Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even he can't be thick enough to make a video whingeing about it not being safe for him to go back to work, whilst sitting in his mates house! Maybe just shirts he swapped? One looks like Walker's, his mate, and de Bruyne, perhaps just professional admiration?

I mean, it'd actually be weird for a City player to have those on his wall...

I think shirts he's swapped is a good guess. What else can you do with them? Ronaldo and Messi probably just toss them in the trash once they get to the locker room but I assume allot of players would want to display the ones they get from world class players.

That Rose

Sorry Eli, not you the prick that mentioned Danny in his private pool and how much easier getting through this because of his wealth . A wealth apparently he gained from the paupers who gave their last pennies to watch him.

I did not say that he hasn't worked for or deserved his wealth. His wealth is relevant though, as it does in fact allow him a more comfortable shitty time than others, and as it allows him his privileged "I don't give a fuck" attitute. Him earning well is ok with me. Him living comfortably in a mansion is ok with me. What is not ok is that he says he doesn't give a fuck about the morale of the nation. His job, the job for which he has been paid/he is being paid handsomely, is to provide morale. In a time of crisis, his job IS important. Other people with important jobs - essential workers - do not have the luxury to not give a fuck. Some of them are more or less obliged through oaths to step up, not only to turn up and do their regular job, but to step it up, work more hours, in harsher conditions, in actual hazardous environments. Others have to step up and work hard in harsh conditions to earn a living.

Rose, and his colleagues, are NOT in danger. They are, as mentioned, young, healthy, and better cared for than pretty much anyone on the planet. They, and every one of the colleagues to which they will be exposed, will be carefully monitored for any sign of Covid-19. Bus drivers and retail workers does not have that luxury.

Unlike the bus drivers and retail workers, players like Rose have the luxury of not turning up due to their wealth and privileged position. His "I don't give a fuck" is almost on par with "let them eat cake".

Last edited:
If any players were going to kick a fuss up about playing again it was going to be Sterling and Rose. The pair of them think they really get it hard, walk around with chips on their shoulders, and think whole world is against them because they are black. Fine, if they don't want to play when the football starts again, stop their money, and I mean every penny

If any players were going to kick a fuss up about playing again it was going to be Sterling and Rose. The pair of them think they really get it hard, walk around with chips on their shoulders, and think whole world is against them because they are black. Fine, if they don't want to play when the football starts again, stop their money, and I mean every penny
tenor.png

I would wager a big reason for Rose’ downfall over the last few years is his total failure to hold himself accountable for his shoddy conditioning and fitness. Continuously blaming everyone and everything but himself.

It really is incredible how much his ego swelled during the 16/17 season. It was while he was at the peak of his powers but also ironically the beginning of the end.

I would wager a big reason for Rose’ downfall over the last few years is his total failure to hold himself accountable for his shoddy conditioning and fitness. Continuously blaming everyone and everything but himself.

It really is incredible how much his ego swelled during the 16/17 season. It was while he was at the peak of his powers but also ironically the beginning of the end.

That’s quite sad. How does a man work his way up to such a high level and then make the determination that no more effort is needed to stay at that level?

Imagine the effect if the stripes were horizontal! (In his defence he's a thick-set lad, never skinny, and has looked heavier the last two seasons with us. But would guarantee if he was stood next to 99% of us he'd look fit. Every time I've meet a current footballer in person I'm always shocked how skinny they are).
They’re lean, for sure - but I remember seeing Wanyama when he opened our (school’s) 4g pitch: he was immense. (And -for some reason, a Swindon fan-friend assures me - was Drogba). Probably depends on position.

Back
Top Bottom