How to achieve 68 points?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

English is my third language, I do apologize.
Don't ever apologise for that.

Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' every now and then. Pisses the americans right off, even google chrome gets offended.

huh, turns out that in fact chrome gets offended when you don't capitalise 'americans' or 'google'.

Or 'capitalise' as it turns out.

Don't ever apologise for that.

Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' every now and then. Pisses the americans right off, even google chrome gets offended.

huh, turns out that in fact chrome gets offended when you don't capitalise 'americans' or 'google'.

Or 'capitalise' as it turns out.

Will do. :)

Pissa

You know that talking about it wont make the table change?

or make predictions come true?

or in fact have any conceivable or possible effect on how the chips fall?

Breathe, relax, take each game as it comes and remember 'what would BAE do?' :bae:

I'm confused... Why are you on an internet based website designed for Spurs talk, when you aren't accepting others making predictions and their analysis? This Site is for those exact things. Nothing said on this site will change anything, (although we may hope), why are you on this site if you aren't to make predictions, or analysis, or hypotheticals, or even rumors? Because making predictions, or analysis, or hypotheticals, or discussing rumors will not change a single thing either.

I'm confused... Why are you on an internet based website designed for Spurs talk, when you aren't accepting others making predictions and their analysis? This Site is for those exact things. Nothing said on this site will change anything, (although we may hope), why are you on this site if you aren't to make predictions, or analysis, or hypotheticals, or even rumors? Because making predictions, or analysis, or hypotheticals, or discussing rumors will not change a single thing either.
These threads never begin or end well, history has a habit of repeating itself, as someone else pointed out try looking at the 'dont panic' thread from the same time last year.

I was pointing out that the overuse of redundant statistics, part way through a season, which has no validity, due to the nature of the game itself is not a basis for cognitive discussion. Something I stand by.

The propensity for over-analysis is derived form the over exposure of the game, and for it to propagate such nonsense which individuals end up believing is worthy of a conversation has a habit of leading to ridiculous statements and disagreements. It also plays too much emphasis on CL football, further compounding the news corp indoctrinated over-analysis.

I'm more of a 'lets see how it pans out' person, I found the 'mind the gap' thing painful last season, even before it all went tits mcgee on us.

The problem any set of fans have is that, as a collective is that we are tarred with the same brush. I'd much rather our fans retained humility, self-deprecation and cynicism to be tarred with rather than 'spilling my metaphorical load prematurely' or indeed 'pinning all of our future on CL football'.

I could only hope that other fans will have learnt from previous seasons, but I know that hope is in vain.

:adebaehug:

There is a difference between looking at what the stats are saying and believing that they will always decide the outcome for the future. They clearly don't. But I don't see why you have a problem that there is a thread discussing it. This isn't a "Don't panic"-thread at all. It's suppose to be informative and put the season in context in the PL-era. If you don't like it, simply stay away. You're position is clear mate!

You're more of a 'lets see how it pans out' kind of guy, and that's alright. You should also be flexible enough to accept that there are other approaches out there. And I hope you are!

As for the "Mind the Gap" bollocks goes from last season, we agree there. We celebrated prematurely.

AVB said:
Most of the teams will have to get their act together, us exactly the same. It shifts very quickly for any team in the Premier League who does not get results. I think normally it's within the 70 to 72 margin. Seventy is normally enough to get in those four spots.

The fact we have had these results recently has put people closer to us but we have been under pressure before and we built a gap which has been shortened now. We believe in our team and we haven't lost our confidence. We just have to make sure we get the minimum amount of points to be within that range of 70 points at the end of the season.

I wonder how the locals here will react to AVB's 70 point target-with total panic and frustration I guess? It's even two points more than the target from this thread and look at the reaction from some to that!

Here's the latest update, toughest games in bold letters. We are on course to 70 points right now. Would love to get 4 points from Everton and Chelsea in the next two fixtures :

Game to game monitor: 70 points are 1 point ahead of last year's finish.
Game to game monitor: 70 points are 2 points ahead of 68 points, which has been enough to end up in the top 4 for all of the last 17 seasons (20 team league).
Current points per game over a season: 69.87 points
Points per game 0.87 points ahead of last season's finish (69)
Points per game 2.52 points ahead of average 4th position (67.35)
Points per game 7.4 points ahead of average 5th position (62.47)
Points per game 1.87 points ahead historical top 4 guaranteed points total (68)

Points total
Points 70
Points per game 69.87

Historic top 4 points 68
Last season points 69
Average 4th position 67.35
Average 5th position 62.47

How is this season compared with the rest of the PL-seasons?

