Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes he has. In most of the game's he's played he's been no worse than most for effort. First half against Burnley he saw the ball 40 times. Skipp in the same half saw it 24. First half against Utd last week Sissoko saw it fucking 10.

Norwich away 67 passes, 91%, is that putting in no effort?

Leicester away most tackles in the game (4),

Southampton at home, most tackles/intercepts (5)

Olympiacos away most tackles/Interceptions (despite only being on the pitch 60 mins),

outstanding in two games against Red Star (2 assists in the first game, most tackle/intercepts in both, 140 passes at 90% over both games) etc etc etc

I'm chucking these stats at you to back up what your eyes should telling you. he's not always been great, but it's not about lack of effort, it's about a load of shit, shit team, stupid tactics, stupid selection, not playing him and other players in their best positions, playing 5 fucking CB's and two CM's away at shitty fucking Burnley, him being a 22yo kid having his first season in a new country, in a new league, with a new language and two managers, carrying a couple of injuries, just having a few not great games and having your billy big bollocks manager think it's a great idea to throw you under a fucking bus publicly.

This fucking bullshit narrative that he's not put any effort in is garbage.

Not on for a cunt off at all but surely the same could be said for your hate agenda for Sissoko?

“Touched the ball ten times”
Maybe he could have got more into the game had he not been playing under instructions and having to wet nurse Aurier!

But I think Tanguay should start against the Blades who are a hard working side and see if he blows up
Bound to be a bit rusty but should be fit

so you'd rather have Mourinho, we lose one of our most expensive assets, and most likely go tumbling down the table.

Mourinho has proven that he can work under a budget and stick to a long-term project within a club. Sure, he's been at clubs with significantly more resources and not made it through a 3rd season, but I'm confident that was just bad luck. We should fuck off our most expensive signing ever and believe in the guy Utd fans apologise we have to endure.

I mean, come on, it's not like he had another star Frenchman at Utd he had a huge rift with. He wasn't playing Lo Celso for a long time until he was forced to, but I'm sure that was not his fault either.

Come on guys, we are at a very critical turning point. Chelsea and Leicester have overtaken us and are continuing to spend and build. Utd and Wolves are becoming very dangerous too. We're looking at SEVENTH unless we can really pick things up. Ndombele has the potential to be our most valuable asset and Jose (and Spurs) are doomed if they don't find a way to make use of his ability.
Add to that Mourinho is simply not as good as he used to be and he knows it.

Mourinho exerts his power by picking a fight with the most talented players because for him HE HAS TO BE THE STAR. Nobody can be bigger than Jose

Not on for a cunt off at all but surely the same could be said for your hate agenda for Sissoko?

“Touched the ball ten times”
Maybe he could have got more into the game had he not been playing under instructions and having to wet nurse Aurier!

But I think Tanguay should start against the Blades who are a hard working side and see if he blows up
Bound to be a bit rusty but should be fit

I'm raring for Jose to play him as a #10 for the upcoming game and put all the conspiracy shit to bed for the time being...

This way we'd play to his strengths against a predominantly re-active opponent; giving him a chance to get his shine on without all the did he/didn't he tussle enough. Meanwhile, a bullet-proof Dele helps no-one.

Sissoko / Gio
Stevie / Ndombele / Son
Kane​

...Looks like the best chance we have of facing up a stubborn team who's current form will have them doubting themselves a bit.

Last edited:
I'm raring for Jose to play him as a #10 and put all the conspiracy shit to bed for the time being...

This way we'd play to his strengths against a predominantly re-actively opponent. Meanwhile, a bullet-proof Dele helps no-one.

Sissoko / Gio
Stevie / Ndombele / Son
Kane​

...Looks like the best chance we have of facing up a stubborn team who's current form will have them doubting themselves a bit.

I think we’ll have too much for them but I’m still worried defensively as Bowen could have had a couple for Spam on Tuesday
Good job he’s gash like the rest of their side

im-not-saying-thats-racist-but-its-racist.jpg

What was race related, let alone racist?

Is that bad?

We lost 21 of Dembeles last 88 games.
Weve lost 25 of Kanes last 88 games.

I could go on. I won't.

In the spirit of honesty. Percentage of won Vs lost
Kane won 56.6% lost 22.6%
Dembele won 53.5% lost 23%
Winks won 60.2% lost 25%

He has the highest win and highest loss ratio of all 3
I suspect that has something to do with a large portion of his appearances coming in the season where we didn't draw a game until the end of the season.

