New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

.........and at away games?
Well it can’t be the football if the aways fans have gone quiet all of a sudden unless they loved losing away for 11 months?

From what I could hear they were in good voice against Southampton, Norwich and Villa the last weeks

But let’s pretend everyone was singing and dancing for joy before and the atmospheres were always electric and now every game is shit.

Been like that for ages mate that’s why I remember the likes of Leicester and Palace regularly singing our away fans under the table.

“you wasn’t there” won’t cut it, you’re making stuff up. I can hear a good atmosphere on tv as well as a shit one.
You don’t have to go to the Etihad or Stamford Bridge to know it’s a library

Maybe the boxing fans can show us how to make a real atmosphere. I was embarrassed yesterday - I was looking over at the press box and thinking, they should write how shit our support is. Wolves' fans were not great either but they may as well have been singing to an empty stadium for most of the game.
I having been saying this for years, we have shit support; we lack imagination, don't get behind the team and have this hooligan aggression. Now, some of you can drag your heals in and argue how great our away support is, it is isn't.
I was desperate for a piss so went down a minute before halftime, it was just full of fat, red-faced, middle-aged, aggressive drunks - that is what the stadium is good for, middle aged men getting pissed and moaning.

I am done.

The Lane had a great atmosphere, the problem is, we are a soulless corporate wet dream now (only without the good football or trophies) with a bunch of daytrippers and a stadium that was built as an entertainment venue for the sort of cunts that worship ENIC like they are gods amongst men because they built a huge piece of property to make profit from.

Also, I think a lot of our supporters have given up, just accepted the fact we will always fail, do the "spursy" thing, I don't see that changing unless new owners come in and actually give the supporters belief that we will truly try to win something.

We do have shit support but the shit support comes from the people who would rather have a nice stadium with a few concerts per year and some NFL games over actually seeing success on the pitch and who think trophies aren't important imo, these are the sort of supporters who sit on their fucking phones for 90 mins posting selfies at the stadium or can't be bothered to sing and tell people to sit down when they get passionate.

Those are the cunts bringing this club down.

Well it can’t be the football if the aways fans have gone quiet all of a sudden unless they loved losing away for 11 months?

From what I could hear they were in good voice against Southampton, Norwich and Villa the last weeks

But let’s pretend everyone was singing and dancing for joy before and the atmospheres were always electric and now every game is shit.

Been like that for ages mate that’s why I remember the likes of Leicester and Palace regularly singing our away fans under the table.

“you wasn’t there” won’t cut it, you’re making stuff up. I can hear a good atmosphere on tv as well as a shit one.
You don’t have to go to the Etihad or Stamford Bridge to know it’s a library

"Yeah everyone, don't listen to someone who is actually experiencing it - listen to me as I know better."

:mourfacepalm:

Goes to away games or just home games?
Well he did say away too

Look mate I ain’t interested, I’m tired of this myth that everyone who goes away is stellar.
You just said it’s been shit.

So if they can’t be bothered to support the team cos they don’t like Jose, then I guess they’re no better than the average day tripper

Sang through Sherwood, and AVB and a year of garbage under Poch.

But just NOW they’ve had enough.
I think we all know you’re talking shit, and some games have always been better than others in terms of atmosphere both home and away.

Goes to away games or just home games?
I think he is using me as an example, I don’t go to away games because it is impossible. I used to go to about 10 a year. About 10 years we were great away, it has dramatically slumped in the past 5 years. Kind of like Woolwich away used to be, really difficult to get a ticket but crap support. Funny, how that situation has extended to all games except the odd cup game.

We have nothing on United, Leeds etc

I was in the Chelsea end last week.

I think he is using me as an example, I don’t go to away games because it is impossible. I used to go to about 10 a year. About 10 years we were great away, it has dramatically slumped in the past 5 years. Kind of like Woolwich away used to be, really difficult to get a ticket but crap support. Funny, how that situation has extended to all games except the odd cup game.

We have nothing on United, Leeds etc

I was in the Chelsea end last week.

