Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough but separate issues

Poch’s limitations are one thing and have been discussed at length ad finitum ad nauseam

But if José fails and it goes tits up then yes let’s debate as to why but when?

How long are you going to give him?

I suggest towards the end of next season

Some idiots want to see progress now

Really?
I'll give him whatever time he's here.

This is my point.....If a manager who wins trophies at every single club he's managed fails to replicate that at Spurs, surely, in Gods name, there can be no more excuses for the owners?..

It has to be the final proof, if such proof is needed, that the problem, is in fact, Daniel Levy.

I give you 1 word to prove just spending money is the answer, Ndombele. It is a much more complex issue and never just one person's fault. It is always difficult to follow a popular long serving Manager look at MU and Woolwich. If Jose fails it could be for any number of reasons including the players simply not being good enough. Blaming Levy all the time is like a record on repeat and is just plain boring. That does not mean that Levy does not have his faults but I am sick and tired of reading the same old arguments.

Why not.

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

We're only just behind them.

And we're ahead of the likes of Woolwich, Chelsea, Dortmund, Juventus and many others who will invest more in their playing squad than us.

We have the revenue. We have a manager who wins trophies at every club he manages.

There can be no more excuses.

Except we don’t have the revenue now.

No CL, no NFL, no executive boxes. We are about to have a lot less.

I give you 1 word to prove just spending money is the answer, Ndombele. It is a much more complex issue and never just one person's fault. It is always difficult to follow a popular long serving Manager look at MU and Woolwich. If Jose fails it could be for any number of reasons including the players simply not being good enough. Blaming Levy all the time is like a record on repeat and is just plain boring. That does not mean that Levy does not have his faults but I am sick and tired of reading the same old arguments.
Ok your right brother it just ain't Levy.
Add old Joe Lewis to that list .

You can’t ignore the fact that under Levy/ ENIC we have 1 league cup to our name in over 20 years. An embarrassing stat when you compare all the other top 6 sides recent trophy history. Other big clubs win trophies, Spurs simply have forgotten how to under this lot. You can blame the managers at times of course, but when it comes to the crunch, Levy N Co provide the funds and help push the club forward, like the Liverpool owners have. They frankly don’t do anywhere enough on the playing field and it bloody shows when you see us potless season after season. Levy/ENIC are pretty happy to us pay the most expensive tickets in the country, raking in profits, selling players to balance sheets and getting the odd top 4 place. They really couldn’t careless about winning trophies and it’s been proven for years.

Frankly I already have no interest in next season even though this one is still not over.
Apparently we have no money to spend now that coronavirus has given levy another excuse.
We still have mourinho and Chelsea are signing quality young players, the ones and type of ones we should be signing if as levy keeps telling us we have to do things differently. Why I'm not quite sure...
and the scousers are obviously now the best team to ever play football...ever....
Yay what an exciting season it should be !!
Its made my mind up about not renewing my sports channel subscriptions next season. Not worth paying for.

I'm supporting him. Even though I don't like the geezer.

But if we become the very first club he fails at in 20 years of management, it'll be really interesting to see where the Poch detractors point their slippery fingers.

And will those who steadfastly support Levy finally admit they're backing a loser.

Interesting times ahead.
Something will have to give. But usually they always blame the manager, never levy & enic. Look how many have turned on poch so easily & quickly.

Excuses .
We have no will at top level to compete brother.

Going back to 1990 - In the last 30 years what have we won?

3 domestic cups. That’s us. We are not united or liverpool. It’s a fact.

I view us for what we are. A football club With an ok history trying to become a brand. Which Levy is doing very well at. We are primarily a business.

Trophies for show - profit is the real dough.

Plain and simple.

Some guy on Instagram claiming to be a Tottenham fan was insistent that Levy has done an amazing job despite winning only one League Cup in his 19 years in charge.

He said that he would much prefer to have it this way with the club managed on a tight budget than achieving Manchester City's success of 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 5 League Cups through major investment.

I had to block the twat, I couldn't listen to any more.
Fucking hell, man. Aren’t you forgetting something?

We won the highly-coveted Audi Cup last year. In case you have forgotten, that is the pinnacle of all of the car-sponsored football tournaments in Europe.

There’s just no pleasing some people.

Actually you are arguing against the levy defenders there. They are saying the players are there but its poch who has let us down. The anti levy people do think the players levy have given the manager simply aren't good enough. Its the pro levy lot who think they are good enough. There argument isn't poch didn't have a good enough team.

Last edited:
Going back to 1990 - In the last 30 years what have we won?

3 domestic cups. That’s us. We are not united or liverpool. It’s a fact.

I view us for what we are. A football club With an ok history trying to become a brand. Which Levy is doing very well at. We are primarily a business.

Trophies for show - profit is the real dough.

Plain and simple.

And you are a prime example of a Levy cult worshipper totally blinded by it all. How in the hell is profit better than trophies ? What does that do to you as a supporter ? Our motto has “glory” imbedded in it. Embarrassing the way you and others trot on about profit. Yeh, I’m sure City fans were thinking of all that profit when Aguero banged in the title winner. Chelsea fans thinking of the profit when Drogba won them the CL. Liverpool fans thinking of profit when they won the league the other day. Proper clubs that aspire to be properly successful. We are club that aspire to rake in a profit with no success and supporters like you totally buy it. Utterly ridiculous.

I'll give him whatever time he's here.

This is my point.....If a manager who wins trophies at every single club he's managed fails to replicate that at Spurs, surely, in Gods name, there can be no more excuses for the owners?..

It has to be the final proof, if such proof is needed, that the problem, is in fact, Daniel Levy.

As much as I’d like to I cannot argue with that

Odds on PL champs next season??

Airfixx Airfixx reading the last few pages of this thread

giphy.gif

Or SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs after another horse goes down!!

lol 😝

And you are a prime example of a Levy cult worshipper totally blinded by it all. How in the hell is profit better than trophies ? What does that do to you as a supporter ? Our motto has “glory” imbedded in it. Embarrassing the way you and others trot on about profit. Yeh, I’m sure City fans were thinking of all that profit when Aguero banged in the title winner. Chelsea fans thinking of the profit when Drogba won them the CL. Liverpool fans thinking of profit when they won the league the other day. Proper clubs that aspire to be properly successful. We are club that aspire to rake in a profit with no success and supporters like you totally buy it. Utterly ridiculous.

Where did I say I like Levy and this template? I think he takes the piss out of fans.

Read what I’m saying. That’s us. Levy is not a football fan. He’s a business man.

I’m a realist. Sunk thousands of pounds and hours into this club. For what - 3 trophies in 30 years. I think I’m here for more than trophies.

Back
Top Bottom