My point was that him being in the starting 11 doesn't give us more chance of a win. But 60% stat potentially disputes that.
I have no idea how many of those 88 games he played 60+ minutes for example. Or the others for that fact.

No it's not.

10 through balls in 88 matches. All but 1 every 9 games on average.
2 assists and 3 chances created.
His defensive work is considerably better than his attack in every regard. He's made vastly more tackles than he's attempted through balls.
The problem is, most defensive midfielders offer more forward thinking play than he does whilst matching his defensive role.
His defensive effort is mostly summarised by pointless lunges - a DM he is not

I'd rather watch TND blowing out of his arse whilst providing moments of real quality football during a match than 90 minutes of Winks, with his shirt tucked in, busily passing back to his CB every time.
He has no place in our starting 11 if we are serious about competing for silverware

The manager, since the switch, hasn't been close to the problem it has been the player. It is not Mourinho's job to change the tactics to get one lazy player more involved, he is putting out the best team he can and unfortunately for lazy ass Ndombele that doesn't include him,

Its nice that for 60 million we get a guy that can occassionally get some counting stats to pad his zero effort but having watched each one of those games I can't think of a single one that was close to impressive or one in which he actually put some effort in.

I get it that fans want to imagine that we have some great hidden gem being held back by the manager because that is much easier to stomach that just admitting the fact that the player is a dud, especially with how much money we wasted on him. Jose is an easy pinching bag because many fans hated him and deified Poch so they will now ignore the reality that Jose is and has been great for us since coming in.

The only bullshit narrative was that he was unfairly thrown under the bus, he was rightfully called out for his dogshit attitude and laziness as he should have been. If anything Jose should have been harsher and left him off the bench completely but instead we have to coddle this little baby so he doesn't go home crying, while stealing 10 million in salary from the club.

So if he's not trying, but he's still tackling more than his team mates in some games, seeing more ball than his team mates in some games, completing more passes than team mates in some games, got more goals and assists than Sissoko in about a third of the time on the pitch etc - in all those games are the other players trying even less than Ndombele? Shouldn't they be rightfully called out and publicly humiliated?

Even Neville drew attention to the fact that Sissoko had seen so little of the ball in the first half of the ManU game. Shouldn't he have been pulled off and humiliated and then not anywhere near the team the next game?

Should every player who hasn't quite recovered from an injury be publicly humiliated for that as well now.

And when Mourinho makes a fucking clusterfuck of his match tactics, like away at Burnley when he played a back 5 of CB's, or home and away to RBL, or most of the 7 games in a row we failed to win before Tuesday, or for having the joint worst clean sheet record in the PL, should he be called out publicly by Levy and humiliated, had his mentality questioned, his effort to actually manage properly questioned, while stealing his 15m a year salary from the club?

Let's get a loan deal sorted out pronto for the lad. Unfortunately, it will mean a double down on our tragic bus parking from the passive, boring, negative, bottler Jose but when he gets the sack and hopefully a progressive, attacking and braver Manager arrives in his place the first thing the new chap can do is bring him back. He'll still be ours and it will be like a new signing.

So if he's not trying, but he's still tackling more than his team mates in some games, seeing more ball than his team mates in some games, completing more passes than team mates in some games, got more goals and assists than Sissoko in about a third of the time on the pitch etc - in all those games are the other players trying even less than Ndombele? Shouldn't they be rightfully called out and publicly humiliated?

Even Neville drew attention to the fact that Sissoko had seen so little of the ball in the first half of the ManU game. Shouldn't he have been pulled off and humiliated and then not anywhere near the team the next game?

Should every player who hasn't quite recovered from an injury be publicly humiliated for that as well now.

And when Mourinho makes a fucking clusterfuck of his match tactics, like away at Burnley when he played a back 5 of CB's, or home and away to RBL, or most of the 7 games in a row we failed to win before Tuesday, or for having the joint worst clean sheet record in the PL, should he be called out publicly by Levy and humiliated, had his mentality questioned, his effort to actually manage properly questioned, while stealing his 15m a year salary from the club?

I have already said I do not want Sissoko starting, or really on the team at all so go right ahead and call him out.

As for Mourinho he has not been the problem the lack of quality with the team has caused him to have to use poor formations because there aren't enough quality players. His tactics have been fine so no reason to call him out unless you think he is responsible for the lack of quality players which considering how short of a time he has been at the club would be an odd choice in my view.

Jose has stolen anything and earned every bit unlike useless Ndombele who hasn't done a single positive thing for the club and made it worse by being a fat, lazy prick.

Back
Top Bottom