Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defence under mourinho is definitely better than under poch, and that was to be expected.

Offence is still shaky but as lo Celso has found his footing, it's been better. Once the new signings and Ndombele get their gears going, we should be back to top 4/contender form (of a regular season, not this season).

Defence under mourinho is definitely better than under poch, and that was to be expected.

Offence is still shaky but as lo Celso has found his footing, it's been better. Once the new signings and Ndombele get their gears going, we should be back to top 4/contender form (of a regular season, not this season).

Could be top 4 this season. We’re one of a number of inconsistent teams going for 4th. We can overtake Chelsea.

Ndombele is going to be huge.

I'm so disappointed with his total number of minutes this season, but trust in Mourinho that he's not there yet physically and needs to be built up properly for the PL. When he's able to start he'll be linking that defence and attack like a boss.

Could be top 4 this season. We’re one of a number of inconsistent teams going for 4th. We can overtake Chelsea.

If I didn't have the inbuilt pessimism of Spurs fandom, I'd fancy our chances - actively improved the squad, third most points since José took over, and Chelsea haven't looked right for so many games now - they are where they are because of their quick start.

It's missing Kane that'll be the biggest thorn in our side.

Ndombele is going to be huge.

I'm so disappointed with his total number of minutes this season, but trust in Mourinho that he's not there yet physically and needs to be built up properly for the PL. When he's able to start he'll be linking that defence and attack like a boss.

If I didn't have the inbuilt pessimism of Spurs fandom, I'd fancy our chances - actively improved the squad, third most points since José took over, and Chelsea haven't looked right for so many games now - they are where they are because of their quick start.

It's missing Kane that'll be the biggest thorn in our side.

The bonus is that Kane has always been a rapid healer so we'll see if we get an early gift as the season carries on.

We've played Liverpool and Man City twice now. Chelsea still have both to play so 4-7 points lead really can get squeezed very quickly as we saw today. Let's see if the lads can get similar goals to games ratios like we saw today. 2 goals a game against Man City, I challenge the lads to strive for similar in every game from now until the end of the season, let's see what they've got

The bonus is that Kane has always been a rapid healer so we'll see if we get an early gift as the season carries on.

We've played Liverpool and Man City twice now. Chelsea still have both to play so 4-7 points lead really can get squeezed very quickly as we saw today. Let's see if the lads can get similar goals to games ratios like we saw today. 2 goals a game against Man City, I challenge the lads to strive for similar in every game from now until the end of the season, let's see what they've got

I feel like we are going to go on a run here. With Steven W in the squad, GLC getting in form, and Ndombele able to play at least a bit, I think we can catch and surpass Chelsea.

Ndombele brings a lot off the bench. His ball control, ability to create space for himself, and his passing add a great element for us.

Ready to eat my humble pie. Biggest gripe I had with him was in the big games he often fucked up. Was a giant in that goal tonight, and we would of lost without him

More of it Hugo please Hugo keep giving the pie and I'll eat it gladly COYS
He fucked up, he got away with it.

His penalty save was fantastic though

Him and Tanganga mix up you mean? I thought that was a bit of both there faults he should have left it for Hugo but Hugo also should of not come out that far when Tanganga controlled the ball.

He also made 4 or 5 other great saves
He did similar against Southampton when Tanganga cleared off the line, and yesterday there was no way Tanganga was to blame.

There certainly has been a more authoritive air about him since he came back.

You still shit yourself every time he jumps and how he's going to land though
I'm not his biggest fan, but at least he tries to take control of situations. Poor old Gazza was killing us by staying rooted to his line and not even bothering to dive half the time.

Not if he's getting to it after other players. Tanganga was in the right and Hugo once again came off his line poorly.

Still at least Trippier wasn't playing.
That was a 5 v 4/3 in City's favour. They should have scored, but I'd argue strongly that they would have a better chance of doing so had Lloris stayed at home. By coming off his line he forced their move, rushed their play which resulted in them making the wrong call. It also held up their attack briefly enabling Toby and Sanchez to cover the goal.

You would still expect players of their quality to still have buried it but anything can happen if you put stress onto your oppo.
25duAJlV

That was a 5 v 4/3 in City's favour. They should have scored, but I'd argue strongly that they would have a better chance of doing so had Lloris stayed at home. By coming off his line he forced their move, rushed their play which resulted in them making the wrong call. It also held up their attack briefly enabling Toby and Sanchez to cover the goal.

You would still expect players of their quality to still have buried it but anything can happen if you put stress onto your oppo.
25duAJlV
He came off the line to a ball Tanganga had covered actually creating the chance for city by taking himself and Tanganga out of the game. The centre halves did very well to defend the incident. You say 5 on 3, when the through ball was played in was 3 defenders against Sterling.

He came off the line to a ball Tanganga had covered actually creating the chance for city by taking himself and Tanganga out of the game. The centre halves did very well to defend the incident. You say 5 on 3, when the through ball was played in was 3 defenders against Sterling.
The only quibble I have with that is the quality of Toby's clearance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom