The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Waiting for the Premier League to tell Sky to simulate it on FIFA and they will verify the results if they broadcast it and pay the cash.

This is getting absurd. And everyone seems to forget all the contracts that expire June 30th. It's a shit show and it is going to get cancelled. Whether the results are voided, the table stands, or some other resolution remains to be seen, but the idea that there will be football this summer is completely bonkers.
Agreed, if any sports are going to get going it will be at amateur level and probably only one on one outdoor sports with no physical contact like tennis and golf with club houses firmly shut.

I assume the new league season would have 22 teams? And 5 relegations.

With the top two from Championship going up etc. But then I guess its harsh on the guys in the play offs etc.

The other problem is that we could easily have a second wave and lockdown etc this winter. The Nightingale hospitals all been set up with this in mind.

Which means next season could potentially be more of the same anyway.

The country will have to start making steps to get back to normality. Football returning in a controlled way like this is a good thing, I reckon.

Hardly any healthy people have died from it. The exception being healthcare workers exposed to high levels. Footballers will be fine.

Don’t underestimate how much more affordable Spurs now might be to buy.
Possibly but look how ENIC operate, when we are selling the price is the highest it can be, but when we are buying it's an offer of five shillings along with a calendar for Chinese New year thrown in.

Last edited:
I hadn't realised Micky Hazard had been hospitalised due to CV, he looks OK in is interview, but it has definitely left its mark. Thank goodness he recovered, love Micky, he's so one of us.

Micky was a brilliant player if it hadnt been for Glenda Micky would have played so many more games, a legend despite being from Sunderland hes Tottenham through and through even lived on the manor , didnt know he was ill, get well soon Yiddo

Lol.... We aren't being sold right with this shit storm going on. ENIC certainly aren't who you think they are if you genuinely believe that
I know, that's why I said it. They aren't going to make the club more affordable to buyers, rather than sell it on the cheap they will just hold on to it.

I know, that's why I said it. They aren't going to make the club more affordable to buyers, rather than sell it on the cheap they will just hold on to it.

Aye fair enough.... Basic business principles know that this is not a seller's market and no competent investment company would think otherwise.

Aye fair enough.... Basic business principles know that this is not a seller's market and no competent investment company would think otherwise.

Of course. But it will probably take a decade or so for them to get back up to the gargantuan profits they were hoping for.

Of course. But it will probably take a decade or so for them to get back up to the gargantuan profits they were hoping for.

Bit early to be forecasting timeframes but yeh it stands to reason their plans have taken a knock.

Disgusting to see but unsurprising, Chelsea fans have been breaking social distancing rules...

Members-swastika-cross-rally-Ku-Klux-Klan-April-23-2016.jpg

Are people clamouring for a return, outside the red half of Merseyside? I mean you, the friends you speak to and so on, not the media? They aren't here, from my obviously small sample.It's almost like there are vastly more important things to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom