Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm actually not. Ok he's trying too hard sometimes, and too hard stuff other, and he's not really sharp in front of goal. But he's fucking there where it happens, he keeps making the runs and creating chances. A goal on one of them today and he could have scored a hattrick. I predict at least one goal on Wednesday and one against Chelski.
How many times I have read similar in the last 12 months!

I just watched MOTD2, he just runs off, does some religious thing, then hugs Son and a few other lads. im not really bothered if people find that annoying but I'll never understand
You don't sound bothered.
It amuses me when 3 months ago everyone was telling him to do one now there's a load of white knights defending him.
The match day threads at the moment are the best read if people slagging off players really doesn't bother you

I think I can now see why it tends to go so quickly wrong for Mourinho teams - so easy for the wins like yesterday to turn into defeats.

As soon as the players stop trying for him there isn't much left.

Have you witnessed one game since he took over where you have said to yourself that his teams look any more organised or solid than Poch's, because I haven't.
At times the teams look like strangers and some of them are past their play by date IMHO.
The playing staff are the issue, rather than the management of them.

Silk purse and sows ears

We've just won a thrilling game of football where both sides created tons of chances and we got over the line in the last minute.
It was a throwback game to another time, if you can't take joy from that why bother?

As others have said our form is very good, we are improving, We have some real promising new players who are bedding in well.

I just don't understand the negativity. Yes we aren't perfect, Yes perhaps 1-2 are past there sell by date. But try looking at the positives or you just come across as somebody with an agenda.

If I was that negative after a win I'd take up something else with my spare time and save myself the stress

Wasnt always pretty,but we got the job done ...In the end!
Funny thing is i enjoyed the game yesterday and never felt like we would lose.Even when we went 1 down.
I don't blame Toby for that goal,that's on the skipper i'm afraid.
Good to have Ben Davies back,thought he had a solid game. A defender that can defend.Who'd of thunk it.

Last edited:
It’s nice to see another away win after that awful stretch of being terrible on the road.

I missed the first 20 minutes but thought we were OK. At least we were actually creating chances. Son has been pretty poor since his MaraSona goal, but at least he’s still finding ways to score. Few things in football more satisfying than winning right at the death.

I don't think this should be understated. We were turd away from home for nearly a year. It is going to take a while to get confidence back and relearn how to win away from home.

You have got to feel sorry for the defender, let's hope he won't be the reason if villa get relegated by 1 point.

He hadn't played for 3 months. Pretty negligent management by them to not give him any game time during that period, especially as there has been loads of games. No wonder he came into their side and thankfully for us, had a stinker.

We've just won a thrilling game of football where both sides created tons of chances and we got over the line in the last minute.
It was a throwback game to another time, if you can't take joy from that why bother?

As others have said our form is very good, we are improving, We have some real promising new players who are bedding in well.

I just don't understand the negativity. Yes we aren't perfect, Yes perhaps 1-2 are past there sell by date. But try looking at the positives or you just come across as somebody with an agenda.

If I was that negative after a win I'd take up something else with my spare time and save myself the stress
You're pitching that at the wrong person, I took great joy and pleasure in the win.
The only agenda I have is wanting to see a competitive and cohesive team playing with a structure and going back to looking like we can beat anyone.
The fact is that at the moment we play like a misfiring engine and not the smooth Rolls Royce that we were 2 seasons back.
That said, if we win all our remaining games 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1 I'm not going to moan, but it would be better to see some clean sheets and a tighter defence.
Surely you can see that?

Ha
Haha
Haha Haha
Bwahahahahaha

You live for conflict you dullard.
You are as valuable to this board as arcspace

I wouldn't mind if you actually understood anything about football, but you air your ignorance with every post. Not that I bother reading your turgid witterings

But you do Cooper you do

Now go and play with your walkie talkies in the usual place

Five miles behind the front line while the ‘canon fodder’ do the work

Gutless coward sneaking round on here having the odd rant like this one before disappearing again

In context I’ve got more respect for Clash

Stop disagree spamming then. And why are you trying to ‘trigger’ me? I made a perfectly reasonable post about Sonny’s ruthless finish and you stuck your massive thick head in. How is that me engaging with you? I had you on ignore, but the disagrees still get through as you know - that’s why you do it.

As for ‘cider boy’ I’ll style you as the ‘six dollar man’. We have the technology, but we ain’t spending any money on fixing up this loser with his self-inflicted, alcohol induced frailties.

$6 man. I like that. And please stop quoting - word for word - my own posts back at me. Have a little originality six buck man.

And finally, in the real world when two adults dislike each other, they tend to avoid each other. Now why don’t we? Stick me on ignore like you’ve promised to do at least 50 times before and we’ll be fine. Cheers.

Six million dollar man surely?

Still you got a like from Pie 🥧 man so there’s nice

But fair enough I’ll disengage so we’ll see if you can manage the same

Toodles

You're pitching that at the wrong person, I took great joy and pleasure in the win.
The only agenda I have is wanting to see a competitive and cohesive team playing with a structure and going back to looking like we can beat anyone.
The fact is that at the moment we play like a misfiring engine and not the smooth Rolls Royce that we were 2 seasons back.
That said, if we win all our remaining games 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1 I'm not going to moan, but it would be better to see some clean sheets and a tighter defence.
Surely you can see that?

We kept a clean sheet in the game before against City.

I don't think we are playing like a misfiring engine, we are just playing a different style to the endless possession bore the opposition to death style that Poch employed.

I agree we could do with tightening up our defence, but we've had injuries and hardly been able to play a settled team.
The biggest reason our defence is struggling imo is not the defence itself but the lack of a quality DM in front of it.
Tanganga excited me, shades of Ledley, and I'm talking pace, power and composure not skin colour.

I'm seeing a game plan now, we are all about hurting teams with pace and winning the ball high up the pitch. We aren't about playing out of the back and keeping the ball.

I'm confident we can make top 4 now, Chelsea and Leicester are both struggling our form is good in comparison.

Firstly I wasn't "PISSED OFF" about the equaliser so not sure what you mean by "you people"
Secondly If I fuck up at work and then rectify it I don't stand there with my hand held out for a high five.

Toby scored a beaut, his first in what 2.5/3 years?, it's literally a day or two after he became a dad again so surely there's a huge desire to celebrate that moment and there was 75 minutes or so left of the match.

Do you honestly really want the game to lose all of its emotions? Behave yourself son

Back
Top Bottom