Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's a truer statement. You're talking out of your arsehole again about algorithmic numbers that anyone with half a brain can see are a load of shite the majority of the time.
Nope, that's just your feelings and emotions, again.
HdF5KQh.png

If you honestly think Aurier is a decent full back I am sorry but your knowledge of football is zero.
Our French scout really needs to be relieved of his duties Aurier Sissoko and Ndombele are very poor footballers.
Clinton stamboule and Nukudo were also terrible players the French clubs must be pissing their selves at us.

You might wanna have word with our North East England scout about that one mate.

There we have it, 5th best full back in the league. 🤡
Somewhere around in that 5-10 ballpark, yes.

There's a lot to unpack with the idea that providing data/stats is "trolling".

There are absolutely biases in data. If anything, I'd argue that WhoScored's rating system has a bias towards offensive contributions, which is ironic, because Aurier is "shite" at "going forward" or "that final ball" or whatever else, yet he's one of their top 5 highest-rated fullbacks in the league.

It's reasonable to subjectively say that TAA, Robertson, Pereira, Wan-Bissaka, Digne, Azpilicueta, Chilwell and Doherty at Wolves (who technically, plays RW in a 3-4-3) are among the best fullbacks in the league.

These are exactly the players WhoScored's algorithms have parsed as being top league level.

That Aurier is also included in the middle of this pack is due to either:

1. WhoScored is run by an Aurier fanboy or an Ivorian sports data aggregator.
  2. It's a conspiracy to wind up some habitual moaners in the Spurs supporters' universe.
  3. Said habitual moaners are unable to objectively process information as they are prone to hysterics/fuzzy brain due to insufficient emotional regulation, embracing confirmation bias, and knee-jerk reactions.

Last edited:
Alright Monsieur Statto, here are some statistics for you, here we are at the business end of the season (Liverpool who we were competing with not so long ago have already romped the league) and in his last 8 Premier League matches he has...

1 Goal.
1 Completed cross.
7 Key passes (leading to a shot on goal)
1 Assist.

P8 W3 D2 L3 GF13 GA12

It's transfers exactly like his (he's no bloody Kyle Walker replacement btw) that have put the team in the current state it's in IMO. In retrospect some of the abuse Trippier took was shocking compared to this mediocre, liability of the Top 10 Full Backs in the League.

In fact, I'll tell you what, he's definately not in the in the top 4 right backs in the league, which is supposedly where we and ENIC want the club to be, so the sooner he fucks off back to France or whoever wants to take him the better.
giphy.gif
Edit: He's usually out on his fucking own there and doesn't even have all that much defending to do btw and constantly wastes good chances to create.

Last edited:
Alright Monsieur Statto, here are some statistics for you, here we are at the business end of the season (Liverpool who we were competing with not so long ago have already romped the league) and in his last 8 Premier League matches he has...

1 Goal.
1 Completed cross.
7 Key passes (leading to a shot on goal)
1 Assist.

P8 W3 D2 L3 GF13 GA12

It's transfers exactly like his (he's no bloody Kyle Walker replacement btw) that have put the team in the current state it's in IMO. In retrospect some of the abuse Trippier took was shocking compared to this mediocre, liability of the Top 10 Full Backs in the League.

In fact, I'll tell you what, he's definately not in the in the top 4 right backs in the league, which is supposedly where we and ENIC want the club to be, so the sooner he fucks off back to France or whoever wants to take him the better.
giphy.gif

In data analysis, it's preferable to have the largest data set possible, and context.

I'm trying to figure out what the significance of the last 8 matches is (form?). I will allow the possibility that you're not sure what number comes after 8... which would be surprising, as you have the number 10 in your handle... but without any context, I'm unsure what you're supposed to extrapolate out of these figures... that 1 goal and 1 assist in 8 matches for a fullback on a mid-table club is ____________________?????

If we look at the data set of this season, or better yet, his 2.5 years in the PL, in comparison to other fullbacks, we are better able to contextualize his performance.

In these last 8 matches, I'd be interested to see his stats in comparison to other fullbacks, and other Spurs players. This season, among fullbacks in the league, only TAA, Robertson and Digne have more assists than Aurier, and among Spurs players, only Son has more assists than Aurier.

It's like trying to convince people that Everton can finish in the top four.
More like trying to persuade a fundamentalist christian that the earth is a wee bit older than 6k years

Sometimes I wonder why I bother paying my membership and subscriptions to watch players with my own eyes to form judgments. Should just look at their 'data sets', save a few quid, and be done with it

More like trying to persuade a fundamentalist christian that the earth is a wee bit older than 6k years

Sometimes I wonder why I bother paying my membership and subscriptions to watch players with my own eyes to form judgments. Should just look at their 'data sets', save a few quid, and be done with it
You do realize in your little analogy here that YOU are the Fundamentalist Christian, denouncing science/data/facts because you "have your own eyes to form judgments"...

Right?

You do realize in your little analogy here that YOU are the Fundamentalist Christian, denouncing science/data/facts because you "have your own eyes to form judgments"...

Right?
Oh dear. The perceived logic of this retort is so flawed I just don't have the energy to unpack it at 1am. Good night

Last edited:
According to the stats, Mustafi and Bailly are better than van Dijk btw
Not sure what "the stats"™ you are referring to... maybe this?

...which is a perfect example of why data set size AND context are important to analysis:

zlNIfPQ.png

JBkd8FU.png

This is WhoScored ratings for CBs this season.
  • The first result is allowing any amount of appearances in the ratings search criteria.
  • The second result is requiring a minimum amount of appearances (>15) in the ratings search criteria.
  • >15 appearances was selected because it's half of the season --- it's a large enough data set that it weeds out potential anomalies (like Bailly leading the first result with only 1 appearance), but it's not so large that it excludes most first choice options.
If anything, these "the stats"™ show just how impressive and dominant Van Dijk has been this season, and it re-enforces my subjective (eye test) assessment of the best CBs in the league this season.

Last edited:
I'd quite like to know which country you're from or if you've suffered some sort of traumatic brain injury because you're talking a load of fucking shit.

Extrapolate it up your hairy ringpiece tbh.
Sounds like a lad who has been watching baseball or even basketball all his life and is now trying to understand the beautiful game.. Certainly whoscored.com ain't gonna help!

1. Said habitual moaners are unable to objectively process information as they are prone to hysterics/fuzzy brain due to insufficient emotional regulation, embracing confirmation bias, and knee-jerk reactions.
Actually - it's just that some of us can watch someone play football, and work out based on what we see, whether they are any good or not.

Tiresome know nothing drones that pour their way through statistics forget that football is played and watched by humans.

If you honestly believe that Aurier is the 5th best fullback or right back in the premier league, then you truly know absolutely nothing about the game.

Bupkes

Sorry you're wrong. Us fundamentalist creationists know your world to be a touch under 10000 Earth-years old.

Other things that we know:

Harry will be with us next season.
Sissoko will learn how to control the ball
Aurier will be swapped for Trippier.
Dele will shave off his dopey goatee.
We'll push for the PL title next season.

Nanu nanu.

Back
Top Bottom