WTF is going wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As the title suggests

• Under-invested mess of a squad

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Over-the-hill mess of a manager

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • I prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend everythings sweet

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • We have the right board and the right manager, but teams lose games sometimes

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Liver metatastis frequency

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Compared to last year we lost 3 important players. Ericksen, Son and Kane + (LLorente). Not the same squad our offensive options are limited but I still believe in a top 4 finish. it's not like Man Utd and Chelsea don't waste opportunities themselves

It's a bad season, every club has one, (except for Woolwich who have one every season).

Last season was such a high but ended on such a low and I dont think the players have recovered.

The players look uninterested and can't seem to get motivated.

Squad, it has some strong points just we have some very weak areas that expose us. We probably needed a rebuild/evolution about 2-3 seasons ago but I think the stadium hamstrung us (or whatever reason for little spending) Poch got what he could out of what was left until he and the squad burnt out and now Mourinho has a tough job on his hands.

I am not a huge Mourinho fan but it’s not easy for him or anyone TBF.

Wage bill and squad investment wise we are pretty much where we should be. I'd call all this reverting to the norm, after a few years punching above our weight with Poch getting the best out of a group of good but not World Class players, and Kane exploding at the same time. Just a big shame we didn't win the league when we had the chance, or ride the wave a bit longer with a couple of marquee signings long before summer 2019.

One other thing - a new stadium that we are really struggling to make our own and is very welcoming to the opposition.

Agree with this - our form at the new stadium is horrible, we have already lost so many games there and that's also a real problem given we have also been poor away from home over the last year.

I know it's obvious but to be a top team you need to be winning almost every home game and be able to defend, something we are clearly way short of at the moment

:mourfacepalm:

A = Levy's fault for not spending
B = Levy's fault for hiring JM
C = Levy's fault for A and B
D = Brainwashed Levy loving happy clapper.

Agree with this - our form at the new stadium is horrible, we have already lost so many games there and that's also a real problem given we have also been poor away from home over the last year.

I know it's obvious but to be a top team you need to be winning almost every home game and be able to defend, something we are clearly way short of at the moment
Part of the problem is that every team that comes to the new stadium wants to stuff us at our nice new stadium.

For me it comes down to last seasoni n the CL. We'd somehow got to the final, Poch came out with some silly statements and then played Kane. Do neither of these and we'd have won. This and some better investment and bingo bango we'd be rocking

Christ not this again

The last regime and its shite training boot camp

The last regime and its shite summer signings
(the good was one a loan punt)

The last regime and its failure and failure and failure and failure. Got to have a long term effect on the squad.

The last regime over relying on one striker who is now damaged for all time

The last regime selling our best RB

The last regime selling all our back up strikers and not replacing them

The last regime failing to utilise or sign a DM

The last regime destroying Eriksen and Dele as players

Rose being a cunt

The new regime not signing a striker even short term

The new manager not getting the players to believe again

Too many crap players who think they are good

A chairman who took in Amazon when he should have been looking at our squad inbalance and telling the last regime their summer window desires were absurd

A fan base who lauded shit for too long and let the chairman get comfortable thinking he had provided them with the best AMs in world football.

Wage bill and squad investment wise we are pretty much where we should be. I'd call all this reverting to the norm, after a few years punching above our weight with Poch getting the best out of a group of good but not World Class players, and Kane exploding at the same time. Just a big shame we didn't win the league when we had the chance, or ride the wave a bit longer with a couple of marquee signings long before summer 2019.

I think we all got used to Poch and the team around 16/17 and thought that was normal rather than a unbelievable performance so when we came back down some just thought that the manager was now crap and his replacement in Mourinho crap as well rather than accept the reality of the squad we have.

One other thing - a new stadium that we are really struggling to make our own and is very welcoming to the opposition.
Well today was very quiet at times, attracting wrong crowd definitely. Majority are over 40s and 50s (including me). That's the main problem for being so quiet.
The old WHL, 30,000 home fans compact rampart stadium, not any more.

Option five - you’re a fucking hyper-cunt.
You voted option 4 didn't you

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom