Anyone else going to be boycotting matches, after recent events?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you be boycotting matches, to show your displeasure at the treatment of non-playing staff?

• Total voters
It's all being very well overblown. Companies worth many times over more than Spurs have taken the exact same measures. You going to switch off the lights to punish Eon? Scrap your Nissan? Boycott British Airways? Forego that McD's? Skip the cuppa at Costa? Give up shopping at Primark?

It's a ridiculous double standard, expecting football clubs, a business that has some of the thinnest financial margins in the entire world, to sit by and eat losses that amount to double digit percentages of turnover whilst every other business in the world takes advantage of government programs designed to protect business from default.

Levy is merely protecting the solvency of the club. If this lasts another month, you see big bollocks Liverpool come back hat in hand as well. No company, much less a football club, can go months on end paying their payroll whilst paying overhead with zero revenue stream.
If Spurs don't reverse their decision to furlough support staff I will boycot them permanently I'm afraid. And then Mourinho flouting the govt advice too?? Nothing less than ignorant. While on my soap box, if Kane were to leave for the red Mancs would give me more reason to boycot them.
FFS, Formula 1 furloughed staff.... and I'm sure THEY'VE got a few Bob between them!

We're an easy target, 'cos Levy is Jewish... don't fall for it... the press just LOVE to kick a Jew when the opportunity arises!

Levy is no Saint, but there are far worse than him out there!

Besides, I'll support THE CLUB, because that's my team... the team I love...
I don't get a say in who runs the club, I just have to go along with it... and support MY CLUB.

You do what you want mate.

The only way I'm going to stop supporting Spurs is if the Club are no longer in existence or I get dementia and forget that I support the Club. I'll stop going when I can't afford it.
That's the spirit :levylol:💰 .
You have missed out 1 other option very far in the future. You're unable to go as you need a zimmer frame.

I've cancelled my membership. I can only afford a few games a year so nobody will care but it feels the right thing to do.

If we're no different to easyjet or Virgin then what are we supporting. I think this has shown this club isn't a family, it isn't in touch with its support and only gives a shit about money.

Those low paid staff were never going to send the club bankrupt and his already got his excuses on for not investing in the team - the bit we're all here for.
Very wise. Spend it on yourself instead of contributing to levys million's or the owners billions.

It's not quite the right analogy...but to stop going because of something Levy did, would be almost like leaving my wife because of something her dad did. Levy is connected to Spurs but he is not the totality of Spurs. We don't support Daniel Levy FC.

For me, Spurs is first of all the fans, then the area, then in no particular order the colours, the traditions, the history, the style, the shirt, the ground, the pubs etc. Billy Nick and Arthur Rowe and to a lesser extent some other former players/managers will be in there somewhere in the mix, but Levy is at best 0.000001% of what I consider to be THFC.

All IMO of course and others may see it differently.
Others do see it differently. Some would be devastated if enic sold up or levy went.

Tottenham are my club. They are me and I am them. Never gonna change. But I might go down to only two Amstels at home matches just to show them I’m not impressed with certain aspects of the ENIC tenure. That’ll learn ‘em.

Gotta love the need for our greedy players to take pay cuts mere weeks after the same posters are screaming for us to give them new deals, or to sign expensive players on huge wages.

Although, if we want ENIC out, I’m happy to look at alternatives. Spent ages searching LinkedIn for “philanthropic billionaire who isn’t a money grabbing cunt”. I’ve come up dry so far, but I’m still trying. I’ll report back later with a list.

Im really pissed off with Levy and the furlough shit but not surprised, its very wrong but i love watching my Spurs and cant wait to get back to it
I was going to agree with you but not when saw "cant wait to get back to it". We've been playing so badly, still not over the home Wolves loss when leading twice in the game or the FA cup loss. But I see your point now, we haven't lost for over month.

FFS, Formula 1 furloughed staff.... and I'm sure THEY'VE got a few Bob between them!

We're an easy target, 'cos Levy is Jewish... don't fall for it... the press just LOVE to kick a Jew when the opportunity arises!

Levy is no Saint, but there are far worse than him out there!

Besides, I'll support THE CLUB, because that's my team... the team I love...
I don't get a say in who runs the club, I just have to go along with it... and support MY CLUB.

You do what you want mate.
The Glazers (Man Utd) are Jewish. Abramovitch (Chelsea) is Jewish. Gold ( West Ham) is Jewish. And I'm sure there are other high profile Jewish owners and CEO's besides.

Despite being one of the wealthiest, most profitable clubs in the world , we were the first , and one of only three, (since Liverpool rescinded) to use the British taxpayer to cover the meat of the staff wages. And still chose to pocket the missing 20%!

