WTF is going wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As the title suggests

• Under-invested mess of a squad

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Over-the-hill mess of a manager

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • I prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend everythings sweet

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • We have the right board and the right manager, but teams lose games sometimes

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Liver metatastis frequency

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
One other thing - a new stadium that we are really struggling to make our own and is very welcoming to the opposition.

I would have LOVED to see the reaction had we built a 60k capacity 1970's style, old 4th Division shithole!!
Wooden stands, 2 urinals (one cracked, and one overflowing), box sized changing rooms with slatted benches that trap the players nuts in the gap..

ONE stall selling bovril and cold steak and kidney pies (you want a Tofu and Quinoia wrap, FUCK OFF!!)

But I don't understand why you're criticising the existence of this thread, while at the same time participating in and contributing to it?
I agree and I seriously thought about ignoring it but the danger of doing so is it leaves a disproportional number of posts that agree everything is down to lack of investment when it is so much more than that. It is not the amount of money spent on the player but the quality of the player. Where is the new Bale, Modric and Berbatov? We spent a lot of money in the summer but look at the criticism of the players in their threads. Where is the young striker between Kane and Parrot ? I hated Sherwood as a Manager but he did seem to be able to develope good young players. As I stated I am still deciding if Jose is right for us. It is the simplistic idea that people choose in a poll what the problem is that I object to as none of the answers are the complete answer.

I agree and I seriously thought about ignoring it but the danger of doing so is it leaves a disproportional number of posts that agree everything is down to lack of investment when it is so much more than that. It is not the amount of money spent on the player but the quality of the player. Where is the new Bale, Modric and Berbatov? We spent a lot of money in the summer but look at the criticism of the players in their threads. Where is the young striker between Kane and Parrot ? I hated Sherwood as a Manager but he did seem to be able to develope good young players. As I stated I am still deciding if Jose is right for us. It is the simplistic idea that people choose in a poll what the problem is that I object to as none of the answers are the complete answer.
He’s a child or an idiot on the wind up. Rarely posts when we win as that doesn’t suit his agenda. Just climbs out from under his rock when things are looking dodgy. Loves a good defeat as it gives him ammo.

I watch the players, and its been like this all season when we are defending (and probably all over the pitch), the players are so reactive to situations. They don't want to force the opposition into making decisions. They'd rather they make a move or run or pass rather than one of our players doing something to make the opposition have to play a particular way.

It happened under Poch and its happened under Mourinho.

It is the culture. High wages for really not performing becomes a epidemic. Soon we will have ball boys making more the effort. The fact we have been overpaying for underachievers is something word gets around. It's not important to win trophys when you get £125k a week and you have playstation and other things to deal with.

It is the culture. High wages for really not performing becomes a epidemic. Soon we will have ball boys making more the effort. The fact we have been overpaying for underachievers is something word gets around. It's not important to win trophys when you get £125k a week and you have playstation and other things to deal with.
We have to admit without Kane,Son we have a team of children.

I watch the players, and its been like this all season when we are defending (and probably all over the pitch), the players are so reactive to situations. They don't want to force the opposition into making decisions. They'd rather they make a move or run or pass rather than one of our players doing something to make the opposition have to play a particular way.

Yeah, but even Redknapp just told them to facking run around a bit...

Coming to the end of a 5-6 year era, players used to a certain style of management and coaching, Eriksen leaving with a bad taste and trying to incorporate at least 3 players into the first team. Its pretty clear, the team is massively under performing and making mistakes going from 1 long term manager to another. Same thing happened Woolwich and United. All is clearly not ok, but we have to take this season as a transition season.

As always the OP is taking yet another opportunity to stick his boot not only in the owner but now the manager, fucking sickening IMHO.

I would have LOVED to see the reaction had we built a 60k capacity 1970's style, old 4th Division shithole!!
Wooden stands, 2 urinals (one cracked, and one overflowing), box sized changing rooms with slatted benches that trap the players nuts in the gap..

ONE stall selling bovril and cold steak and kidney pies (you want a Tofu and Quinoia wrap, FUCK OFF!!)

Thick metal turnstiles that kept sticking when some fat cunt was just ahead of you

:angryscouser:

Coming to the end of a 5-6 year era, players used to a certain style of management and coaching, Eriksen leaving with a bad taste and trying to incorporate at least 3 players into the first team. Its pretty clear, the team is massively under performing and making mistakes going from 1 long term manager to another. Same thing happened Woolwich and United. All is clearly not ok, but we have to take this season as a transition season.

As always the OP is taking yet another opportunity to stick his boot not only in the owner but now the manager, fucking sickening IMHO.

I'm not sure now it's a transition for one season. Like you mentioned, how long have Utd been transitioning since Fergie, same with Arse towards the end of Wenger and since he left. After the Poch era I think it's going to take a while for the team to create a new identity. Its going to need a manager with a long term vision and patience from everyone. It will be a transition for 2 to 3 seasons, if we are lucky

I'm not sure now it's a transition for one season. Like you mentioned, how long have Utd been transitioning since Fergie, same with Arse towards the end of Wenger and since he left. After the Poch era I think it's going to take a while for the team to create a new identity. Its going to need a manager with a long term vision and patience from everyone. It will be a transition for 2 to 3 seasons, if we are lucky

I think it could be 1 or 3 depends on signings and if Jose still has it, but what we need in patience as you say. If not we will simply bounce from manager to manager.

It’s how people behave when they’re short of confidence.

I wouldn’t blame them. They human beings.

Thick metal turnstiles that kept sticking when some fat cunt was just ahead of you

:angryscouser:
I knew a fella that got stuck in the ones at Luton Town. Poor old Keith was so stuck they had to get the fire brigade to take the roof off and winch him up in a harness. True story. Dead now, poor buggar but he was the butt of many jokes in St. Albans at that time

Right here we go.

Sell Aurier, Ald, Van and Davies (And obviously Rose)
Buy a new defence plus keep Dier, Tan for backup

Sell Pamela,

Raffle Ndombele as the joke prize at a local fete - in France?

Don't understand if we needed Berguin but like him so are we selling Lucas?

New CF and most of all a DM that works well.

Back
Top Bottom