WTF is going wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As the title suggests

• Under-invested mess of a squad

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Over-the-hill mess of a manager

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • I prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend everythings sweet

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • We have the right board and the right manager, but teams lose games sometimes

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Liver metatastis frequency

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
It's been a long time since I felt that the FA cup is oh so important for our season, but kind of feel it is a must this year.

I think we are at a cross roads and the FA cup will rescue this season and act as a spring board for the future.

You voted option 4 didn't you

giphy.gif
Yep. Option four could have been “I want to get kicked in the balls until something prolapses” and I’ve still voted for that. You are glorying in today’s defeat and trying to score cheap points. You’re a cunt.

I think we all got used to Poch and the team around 16/17 and thought that was normal rather than a unbelievable performance so when we came back down some just thought that the manager was now crap and his replacement in Mourinho crap as well rather than accept the reality of the squad we have.
That's it ultimately in my opinion. We had the opportunity to win stuff while the team was in unreal form, and failed. Since then, most of the most players have declined or left. The current owners won't buy their way to the top like Man City, for better or worse, so we've just got to keep supporting the team and hope we get another shot.

I have friends that support League One plodders, and they're a lot happier football wise than the average Spurs fan. It's the hope that kills you.

It's been a long time since I felt that the FA cup is oh so important for our season, but kind of feel it is a must this year.

I think we are at a cross roads and the FA cup will rescue this season and act as a spring board for the future.
It's the hope that kills you!

At least one of Dippers and Chelsea will be out next round, but all the big guns are still in the cup.

Well today was very quiet at times, attracting wrong crowd definitely. Majority are over 40s and 50s (including me). That's the main problem for being so quiet.
The old WHL, 30,000 home fans compact rampart stadium, not any more.
I had a season ticket in the 90s when the ground went all seater with the Shelf, Park Lane and Paxton all being redeveloped to resemble the stadium that stood in 2017. The atmosphere was dire for years, my theory is that the renevations displaced a lot of fans into new areas. So I am hoping that with time like the old ground the new ground will pick up with atmosphere. Also a stadium is about memories and belief, we need to start creating them with some big wins and big nights.

This club needs Kane and/or Son to perform, at least one of them must start.

Spurs last 5 matches form before Son got injured = 4 wins 1 draw, Son scored 6 in those 5 matches, Spurs lost all 3 matches since Son's injury.

Not having any backup striker, and no Plan B in case Kane and Son are both missing is basically the most crucial reason this season got crashed, in other words, under investment or negligence of recruitment is doing serious damage to this club.

Things might get worse if Spurs fail to get any European football next season, as club won't be able to attract any elite players when serious rebuild of squad is needed.

Weighs more than them too

More to the point, Poch was harping on about 'a painful rebuild', maybe a DOF would have changed the targets from one £60M odd player to 4x £15M players, and insisted Levy accepted lower bids for Rose, Eriksen, Wanyama etc to clear space.

This type of shit, as we're left ridiculously unbalanced, with gaping holes, yet £100m+ bench each week.

We had a go today and certain individuals lost concentration at key moments. It was just one of those games. We weren't that shit. They weren't that good. But we are, in our current form, along with a lot of others like everton and manure, a mid-table team. Not spammer-level crap, but not top four quality. And the team know it.

What's going wrong? The ingredients are still being assembled and the manager can't brew the potion yet. It's just one of those transition periods. Nothing to get hysterical about. We're going through it, as are utd, the gooners... and we're in a season when there's way more of a level playing field. The mediocre teams aren't so mediocre anymore. Or more likely we're all just that bit more mediocre.

Take a step back and it's at least made the competion no less interesting and tense. We were decent for so long that it's induced complacency and entitlement. There are a few of us fighting for that fourth position. We're properly in the thick of the battle this season. Maybe we just need to try enjoying the thrill of that challenge a bit more, difficult as that may seem.

Squad, it has some strong points just we have some very weak areas that expose us. We probably needed a rebuild/evolution about 2-3 seasons ago but I think the stadium hamstrung us (or whatever reason for little spending) Poch got what he could out of what was left until he and the squad burnt out and now Mourinho has a tough job on his hands.

I am not a huge Mourinho fan but it’s not easy for him or anyone TBF.
More or less this we rested on our laurels and believed our own hype everybody and their dog told us we were great the next big thing we had a young squad and promising young manager and it was just a matter of time before we hit the big time....but it didn’t happen. We didn’t up grade our squad fuck me we didn’t even strengthen it we were applauded for it and again believed it to be the correct decision, well Levy and Pochettino thought it was and preached the gospel this was the way forward sadly that decision was the beginning of the end and was just a matter of time before it was going to come back and bite us on the arse! Which team before us who has had a winning mentality not kept up momentum and strengthened their squad? Dippers do/done it Chavs & United under Ferguson always did it and they were all better than us! We’ve now landed with older stale squad that even they might believe it’s not going to happen in terms of challenging for major trophies so what hope have you got? Mourinho who’s record speaks for itself is manager for a short term quick fix I think the majority of fans accept that whether it’s the right move for us time will tell Levy really didn’t have many options when he decided to axe Pochettino if it goes pear shaped it certainly falls back on him. All of the above plus the Eriksen situation and losing Dembele various things have all added up to our current situation and every one could have been rectified and sorted at the time the problem occurred but perhaps there was other more important matters to attend over the last 3,4,5 seasons?????

I think we all got used to Poch and the team around 16/17 and thought that was normal rather than a unbelievable performance so when we came back down some just thought that the manager was now crap and his replacement in Mourinho crap as well rather than accept the reality of the squad we have.
I think that peak poch period will be appreciated much more in years to come when we still haven't reached those heights again. Based on what we spend, we are where we should be now in the league.

Back
Top Bottom