The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really can't understand why premier league think they are so important and want to restart the season.

Yes they are multi billion pound industry but so is tourism in UK, so is the UK pub industry, so is the aviation industry, so is the UK high street, so is the hoteliers ... etc and etc.

Please someone tell the premier league, UK PLC won't go bust if there is no top flight football.

I think the safest way to play football is wearing spacesuit or similar.
I don't know how serious is this, wearing masks and walking around is fine but I think when exercising it would starve your lungs from oxygen, no?

Waiting for the Premier League to tell Sky to simulate it on FIFA and they will verify the results if they broadcast it and pay the cash.

This is getting absurd. And everyone seems to forget all the contracts that expire June 30th. It's a shit show and it is going to get cancelled. Whether the results are voided, the table stands, or some other resolution remains to be seen, but the idea that there will be football this summer is completely bonkers.

Our league is properly fucked.

It’s very easy to make Liverpool champions but the relegation situation is highly unfair on Villa.

Suppose the PL could award them a point as they have averaged less than a point a game. They would still be relegated then anyway. Guess that will be the final situation and they can go to if court if they like.

Waiting for the Premier League to tell Sky to simulate it on FIFA and they will verify the results if they broadcast it and pay the cash.

This is getting absurd. And everyone seems to forget all the contracts that expire June 30th. It's a shit show and it is going to get cancelled. Whether the results are voided, the table stands, or some other resolution remains to be seen, but the idea that there will be football this summer is completely bonkers.

It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if they played just enough games for Liverpool to secure the title, then end the season.

It’s crazy and massively irresponsible. Even behind closed doors it’s probably going to involve at least 60 people in a confined space. Maybe even north of 100. And for what? A game?

There is No. Fucking. Way. the league is restarting. It wouldn't be fair, safe or acceptable to the majority.

No winners without relegation. And the idea of doing one 'neutral ground' game instead of home/away is desperation driven by greed. I'm not underestimating the latter. The police simply won't put their own people at risk to support it.

The only reason they are still printing stories about it is A) because they want to stay relevant / football is a great past-time and we all want it back and B) the scum were so obviously going to win it, it would be absolutely absurd not to push it over the line.

HOWEVER.

This is an exceptional time and therefore I am going to laugh my fucking ass off when they are told it's not happening. I don't hate Liverpool, but fuck them. They're not Spurs.

Our league is properly fucked.

It’s very easy to make Liverpool champions but the relegation situation is highly unfair on Villa.

Suppose the PL could award them a point as they have averaged less than a point a game. They would still be relegated then anyway. Guess that will be the final situation and they can go to if court if they like.

I assume the new league season would have 22 teams? And 5 relegations.

With the top two from Championship going up etc. But then I guess its harsh on the guys in the play offs etc.

Seems we will know more in a week’s time but I really wouldn’t be surprised if they do go ahead with the proposed start date in June and players return to training. Whether it then goes ahead is anyone’s guess.

Seems we will know more in a week’s time but I really wouldn’t be surprised if they do go ahead with the proposed start date in June and players return to training. Whether it then goes ahead is anyone’s guess.

If it turns out it doesn't get the go ahead to start in June , and there is no idea as to if or when football can ever resume, will clubs bother renewing anyone's contract ?

Maybe all future contracts should be based on play for pay ?

Once May comes and goes, then reality will set in. I think most of these pl chiefs know the outcome, they are just making it look like they are determined for it to be played, and are trying everything. I think in the next 2 months the announcement will be made that the season will cease to exist.
A new season will start end of September with reduced attendance.

I really can't understand why premier league think they are so important and want to restart the season.

Yes they are multi billion pound industry but so is tourism in UK, so is the UK pub industry, so is the aviation industry, so is the UK high street, so is the hoteliers ... etc and etc.

Please someone tell the premier league, UK PLC won't go bust if there is no top flight football.
in every other walk if life leisure, business, charity they’ve all just said right stop it’s not worth it, it’s gonna be hard but we will get through it and get on with it people are losing jobs, their lives the only one that’s banging on about carrying on is the EPL one of the least important parts of life and the bullshit about it will have a “feel good“ factor society needs it! Does it f@#k it’s all about them no one else what about the many many hundreds of people who have no interest in football but like rugby, cricket, athletics are they not allowed to enjoy there sports.

Back
Top Bottom