If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
If they're talking doing it at neutral grounds just to keep fans away, then I have a much better solution.

Play the games, at home, as they should be, behind closed doors.
Here's the trick, don't tell anyone when they're playing. Record it. Don't report on it. No leaks. Play it back at the scheduled time as if it's totally live.

If they're talking doing it at neutral grounds just to keep fans away, then I have a much better solution.

Here's the trick, don't tell anyone when they're playing. Record it. Don't report on it. No leaks. Play it back at the scheduled time as if it's totally live.
Will take 300 people to play a game behind closed doors, good luck with no leaks!

Will take 300 people to play a game behind closed doors, good luck with no leaks!
Why does it have to take 300 people?
We're going to have to accept what we get will be fucking shite. The home club can film it. If any film gets out the home club are in the shite.
The commentary could well be as the video is broadcast "live"
No fans means a barely staffed stadium. There's absolutely no need to have more than a bare skeleton staff around. Ambulance can be on standby but the medical staff do not need to be inside watching the game.

We're going to have to accept what we get will be fucking shite. The home club can film it. If any film gets out the home club are in the shite.
The commentary could well be as the video is broadcast "live"
No fans means a barely staffed stadium. There's absolutely no need to have more than a bare skeleton staff around. Ambulance can be on standby but the medical staff do not need to be inside watching the game.

They need to call this now.

The scrambling - in vain - to desperately cobble together something vaguely resembling league football to force through the season's completion has been excruciating to watch and thoroughly cringe.

The virus won.

Face reality.

One of the biggest lobbies trying to get the games back up and running is the gambling companies. They wouldn't like this at all! Bet in play is one of their biggest earners

Try telling a club that they cannot have their medical staff watching their 120m asset run around!

300 actually really seems low if you want a broadcast quality game with all the bells and whistles. I'm sure they could do it with less; but the footie would look like an FA cup 2nd round match between Plymouth and Staines Town.

Squad, coaches, security, medical, ground crew, TV crew, cleaners, technology support, officials........and don't forget the VIP fans (owners, sponsors, wealthy folk) who will of course be allowed in; off camera of course.

After that update from the PM, I can’t see this season being finished.

Or, for that matter, the next one starting on time.

Let’s wait and see what comes out of the guidance released by the government at 2pm today. I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes against common sense and they allow professional sport back with measures. They’re desperate for it to return.

Let’s wait and see what comes out of the guidance released by the government at 2pm today. I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes against common sense and they allow professional sport back with measures. They’re desperate for it to return.

True. The message seems to be getting watered down.

I just think it will be very politically difficult to allow a certain activity to take place, like football, whilst still keeping other businesses closed down (restaurants etc). Obviously appreciate that they are different case studies and risk profiles, but 22 men hurtling into each other is demonstrably more tactile than people eating spaghetti bolognaise at a safe distance.

From the government report - Phase 2 (June 1st at the earliest)

Permitting cultural and sporting events to take place behind closed-doors for broadcast, while avoiding the risk of large-scale social contact.

From the government report - Phase 2 (June 1st at the earliest)

Permitting cultural and sporting events to take place behind closed-doors for broadcast, while avoiding the risk of large-scale social contact.

I guess that depends on what the call large scale social contact.. Me personally I’d say that 200-300 people in one place is large scale social contact.

12 June is the date I heard - what a crock of shit

All that will happen is teams down the bottom will claim one of their players has symptoms and the rest of the squad and staff will have to self isolate, meaning they won’t be able to fulfil their game schedule.
Thinking the season can be completed without these type of incidents is as ludicrous and delusional as it gets.
Who ever is pushing for the season to resume and be completed is a moron.

Back
Top Bottom