1st 58 points (69p) 2011-12
1st 58 points (70p) 2009-10
3rd 57 points (?p) 2012-13
4th 55 points (65p) 2005-06
5th 53 points (62p) 2010-11

And finally, how many points do the teams need to achieve 68 points this season?
3. Spurs G31 P57
Spurs need another 11 points from 7 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,84
P.p.g. needed remaining 7 games to get 68 points: 1,57
Home games remaining: 4: Everton, Man City, Southampton, Sunderland
Away games remaining: 3: Chelsea, Wigan, Stoke

4. Chavs G30 P55
Chavs need another 13 points from 8 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,83
P.p.g. needed remaining 8 games to get 68 points: 1,63
Home games remaining: 4: Sunderland, Spurs, Swansea, Everton
Away games remaining: 4: Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester United, Aston Villa

5. Scum G30 P53
Scum need another 15 points from 8 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,77
P.p.g. needed remaining 8 games to get 68 points: 1,88
Home games remaining: 4: Everton, Norwich, Man United, Wigan
Away games remaining: 4: WBA, Fulham, QPR, Newcastle

6. Everton G30 P51
Everton need another 17 points from 8 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,70
P.p.g. needed remaining 8 games to get 68 points: 2,13
Home games remaining: 3: QPR, Fulham, West Ham
Away games remaining: 5: Woolwich, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Sunderland

7. Liverpool G31 P48
Liverpool need another 20 points from 7 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,55
P.p.g. needed remaining 7 games to get 68 points: 2,86
Home games remaining: 4: West Ham, Chelsea, Everton, QPR
Away games remaining: 3: Reading, Newcastle, Fulham

Here's the latest update, toughest games in bold letters.

5. Scum G30 P53
Scum need another 15 points from 8 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,77
P.p.g. needed remaining 8 games to get 68 points: 1,88
Home games remaining: 4: Everton, Norwich, Man United, Wigan
Away games remaining: 4: WBA, Fulham, QPR, Newcastle

Just to say, I think WBA is a tough away game. They have a better home record than we do.

I think our trip to Wigan away with be tough. I'd imagine they'd be putting their survival miracle on about then.

I think our trip to Wigan away with be tough. I'd imagine they'd be putting their survival miracle on about then.

I have changed the Wigan game to bold letters. I have added Fulham for Chelsea too. For Woolwich I have added Fulham and WBA, whereas QPR could be one too, depends how the next games will go.
Everton should get a good return at home, but their away fixtures look like a nightmare.

Just to say Ean I really like this thread, and hope you keep it going.

Last week I'd given up on us getting CL, but Saturday's win has revived my hopes.

IF we beat Everton, that will end their CL hopes IMHO, and I think we'll nudge over the line and grab 3rd or 4th.

But I'd expect Everton to carry on trying 100% as they would like an EL spot I assume. They'll definitely give it a go v Pool whatever :)

I think you have the Everton run in wrong BTW - They've played Stoke at home, they have an extra away game at Sunderland. Which may well be tough if they have new manager 'bounce'

I hope Mackems are safe or relegated by the time they play us.

IIRC, we could be playing the EL final before the Sunderland game

I just hope we come into that having beaten Chelsea in the final:)

I have changed the Wigan game to bold letters. I have added Fulham for Chelsea too. For Woolwich I have added Fulham and WBA, whereas QPR could be one too, depends how the next games will go.
Everton should get a good return at home, but their away fixtures look like a nightmare.

To be honest, I could look at any of those fixtures and find a reason why they would be a difficult one. At this point of the season almost everyone has got something to play for, be it European places or avoiding relegation!

Just to say Ean I really like this thread, and hope you keep it going.

Last week I'd given up on us getting CL, but Saturday's win has revived my hopes.

IF we beat Everton, that will end their CL hopes IMHO, and I think we'll nudge over the line and grab 3rd or 4th.

We really have a great chance of ending Everton's hopes! If we beat them, we would be 9 points ahead and it would be close to impossible for them to catch us considering their remaining fixtures and the number of games left. If they beat us we would give them a massive lift, so let's not do something that silly..

Back
Top Bottom