And that’s the exact example I mean.
You say it’s slumped dramatically for five years.

Blanchflower is trying to make up a scenario where all this has happened since November

Maybe the boxing fans can show us how to make a real atmosphere. I was embarrassed yesterday - I was looking over at the press box and thinking, they should write how shit our support is. Wolves' fans were not great either but they may as well have been singing to an empty stadium for most of the game.
I having been saying this for years, we have shit support; we lack imagination, don't get behind the team and have this hooligan aggression. Now, some of you can drag your heals in and argue how great our away support is, it is isn't.
I was desperate for a piss so went down a minute before halftime, it was just full of fat, red-faced, middle-aged, aggressive drunks - that is what the stadium is good for, middle aged men getting pissed and moaning.

I am done.
Bye .............

I am done.

Theyre all old fuckers. Thats what happens when you price everyone out

So if they can’t be bothered to support the team cos they don’t like Jose, then I guess they’re no better than the average day tripper
They are there, by the very nature of them having paid for a ticket they are supporting the club. They are definitely "bothered". I honestly don't think anyone who doesn't go to a single game a season can really moan / comment / opine about the lack or otherwise of atmosphere. You can't affect the atmosphere from your sofa. I'm not trying to belittle fans because I know there are a plethora of reasons why people can't / don't go, but it's true that if you're not there you can't help.

They are there, by the very nature of them having paid for a ticket they are supporting the club. They are definitely "bothered". I honestly don't think anyone who doesn't go to a single game a season can really moan / comment / opine about the lack or otherwise of atmosphere. You can't affect the atmosphere from your sofa. I'm not trying to belittle fans because I know there are a plethora of reasons why people can't / don't go, but it's true that if you're not there you can't help.

You’ve got it twisted.
I’m saying the atmosphere hasn’t just declined since Jose came, as opposed to the person claiming it has.

And while there are people who go regularly it doesn’t mean they are good fans because they pay at the door. You said yourself it’s full of moaning fat cunts and hooligans.....so

I pay my membership ever year, for two, and barely get to a game.
That does make me a worse fan than someone who goes every week and shouts abuse at Dier?
Cos he pays more?

You can’t slag off the atmosphere just because you go, and then claim everyone that goes are better fans. Clearly they can’t be.

You’ve got it twisted.
I’m saying the atmosphere hasn’t just declined since Jose came, as opposed to the person claiming it has.

And while there are people who go regularly it doesn’t mean they are good fans because they pay at the door. You said yourself it’s full of moaning fat cunts and hooligans.....so

I lay my membership ever year, for two, and barely get to a game.
That does make me a worse fan than someone who goes every week and shouts abuse at Dier?
Cos he pays more?

You can’t slag off the atmosphere just because you go, and then claim everyone that goes are better fans. Clearly they can’t be.
Think you're getting me confused with someone else mate?

Haven't been back since the opening day against Villa, and doubt I ever will.

It's the Emirates v.2. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Apart from Woolwich, Chelsea & West Ham WHL wasn't great anyway, so why anybody expected any different here is beyond me.

PL atmosphere's are a myth. Home or Away, it's just shit.

Bye .............
As a golden rule I've always thought that those who can't get to matches shouldn't comment on the huge commitment of those that do, whether they're singing enough or criticising facilities, arrangements or whatever it is. Especially true in the case of those of us who live outside England.

And yet here you are for the nth time, sniding at people who have made this effort, forked out these vast sums, dedicated large amounts of their time. Standing in judgement about who is and who isn't a "real fan" without knowing a damn thing about them.

What is it that you do, six thousand miles away, that makes you such a superfan, beyond sticking up for ENIC on the internet?

This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone anyway. All you have to do is ask Woolwich, West Ham, Man City fans and so on where they would rather watch their side. I doubt any would say their current grounds. I thought ours might be different purely down to the historical location and the 2 years exiled at Wembley but its looking ominous. Everton will be next. They'll be looking forward to moving to Bramley Moor Docks but give it 2 years after Goodison is bulldozed and they'll be pining for the old place.

Back
Top Bottom