This is rubbed in by the fact our multi billionaire owner lives in luxury and avoids paying his own fair share as a tax exile in the Bahamas.

Bringing race into your argument is barrel scraping dangerous bulshit, if you dont me saying.
Why are folk so desperate to defend the indefensible?

The Glazers (Man Utd) are Jewish. Abramovitch (Chelsea) is Jewish. Gold ( West Ham) is Jewish. And I'm sure there are other high profile owners and CEO's besides.

Despite being one of the wealthiest, most profitable clubs in the world , we were the first , and one of only three, (since Liverpool rescinded) to use the British taxpayer to cover the meat of the staff wages. And still chose to pocket the missing 20%!

This is rubbed in by the fact our multi billionaire owner lives in luxury and avoids paying his own fair share as a tax exile in the Bahamas.

Bringing race into your argument is barrel scraping dangerous bulshit, if you dont me saying.

I think it sucks, but you of all people rallying against corporate greed given your stance on spending, players and takeovers (openly welcoming bloodmoney-funded and bought psuedo-success) is a joke.

Anyway, bet you're loving it really..... Good ammo innit.

The Glazers (Man Utd) are Jewish. Abramovitch (Chelsea) is Jewish. Gold ( West Ham) is Jewish. And I'm sure there are other high profile Jewish owners and CEO's besides.

You know what, you're absolutely RIGHT, The Glazers, Abramovitch, David Gold ARE Jewish...
My point was that whenever Levy (and by virtue of that, Spurs) are involved in ANY transfers, Wage negotiations, Loan deals, it's ALWAYS reported with the sly, underhand sub-plot of us being tight, miserly, money grabbing... you know, all the things Jews have been accused of down history!

So why then, whenever Man Utd, or West Ham, or even Chelsea try to do a deal, and maybe try and negotiate, it's never reported with the same joyous overzealusness that we are?
Maybe it's not a Jewish thing... maybe it's 'just' a Spurs thing...
But there is, and always has been an unspoken 'assumption' in the media that Spurs (and WHOEVER'S running us) is tight fisted... this goes back to Scholar, Sugar, and now Levy...

Maybe we just attract the wrong sort!

Several other clubs are furloghing staff... yet Spurs are the ones you hear about... and of course now Liverpool, 'cos they've reversed their decision... probably cos they didnt need another fucking Fans' Campaign of injustice!

I will always support spurs but i will never go to any more matches. I also cancelled my Sky and BT subscribtions. Until they change the wage structure and demands, also the so called pundits,
i will only listen to the radio.

If you don't go to matches then you're not a supporter. You might be a fan, more of a follower but that's it. Supporters support their team. For those of us who followed the team (not club, owners, etc) through thick and thin, relegation (missed just one home game that year), many lean periods, then we'll still be there whoever the owners are. Bye.

If you don't go to matches then you're not a supporter. You might be a fan, more of a follower but that's it. Supporters support their team. For those of us who followed the team (not club, owners, etc) through thick and thin, relegation (missed just one home game that year), many lean periods, then we'll still be there whoever the owners are. Bye.
I get your point but take someone like me.

I used to go to every home game through the 80s and early 90s, then I moved country.

Does that make me less of a supporter?

You know what, you're absolutely RIGHT, The Glazers, Abramovitch, David Gold ARE Jewish...
My point was that whenever Levy (and by virtue of that, Spurs) are involved in ANY transfers, Wage negotiations, Loan deals, it's ALWAYS reported with the sly, underhand sub-plot of us being tight, miserly, money grabbing... you know, all the things Jews have been accused of down history!

So why then, whenever Man Utd, or West Ham, or even Chelsea try to do a deal, and maybe try and negotiate, it's never reported with the same joyous overzealusness that we are?
Maybe it's not a Jewish thing... maybe it's 'just' a Spurs thing...
But there is, and always has been an unspoken 'assumption' in the media that Spurs (and WHOEVER'S running us) is tight fisted... this goes back to Scholar, Sugar, and now Levy...

Maybe we just attract the wrong sort!

Several other clubs are furloghing staff... yet Spurs are the ones you hear about... and of course now Liverpool, 'cos they've reversed their decision... probably cos they didnt need another fucking Fans' Campaign of injustice!
I think you hit the nail on the head with the "attract wrong sort of owners" we seem to get taken over by owners who are not really competitive or ambitious, but instead see the club as a money machine that can increase their coffers with minimal outlay.
Yes the stadium and training ground are great but these are great assets if at a later date your wishing to cash in, the fan's in the main are only interested what happens on the pitch as the rest is a subsidiary.
20 years of current owners and we are still some way off success as the day they walked in, because they are not interested in success as real fan's are, instead cashing in on the loyalty and pockets of each and everyone of us.

Back
Top Bottom