Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank fuck our recruitment's gone to shit, I'd fucking hate to find another player for 12 mil that lives off 20+ goals/assists a season, averages 50 passes a game, presses and tackles better than our fucking donkey DM, plays about 5 positions, and does it for 5 years straight and for 20k a week less than the donkey.

Fuck that shit, eh Sammy...
Eriksen was a disgrace for us for the last 2 years at least and you know it. I’m not defending Sissoko tonight because he was awful but your blind hatred for him affects how you see games and it always will

We need to throw the 4231 in the trash, that was a formation suited to Dembele. We don’t have high quality midfielders any more so we need numbers in there, Mou needs to move to his old school 433.

Sissoko has to be taken out now, I get that he’s our best athlete but he’s too limited a player to really help the team as a starter. Use him an an attacking substitute against tired legs, not our midfield lynchpin.

I don’t know why Winks has fallen out of the XI because he was playing well for Mou, but he needs to come back. He is not afraid to play and he gets stuck in.

We need to throw the 4231 in the trash, that was a formation suited to Dembele. We don’t have high quality midfielders any more so we need numbers in there, Mou needs to move to his old school 433.

Sissoko has to be taken out now, I get that he’s our best athlete but he’s too limited a player to really help the team as a starter. Use him an an attacking substitute against tired legs, not our midfield lynchpin.

I don’t know why Winks has fallen out of the XI because he was playing well for Mou, but he needs to come back. He is not afraid to play and he gets stuck in.

Skipp would be my choice to play at CDM the rest of the season, but Winks surely would be better than Sissoko in a 4-3-3 too. Sissoko for me can be a squad CM and defensive RW against top-tier opposition. Him and Aurier together are just a total mess defensively.

Skipp would be my choice to play at CDM the rest of the season, but Winks surely would be better than Sissoko in a 4-3-3 too. Sissoko for me can be a squad CM and defensive RW against top-tier opposition. Him and Aurier together are just a total mess defensively.
Skipp is very good at moving the ball and taking it off the defenders. I'd like to see Skipp alongside a real hard bastard (Barrios) in front of our defence either in a 4-2-3-1 formation or a 4-2-1-2-1 formation

Sorry mate I forgot you were ‘technically better than Sissoko’ when you were younger. You’re an absolute deluded clown
Sissoko is a very good athlete but as a footballer he is shocking.
He has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet and will not create anything for the team.
He gives his all in every game but he is woefull

Sissoko is a very good athlete but as a footballer he is shocking.
He has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet and will not create anything for the team.
He gives his all in every game but he is woefull
At least he provided a lovely "Ye Fucking whit???" moment tonight when he ignored a simple 10 yard pass to Sanchez and instead blootered the ball 50 yards backwards to give away a corner.

It amazes me that Skipp hasn't even got minutes since the start, especially when you consider he started our last two games before COVID.

He's practically our only defensive midfielder.

Sorry mate I forgot you were ‘technically better than Sissoko’ when you were younger.
What do you mean, when I was younger?
You said those exact words in a different thread, I can find it if you want

fhiIfaG.png

It amazes me that Skipp hasn't even got minutes since the start, especially when you consider he started our last two games before COVID.

He's practically our only defensive midfielder.

Is he ACTUALLY a DM though?

....I sense, in terms of forum pressure, it's more a case that peeps just think he's worth a punt there because they don't like the alternatives.

I'm not really sure what to write about that one.

I am usually not super into saying officiating decided a match but what else can you say about this match? Goal taken away, red (2nd yellow) not given? Those two obvious decisions happen and it's a completely different match. There were countless others throughout the match but those are the two big/obvious ones.

The attitude/desire in the 2nd half was honestly disgraceful at times. You can say that about the team in general after the disallowed goal I suppose.

We need to move beyond the huff and puff players who offer little beyond that. Sissoko and Lamela being the two best examples. Sissoko in particular was horrible today.

You gotta feel for Kane. No service, was clinical when the ball did come to him (even if many of his valid goals were disallowed).

Back
Top Bottom