Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Managers are paid to improve cohesion and make sure that the total output is better than the sum of the parts.
Exactly. Do you think Chris Wilder goes into the Sheffield United dressing room before their matches to tell them, that they're all League 1/Championship players and the opposition subs could get into this team etc... ect...? yeah I don't either. Jose out!

Not earlier this season it wasn’t

Like watching rugby league when HullKR are playing
Desperate stuff!!
Ok, it was watchable until we got 30 yards from the opposition goal, then started going backwards until we eventually misplaced a pass and either gave away possession or had to go back to Hugo who started a game of "Lloris Roulette".

Still it beats two flat lines of four or a five and a three followed by a hopeful hoof into orbit looking for the opposition to make a mistake.

The guy could care less about Spurs...he's just sitting on his arse in Bermuda watching the cheques flow in...

this is exactly it. For all the 'bad' Levy has done (a matter of opinion) on paper the club is performing exceptionally well. Lewis doesn't put his hand in his pocket for transfers, just towards cheaper loans to benefit his profit. I imagine he is very happy with the job Levy is doing and Levy is happy with his investment, wages and dividend.

Levy isn't going anywhere.

Exactly. Do you think Chris Wilder goes into the Sheffield United dressing room before their matches to tell them, that they're all League 1/Championship players and the opposition subs could get into this team etc... ect...? yeah I don't either. Jose out!

Difference in expectations of the players. Those players know they're Championship level players, they've got that chip on their shoulders. You can motivate them, us against the World mentality.

Our players were in the CL Final 10 months ago. If Jose tried to motivate them Chris Wilder style, the players would just laugh.

Ok, it was watchable until we got 30 yards from the opposition goal, then started going backwards until we eventually misplaced a pass and either gave away possession or had to go back to Hugo who started a game of "Lloris Roulette".

Still it beats two flat lines of four or a five and a three followed by a hopeful hoof into orbit looking for the opposition to make a mistake.

Not by much though
Both shite but I still have hope
That’s what Spurs do to you

Difference in expectations of the players. Those players know they're Championship level players, they've got that chip on their shoulders. You can motivate them, us against the World mentality.

Our players were in the CL Final 10 months ago. If Jose tried to motivate them Chris Wilder style, the players would just laugh.
So why doesn't the us vs the world motivation tactics work at Norwich? After all, they have a Championship squad just like Sheffield United does.

How do you think players react to Jose saying that the other team's bench would be in this team? Do you think that works mate?

Remember though, Jose fanboys claim that was the worst Man Ure team in living history.

Not the ones that got relegated, but this one that had won the FA cup and had £400million spent on it!
Haha yeah they actually think Utd sacked Van Gaal after coming 5th and winning the FA Cup, gave Jose 400 million to spend, all so they could come 6th and win the League Cup and Europa league. Oh wait I forgot he came 2nd 20 points behind City as well. What an achievement

It's been 5 years since Mourinho was a success

Liverpool were in 2nd gear tbf.

They were amid peak media gush.

Credit where it's due.... We did a decent rope-a-dope job on them; just couldn't bag the goal(s) to get the job done.

Edit: Meanwhile, our fans & the media both predicted a slaughter both home and away.

Last edited:

....does Jose do that "BEFORE" the game? .....Nah, I don't see that either.

Chris Wilder does cunt his players off in his post-match when he sees fit tho'.

No rhetoric needed.

This is pretty shocking, and I can't imagine why he would say this.

He went from praising his players that they are leaving it all on the pitch and sacrificing so much to play, and then says this??

Craziness.
It’s even more crazy when you realize he said something almost identical about fucking Sevilla when they dumped his shit stain of a United team out in his last CL game.
The guy has completely lost the plot. I’ve stopped watching and listening to his interviews over the last few weeks because I honestly just cannot listen to any more of the utter tripe coming out of his mouth.
If Levy has any bit of cop on at all he will bite the bullet and get rid of him as soon as the seasons over so we don’t have to be subject to this garbage come next season. Because anyone who thinks this is going to be sorted by a pre season and a couple of signings is in for a very rude awakening I fear.

So why doesn't the us vs the world motivation tactics work at Norwich? After all, they have a Championship squad just like Sheffield United does.

How do you think players react to Jose saying that the other team's bench would be in this team? Do you think that works mate?

Maybe because Farke isn't as good a motivator as Wilder?

I think Jose's comment is being mis-construed. He was speaking more about numbers, than quality of their bench players. He was making the point that he would take their entire bench, because our bench had hardly 1-2 fit senior players on it. I don't think at all he was saying their bench is better than our entire squad.

If that’s how you summarize his time at United, then good for you.

Where did I ever say that it summarised his time at United??
Stop putting words in my mouth
I was responding to a previous post and I was just stating facts ffs
Did he or did he not win two trophies at United??

Enough said so that doesn’t make it a summary of his time there
Go and pick an argument somewhere else
Plenty on here who will oblige you

Where did I ever say that it summarised his time at United??
Stop putting words in my mouth
I was responding to a previous post and I was just stating facts ffs
Did he or did he not win two trophies at United??

Enough said so that doesn’t make it a summary of his time there
Go and pick an argument somewhere else
Plenty on here who will oblige you
Woah, easy there fella. I’m putting no words in your mouth. I also am not looking for an argument. Matter of interest though, how would you summarize his time at United?

Mine would be that, yes Mourinho did win trophies at United. He won a Carabao Cup by beating Southampton and he won a Europa league by beating a woeful Ajax side in the (a very different Ajax side to the one last season)

He then proceeded to spunk away hundreds of millions of more dosh and go on to finish 20 points behind City in 17/18, and then leave the club in an absolute flaming mess the following season.

Back
Top Bottom