How to achieve 68 points?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This work is greatly valued by the TFC community, nice work eanN17. If someone has done this work, that I'm about the reveal, before me in the feed then my apologies in advance but corresponding fixtures this season suggest we may not be sitting as pretty as you've suggested we might. Context and current form aside;

- The chavs achieve 14pts (remarkable score against Villa 8-0)
- That lot down the road 17pts (remarkable score Newcastle 7-3)
- Us 11pts (Wigan, but everyone beats Wigan)

Therefore,

- That lot will finish on 70pts
-The chavs will finish on 69pts
- We will finish on 68pts

Consider my nerves wracked !!!

If we manage to take even a single point from the chavs away fixture and every thing else stays the same, we will finish in the top 4 according to this theory. not that bad position if you ask me.

This work is greatly valued by the TFC community, nice work eanN17. If someone has done this work, that I'm about the reveal, before me in the feed then my apologies in advance but corresponding fixtures this season suggest we may not be sitting as pretty as you've suggested we might. Context and current form aside;

- The chavs achieve 14pts (remarkable score against Villa 8-0)
- That lot down the road 17pts (remarkable score Newcastle 7-3)
- Us 11pts (Wigan, but everyone beats Wigan)

Therefore,

- That lot will finish on 70pts
-The chavs will finish on 69pts
- We will finish on 68pts

Consider my nerves wracked !!!

Thanks for the compliments. I haven't looked at our other teams remaining fixtures, but I get 70 points for Spurs.

The 70 points mentioned in my summary above is based on corresponding fixtures.
The difference between your predicted total number and mine might be because of the relegated and promoted teams? I have swapped the teams as follows:

Reading (1st) swaps with Bolton W (18th)
Southampton (2nd) swaps with Blackburn (19th)
West Ham (play off) swaps with Wolverhampton (20th)

The remaining results from the corresponding fixtures last season:
Everton (h) 3 points, Chelsea (a) 1 point, City (h) 0 points, Wigan (a) 3 points, Soton (h) 3 points, Stoke (a) 0 points, Sunderland (h) 3 points. 13 more points if we match our tally from last season the way I see it.

I shouldnt need to highlight our dropped points against relegation fodder like Norwich, but we did.

Not sure the relevance of that game mate? If you look at the corresponding games we have already played Norwich twice this season. If you are pointing to the obvious danger that we could drop points still in our run in, there is, as always, every chance as we did get beaten by Wigan and Fulham. However, the same can happen to our rivals!

Bloody Wigan (whoops - watched the Wig vs. Nor game on TV today and couldn't believe the standard, or complete lack of; clearly it's still on my mind). Everyone is capable of dropping points for sure, but Spurs have form for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. AVB is a source of inspiration, that said.

Yep Raitei, this season's games were viewed, not last season.

I think Chelsea's win today is a boost for us. Their fixtures are piling up now.

Much will depend of course on when our rearranged game with them takes place, but it should be no worse for us than them, and it could be much better if they're playing say their 4th game in 10 days while were just playing our 3rd.

I think Chelsea's win today is a boost for us. Their fixtures are piling up now.

Much will depend of course on when our rearranged game with them takes place, but it should be no worse for us than them, and it could be much better if they're playing say their 4th game in 10 days while were just playing our 3rd.

I just hope they crash out of the semis vs City. I don't want them to win another trophy. And then hope Wigan beat the blue half of Mancs in the final..

Chavs were good today, but their fixtures look bloody hard, so can see them dropping a few points yet!

As long as we keep winning it will increase the pressure on the rest. Away game for Scum could mean dropped points next weekend vs WBA. With us having a home game vs another top team we could put us in an excellent position for the last 6 games.

I want Chelsea to get to the final and beat City, that will absolutely pile the pressure on fixtures-wise.

Especially if they reach the EL final as well, that would be perfect. They'd probably have to play about 5 games in 10 days.

I hope they lose both finals, one to us of course :)

Yeah, that worked out great for us last year.
tumblr_mjzs28mwx41rjdfzto1_500.gif

I want Chelsea to get to the final and beat City, that will absolutely pile the pressure on fixtures-wise.

Especially if they reach the EL final as well, that would be perfect. They'd probably have to play about 5 games in 10 days.

I hope they lose both finals, one to us of course :)
Sorry, this kind of dumbfuckery deserves 2.
tumblr_mj8yu5xUk41rjdfzto1_500.gif

Next weekends fixtures:

Reading v Southampton12:45
Norwich v Swansea15:00
Stoke v Aston Villa15:00
West Brom v Woolwich 15:00

Sunday 7th April 2013

Liverpool v West Ham13:30
Tottenham v Everton 14:05
Chelsea v Sunderland 15:00
Newcastle v Fulham 15:00
QPR v Wigan 16:10

Monday 8th April 2013

Man Utd v Man City 20:00

Not too out of the question to see us winning and Man City losing is it? Would close the gap to 2 pts.

Then because of the FA Cup us, Chelsea and Man City have a weekend off when Woolwich have a home banker against Norwich. Week after though, we have City at home. Would be nice to beat them knowing we could go 2nd for a while.

Alternatively, we lose twice and end up 5th after our next two games, to give the pessimistic perspective. Either way, it's gonna go down to the wire and City aren't out of this either yet.

Is Norwich a home banker? We've failed to beat them two seasons in a row at home. They beat Woolwich earlier this season. I expect Woolwich to win, but they could easily struggle against Norwich who are a horrible team to watch and play against under Hughton these days.

It's worth clarifying only us have the weekend 'off', Chelsea and City are playing a tough game which may well have negative repercussions for them in the league.

I think City are almost certain to get 2nd, and think they're not in the same race as us ATM.

IF we beat them and Everton, then yep, I might well change my mind.

Fair comments.

I'd say them lot at home to a team who has won one game since the middle of December is about as much as a home banker as you can get, but of course this is just a prediction and anything can happen.

Obviously City are in pole position and apart from our fixture and the one on Monday against United, don't have anyone else in the top 8 left to play. Just that a couple of poor results from them however could see them dragged into it. Better to aim at catching them that continually look over our shoulder.

Ooooooh it's the run-in!

I can hardly bear to watch, yet can't take my eyes off it!

The ultimate Football supporter's conundrum!

The scum need 5 wins to get to 68 points right?

I can see them dealing with Norwich, Wigan, Fulham and QPR fairly comfortably, picking up at least a point against Newcastle, Everton and West Brom, and depending on Man Utd's motivation for their game, they could take something from them as well....

Them going unbeaten from now on isn't far fetched.

Maybe i'm being pessimistic, but I see them finishing with 70-72 points.

I reckon if we're finishing 4th, it's above Chelsea, and reliant on our game with them (must not lose)

Back
Top Bottom