In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very Strange isn’t it that Poch still hasn’t got a club. That and with the connection with his son signing a contract with the club, plus wearing the Spurs top. He’s literally got Spurs blood in his DNA now hasn’t he ? Like Ossie, Ricky Villa, Hoddle, Jenna etc. Once they get that connection with Spurs, it’s hard to leave it. Just smells fishy to me. Seems like it’s almost on the horizon Poch will return ?

As much as I would be fine with it (because he is likely much better than any of the other options we would get) I think there is zero chance that Poch comes back.

I think it would require some level of humility from Levy that he does not possess. I also think that if Poch comes back he would only do so with assurances about transfers and budgets that once again Levy would not agree to.

Ffs just delete the thread. The problem at the club is not to do with managers as two world class managers can’t get anything out of this squad. The problem is Daniel Fucking Levy.

That squad has died a slow death over 2 years and took down Poch with it, he wasn’t stale the team was. It’s not Jose’s fault either, we all know the blame is down to Levy. Undid 5 years of progression and sacked a great manager we’ve had well done Daniel. #ENICOUT

2e0.gif
i love that movie

As much as I would be fine with it (because he is likely much better than any of the other options we would get) I think there is zero chance that Poch comes back.

I think it would require some level of humility from Levy that he does not possess. I also think that if Poch comes back he would only do so with assurances about transfers and budgets that once again Levy would not agree to.

he bought back Robbie Keane and Defoe for big amounts. Levy is a lot of things, but he isn’t afraid to bring old guard back

he bought back Robbie Keane and Defoe for big amounts. Levy is a lot of things, but he isn’t afraid to bring old guard back

I am not sure that bringing them back would take the same level of humility that bringing Poch back would. There would be an element that he was wrong to have moved on from him and wrong to have brought Jose in.

I also think that he would have to change his transfer approach which would again have him having to admit that he has made mistakes.

I don't think that Levy has the nature to even look at himself and evaluate whether he is making mistakes and he certainly doesn't seem to be likely to then admit it publicly if he even was able to see it in himself.

I am not sure that bringing them back would take the same level of humility that bringing Poch back would. There would be an element that he was wrong to have moved on from him and wrong to have brought Jose in.

I also think that he would have to change his transfer approach which would again have him having to admit that he has made mistakes.

I don't think that Levy has the nature to even look at himself and evaluate whether he is making mistakes and he certainly doesn't seem to be likely to then admit it publicly if he even was able to see it in himself.

totally agree, but just don’t think it’s in the realms of impossible that Poch will return. Just seems strange that he’s still in and around the club, wearing Spurs merchandise and talking of returning one day.

Very Strange isn’t it that Poch still hasn’t got a club. That and with the connection with his son signing a contract with the club, plus wearing the Spurs top. He’s literally got Spurs blood in his DNA now hasn’t he ? Like Ossie, Ricky Villa, Hoddle, Jenna etc. Once they get that connection with Spurs, it’s hard to leave it. Just smells fishy to me. Seems like it’s almost on the horizon Poch will return ?

Would be a crazy end to the amazon series for sure!

Sicken the squad with 8 months of Jose. Poch gets a rest and refresh, then rides in as the saviour. Watch part 7 season finale next week: Levy plays shit and piss twister during the transfer window.

Ffs just delete the thread. The problem at the club is not to do with managers as two world class managers can’t get anything out of this squad. The problem is Daniel Fucking Levy.

That squad has died a slow death over 2 years and took down Poch with it, he wasn’t stale the team was. It’s not Jose’s fault either, we all know the blame is down to Levy. Undid 5 years of progression and sacked a great manager we’ve had well done Daniel. #ENICOUT

Poch was amazing, brilliant and my fave manager ever but not world class. Mourinho was world class but lost it 7 or 8nyears ago at Chelsea then was basically boring and eventually gash at its.
The problem was the brilliant job poch did by turning a relatively cheap squad into massive over achievers so levy didn't have to spend any cash. Not pochs fault I viously but the timing was unfortunate that we didn't build on the team like the dippers did by selling coutinho and buying wisely.

Fuck levy. Fuck his misguided plan to employ a winner and fuck mourinho for having 8 months or so and changing fuck all. No clue and no decent tactics. Stifles any creativity from everyone in favour of negativity. Fuck him. I'd take almost anyone else right now, in fact, I'm available and I couldn't do a worse job (and I wouldn't charge 15 million a year!)

Who that is currently unemployed would be better than Mourinho? Other option someone who currently is employed......why are they employed because they are doing good job and are at a better club, that pains me to say but that’s the cold hard facts nobody who is worth their salt as a manager who is young and up and coming with a bright future in the game would leave any club and come to us under the current restrictions re financially simple as.......so it’s Jose, give him a chance to establish himself with his own team and see where it takes us! Pochettino said the same thing re investment & a squad shake up now Mourinho has backed him up so if the knee jerk reaction was to get rid the next guy would be faced with the same problems.

How about Jose to PSG and Tuchel to Spurs??? Everyone's a winner

Not that fans are always the best way to judge but there were a lot of Dortmund fans that I know that were ecstatic that Tuechel was leaving and did nothing but complain about him as a manager when he was there.

Back
Top Bottom