Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck off you fucking idiot. Every thread? That’s the first time I’ve responded to Mick in months. I don’t know what you’re reading. I suspect you’re just being a dramacunt.

Ok. Apologies. It just seems like a pretty regular thing but I don't appreciate the abuse from someone whose views I respect...

But it’s still a personal insult which you say you never do. I don’t care who you mug off, but don’t pretend you’re built of something purer. You’re down in the gutter - just like the rest of us.
Thanks for the unsolicited advice.
I wasn't aware that I had been passing myself off as some kind of saintly person. I'm happy with the way I conduct myself on here and do my best to stick to my principle of talking to people in the way I would if they were standing in front of me in a pub.
If he was like that (ie. His posting style and content) in my company I would call him a gobshite.
But then again I doubt he would behave like that publicly, because he does abuse and insult people on here, behaviour that would get him a healthy shoeing in real world circumstances- as would you for some of your foul mouthed rants.
So I dont try to come over holier than thou, so if that's what it has come across as, I'll watch what I post in future.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice.
I wasn't aware that I had been passing myself off as some kind of saintly person. I'm happy with the way I conduct myself on here and do my best to stick to my principle of talking to people in the way I would if they were standing in front of me in a pub.
If he was like that (ie. His posting style and content) in my company I would call him a gobshite.
But then again I doubt he would behave like that publicly, because he does abuse and insult people on here, behaviour that would get him a healthy shoeing in real world circumstances- as would you for some of your foul mouthed rants.
So I dont try to come over holier than thou, so if that's what it has come across as, I'll watch what I post in future.

I’m not being ‘holier than thou’ I’m simply stating that you aren’t above a bit of personal abuse when it suits. Go for it Mick - I couldn’t give a hoot. I’m just pointing out what you do - not what you are. You should own what you are. There’s no shame in that - I enjoy your your polemics.

I’m not being ‘holier than thou’ I’m simply stating that you aren’t above a bit of personal abuse when it suits. Go for it Mick - I couldn’t give a hoot. I’m just pointing out what you do - not what you are. You should own what you are. There’s no shame in that - I enjoy your your polemics.
I didn't say you were Joe, I said - if I was

I knowing doesn't tell the whole story but 5 shots on target apiece doesn't seem to be a battering. Loved the dirty fouls on traore: think we've missed a bit of that when lamela hasn't played...quality montage of it on match of the day!

5 shots on target doesn't include Dier hitting the post and Dele bending one just around the outside of the post.

They utterly dominated possession and played much better football than us, but on the whole, their actual chances were fairly weak and easy to deal with. I only recall Gazza making 1 or 2 actual saves rather than simple catches.

I know Lucas' goal was easy on the eye, but I'd swap him for Traore all day.

I knowing doesn't tell the whole story but 5 shots on target apiece doesn't seem to be a battering. Loved the dirty fouls on traore: think we've missed a bit of that when lamela hasn't played...quality montage of it on match of the day!

Our rotating yellow card policy on Traore was one of the most satisfying elements of the game.

Seems like years since we’ve won a really competitive, old-fashioned game of football.

Terrible performance, great result - so can't really complain. As others have said, I didn't quite expect the Wolves fans to be against our players so much, especially in such a cynical and hate-filled manner. But then again, they do have to live in Wolverhampton. Can't be easy for them either.

I didn't quite expect the MOTD team to be against our players so much.

5 shots on target doesn't include Dier hitting the post and Dele bending one just around the outside of the post.

They utterly dominated possession and played much better football than us, but on the whole, their actual chances were fairly weak and easy to deal with. I only recall Gazza making 1 or 2 actual saves rather than simple catches.

I know Lucas' goal was easy on the eye, but I'd swap him for Traore all day.
Hes only 23 as well. He's bound to improve too if played with better players.

I guess there are a couple of ways we could skin this particular rabbit, various combinations and compromises. Skipp with Ndombele one side and Lo Celso the other would seem like a really nice combination of tenacity and football skill sets. Or even Dier, god forbid, would have his limitations less stretched to breaking point if he was just playing as the defensive hub of a CM3. But you could put Winks in one of the three slots if one of those isn't available - either way, the CM3 system compensates for what we are lacking and gives us better protection in the defensive transitions.
Seems like Jeans agrees.

Love this one...
EL2Z9mzXYAAEDu4
Would make a great Christmas card.

Back
Top Bottom