Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose is one of the reasons we have gone backwards over the last 3 seasons. Pleas do not tell me he was anymore than a 7 out of 10 at his very best. The last 3 seasons more like 5 out of 10. His defensive ability has always been poor due to him having a very poor footballing brain and his lack of reading the game let him and us down on many occasions.

He's right.
Unless a player is just starting out or have been foolish with their money, there is no reason for any prem footballer not to put their health first. The way the prem and UEFA have behaved has really put me off football, they are out of control.

His sentiment may well be right, but I'm puzzled as to why he's directing his ire towards the government? Isn't it more the PL and the clubs trying to force the issue? Guess he wants to mouth off but not bite the hand that feeds.

His sentiment may well be right, but I'm puzzled as to why he's directing his ire towards the government? Isn't it more the PL and the clubs trying to force the issue? Guess he wants to mouth off but not bite the hand that feeds.
The government have allowed the PL to force the issue , they have given them the green light to kick off again at June 1st.

The government have allowed the PL to force the issue , they have given them the green light to kick off again at June 1st.
Yeah.

Rose should be angry at the league. But he is right to be angry at the government as well for not putting theit foot down like they have in other countries.

I could agree with that, but his wording doesn't quite fit that. Though, he hasn't been shy about criticising his employers before so I don't see why he'd be hesitant to now.

Where is he? Sat surrounded by City shirts in frames.

Maybe at John Stones house. They are mates.
Even he can't be thick enough to make a video whingeing about it not being safe for him to go back to work, whilst sitting in his mates house! Maybe just shirts he swapped? One looks like Walker's, his mate, and de Bruyne, perhaps just professional admiration?

I mean, it'd actually be weird for a City player to have those on his wall...

Wonder where it went 'wrong' for him - my guess is after the 15/16 he rightfully pushed for a better deal having been part of the best defence in the league and predictably was denied by cunt-head. Then saw his mate leave for massive money and go on to actually win shit and probably said to himself fuck it

I actually believe prime Rose was better than prime Walker as he offered more defensively

Wonder where it went 'wrong' for him - my guess is after the 15/16 he rightfully pushed for a better deal having been part of the best defence in the league and predictably was denied by cunt-head. Then saw his mate leave for massive money and go on to actually win shit and probably said to himself fuck it

I actually believe prime Rose was better than prime Walker as he offered more defensively
Rose signed a new deal in September 2017 so the idea that it was because Levy held him up in contract talks is silly.

Rose has not shied away from the fact that he has suffered from some form of depression or the other and I think that his extended injury spell which kept him out of the team and the only thing he knows in life hit him hard and he became bitter and jaded as a result of it, this in conjunction with Rose being a bit of a whipping boy for the fanbase (calling him a world class defender is only a fairly recent thing, abuse from our own fanbase did drive him off social media for example) has probably had its toll on him.

Back
Top Bottom