levy who doesn't appear to really care so long as the profits roll in. He's destroying this clu, slowly but surely.
we the fans have no say in the games they play.

leicester wont last, they will drop points, and chelsea while playing quite well, are not that great, and will drop points, and we should get some form back soon, with changes if poch sees sense, the only really terrible games have been bayern and brighton, no idea on that one apart from we were half asleep.
How do you know they won't last? They managed to last a few seasons ago. You can never assume anything in this game. You've been a fan long enough to know that.

Or, he was always overrated due to his goal tally and was actually never that good to begin with. I know which one I believe it to be. And the beauty of my take is you can actually mitigate the problem. He's not good, never was good, never was a MF from day 1 even though he gets put there, and isn't going to get better/come good/get back to the old Dele. He is the old Dele, just without the goals. So you recognize that as an organization and recruit a player on top of him. He moves to the bench and actually learns his craft or fades away.

In Ndombele and GLC's combined 37 minutes on the field they provided more actual footballing than Dele has for about 2 years. He's not a good footballer and never was a good footballer and can easily be replace by many a competent footballer from around the globe.
Couldn't disagree more. I remember a time when he was one of the players who most delighted the fans, like CE, but his poor form is no reason to put him down. On his day, he was as good as anyone and for me at least, he has a great legacy which is why it's so upsetting to watch him at the present.

because last time stupid teams in the pl, underestimated them, fell hook line and sinker, for their gameplan, attacked leicester most of the game and then were hit on break or a set piece, and we were one of those teams, leicester city were a very average team, and they suckered the whole pl in, they worked so hard running, tackling , headering, they should have lost half their team midway, through sprained muscles, tears, hamstrings, hardly lost a player and just kept going, this team wont cope as well, they will get injuries, and have to adjust with weaker players, we gave them the game when we played them, but whats new.

because last time stupid teams in the pl, underestimated them, fell hook line and sinker, for their gameplan, attacked leicester most of the game and then were hit on break or a set piece, and we were one of those teams, leicester city were a very average team, and they suckered the whole pl in, they worked so hard running, tackling , headering, they should have lost half their team midway, through sprained muscles, tears, hamstrings, hardly lost a player and just kept going, this team wont cope as well, they will get injuries, and have to adjust with weaker players, we gave them the game when we played them, but whats new.
reply for spaniel

Couldn't disagree more. I remember a time when he was one of the players who most delighted the fans, like CE, but his poor form is no reason to put him down. On his day, he was as good as anyone and for me at least, he has a great legacy which is why it's so upsetting to watch him at the present.
TBF most of the fans at games are drunk. I'm not putting him down I'm jsut stating my long-time observations of a player. You make it sound like there's some nefarious motive behind my observations. He's had his moments but they've been just that, fleeting moments. But these moment have been interspersed between larger expanses of wastefulness and technical deficiency.

And in the main he has never been a major contributor to our play but rather a main beneficiary of our play. And for me the upsetting part is that he has not improved his game to become a more of a contributor and that will be his downfall. His will be a story of what could have been and it's being written as we type.

Appreciate your perspective though.

this would be my team next game, gazzaniga, foyth, sanchez, aldi, verts, sissoko ,ndombele, lo celso, moura, son, kane.
verts has played full back before.

The claim was

Only watched 4:10 and it was as I remembered...not running at players with the ball. That's what Dembele did , Hazard, Sterling, etc do. Those in the vid were take-ons out on the wing and most came to so little. They often ended in LOP. If that's what you wanna see then fair enough.

And I will stick with baseball. That will mean I'd understand more about two sports than you'll ever know.
Baseball is not a sport. It's a pastime. A bunch of mostly overweight gum chewing spitting guys who find it difficult to run round the diamond. However I if it makes money, I'm sure Levy will start having games at the Lane.

Baseball is not a sport. It's a pastime. A bunch of mostly overweight gum chewing/tobacco spitting guys who find it difficult to run round the diamond. However I if it makes money, I'm sure Levy will start having games at the Lane.
You did spend too much time over here. Exactly correct my cutting friend.

And for my edification what is your personal classification of Cricket? I believe over there you classify it as sport, no? Just looking for a little consistency.

Also, why do English lads sing in 'American'? Check your shhhhhhhhhhhhedule and get back to me. I know you had a problem with our math so I just want to be clear on these items.

I agree he should be kept, he's not the type of talent you give up on. If he flames out, so be it, but if he goes somewhere else and rediscovers himself we will have sold waaaay too cheaply.

I disagree he should be only a bench player, with the caveat that the team selection around him should change. If he's started alongside other passengers like Eriksen, Rose, etc. then we don't have cover for when he has a bad game. At any given time it is OK to have a couple players in a squad you're trying to get into form. The problem is when you have half the team not in form like we do now. I'd prefer Dele play and we just don't start players like Eriksen alongside him. If we're playing a front 4 then play Kane, Son, Lamela and Dele. At least everyone there will give a shit and if Dele has a bad game at least the other three can still create. The problem with yesterday was we had Eriksen in there too much basically meant Harry and Son had to do it all.

I meant dropped to the bench in the short-term more than long-term, until he gets some confidence and form back anyway. Son, Lucas, Lamela and Lo Celso should have enough between them to fill the 2-3 spots up top behind Kane.

I object strongly to the MU reference......😩
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom