Which players need to go?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of the players need to go.

The issue is that we lost Dembele and then Eriksen. Dembele picked the ball up at the back; skipped past the opposition press and picked out Eriksen - who created the vast majority of our goals.

We lost our rock, and our playmaker.

We replaced them with Sissoko (good tackler, can't pass), Ndombelly (good passer, can't run), Lo Celso (good tackler, not good enough passer).

If our coaching staff can get Ndombele fit and, work on Lo Celso's passing we will improve. If they aren't good enough; we are in big trouble.

Kane, Alli and Son can only score if somebody makes the key pass. Right now; we don't have that player.

Some that drop from the first team are still good squad options. Those I’ve bolded
First Team:
LLoris
Davies
Aurier
Toby
Dele
Winks

Those who should leave from the periphery:
Jan, Vorm, Lamela

So basically LLoris, Aurier, Dele and Jan to leave while Davies, Aurier, Toby and Winks become solid squad cover

That’s seven of Jose’s first team when fit.

Ndombele gets a full season of fitness, or bust

Sorry about Lamela but his fighting spirit just can’t carry him anymore

and Chiriches!
mX7lip.gif

There's too much required to build around Harry Kane. You would need a complete overhaul. Sell him and Dele. Build the team around Heung Min Son and Lo Celso. As long as those two are on the team and you add 2-3 quality players partially paid for with proceeds from selling Kane and Dele, the team will be competing again. Spurs have good pieces and wouldn't need to completely rebuild the team.

All of them, for team bonding and to have a look at themselves.
I'm sure they are all, nice, hardworking boys.
Not even joking.

All of them, for team bonding and to have a look at themselves.
I'm sure they are all, nice, hardworking boys.
Not even joking.
Sorry, meant to attach a previous wotsit to that.
Apologies.
Yes, OK, the Rum has been flowing.
I will have a look back and see if I can find what I wanted to reply to.
I'm a silly Arse.

...we are truly fucked - we brought in too many busts while failing to clear out the dead wood (errr, humble servants)...we need 2 DMs, CB, LB, RB, and possibly a GK...these can either go or ride the pine:

Winks
Verts
Aurier
Sess
Ndom-belly
Lloris

COYS

Think of who should 100% start, for me, that's Son, Kane & Lo Celso, everyone else is fighting for their future at the club
This is more or less where I'm at. Several of our players could start or be solid bench options, but only in the right system. We need a dof who can identify talent at different prices and get deals done, and a manager with a vision of how he wants to play and what we need from each position.

When Klopp came to Liverpool, he was able to see pretty quickly who he wanted to keep and who needed to feck off. And he and their scouting department found replacements at most spots without breaking the bank.

I don't mean to make this a Jose & Levy thread, but he has no idea how to build a team. We need someone like Nagelsmann to give the team an identity, and get more out of the players who fit his scheme, while his dof gets rid of the ones ones who dont. Players like Winks, Sanchez, and Aurier aren't great, but they could look much better in a scheme that fit them.

We need a DOF, decent scouting department (not a few blokes going on jollies), and the best of the best fitness/medical staff.

They can decide who fits in and who doesn't.
Spot on....a serious look at our sports sciences.
Our injuries are not normal, not a juju, not spursy etc

Something is very wrong here

Update:
5 mins ago I knew what I meant, but for the life of me 5 mins later, I'm really struggling.
I think the other half, sorry, devious bastard, is spiking my Chicken Cuppa Soup.
Before you all ask, yes, it's been a great night.
Myself, the wife, the kids and my granddaughter have really enjoyed the the 1st day of Chelts.
Everyone is gutted they have to go to Work or, even worse, school tomorrow.
Sometimes, only sometimes, being an old Duffer has its perks.
Really need to go to bed so I can study form in the morn, don't worry, I'm not starting another poetic shambles.
Do your stuff 57.
Night Night.

I don't think it's a question of "who needs to go" but who we need to buy. Players that need to go don't even need to be named.

Last edited:
There's too much required to build around Harry Kane. You would need a complete overhaul. Sell him and Dele. Build the team around Heung Min Son and Lo Celso.

Build the team around Lo Celso? The 19 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 shots on target Lo Celso? Or are you referring to a different one?

Kane is the best player we could ever dream of having. We cannot attract that level of player - the links to Dybala were all fluff, he was talking to United; not us.

Unless we are prepared to pay way over the salary odds; we cannot attract top players.

Lloris- past it - too many errors.

Lamela- can’t play 40 minutes

Doubtless
Jose will keep both :mourbringit:

Back
Top Bottom