How to achieve 68 points?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please make it stop now, for the love of god (other mythical deities are available from all good stores) and all the ostriches.

I can only say what I have done before on this thread before, take the thread for what it is, the stats are there and I'm not claiming that this thread has a scientific value.

Liverpool can not get more than 65 points now and Everton are looking at a very tough run in. Woolwich has taken over the 3rd place, but hopfully the Toffees can get something off the Gooners. Chelsea, with a tough run-in themselves will face the first of many hard games vs Fulham next.

3. Scum G32 P59
Scum need another 9 points from 6 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,84
P.p.g. needed remaining 6 games to get 68 points: 1,50
Home games remaining: 3: Everton, Man United, Wigan
Away games remaining: 3: Fulham, QPR, Newcastle

4. Chavs G31 P58
Chavs need another 10 points from 7 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,87
P.p.g. needed remaining 7 games to get 68 points: 1,43
Home games remaining: 3: Spurs, Swansea, Everton
Away games remaining: 4: Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester United, Aston Villa

5. Spurs G32 P58
Spurs need another 10 points from 6 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,81
P.p.g. needed remaining 6 games to get 68 points: 1,67
Home games remaining: 3: Man City, Southampton, Sunderland
Away games remaining: 3: Chelsea, Wigan, Stoke
6. Everton G32 P55
Everton need another 13 points from 6 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,72
P.p.g. needed remaining 6 games to get 68 points: 2,17
Home games remaining: 2: Fulham, West Ham
Away games remaining: 4: Woolwich, Sunderland, Liverpool, Chelsea

7. Liverpool G33 P50
Liverpool can get a maximum of 15 points from 5 games.
P.p.g. so far this season: 1,56
P.p.g. needed remaining 5 games to get 68 points: - Maximum achieveable points is 65 points
Home games remaining: 3: Chelsea, Everton, QPR
Away games remaining: 2: Newcastle, Fulham

Yep,

I've just been checking this and I reckon it's going to be the highest points for a 5th placed finished based on the games left. I reckon 4 will be more like 72 points.

However looking at Chelsea's fixtures, if you chuck in a 2 leg semi-final and possibly a final, they could have some serious fixture congestion in the last 3 weeks of the season.... Around the time we should be playing them if Sky have there way... It could work in our favour.

I think it will need a point against Chelsea or City and one loss - then winning the other 4 i reckon will be enough

If we lose one of the other 4 games it really could go to the last game for 3,4,5

Remember Woolwich still have Utd to play... I'm hoping Utd slip up again so that that game could potentially mean Utd winning the title at the Emirates and doing us a favour in the process

Agree lads, right now it looks like it's going to be the highest 5th place finish so far in the PL history! But a couple of defeats can change it..

If you look at the games the teams have left they could all go either way.
Purely based on ppg though, you got:

3rd Woolwich 70,06 points
4th CSKA Landan 71,09 points
5th Mighty Spurs 68,89 points
6th Everton 65,31 points

There are many ways of looking at it. Either way there will still be twist and turns.

Let's hope Everton and Fulham can do us some major favours the coming week.

2z4feci.jpg

Back
Top Bottom