Leicester (H) 19/07 4PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we play instead right now who would be better at playing this role. Ndombele who can't run or sissoko who's passing is some of the worst I have seen at this level and who should we buy to replace because hojbjerg isn't a better passer than winks

I would definitely choose Sissoko over Ndombele.

Sissoko's strength and work-rate helps the team.
Ndombele has the potential to be a fantastic player but he just doesn't give a shit.

I think if there is 60k in the stadium the fans will want more. Our tactics from the beginning was to C/A at home against a Leicester team missing key players. We scored 3 goals on the counter but created nothing from any possesion. Take the result but having to watch that week in week out next season is going to be hard. A couple of points though 1) against which teams will we actually try to keep more possesion and play football. Worry is when when teams sit back Maureen has not developed any real style of play other than the counter attack. Basically the Bournemouth game. 2) will we ever be a team to go for the jugular. I don’t want us to just sit back. On another day we don’t get the deflection for first goal.
I totally agree. We need a plan a, b, C & D. However a couple of matches ago we did not even have a plan A. Hopefully it will come as Mou has no doubt faced teams sitting back before. Although I think he first made the comment about parking the Bus against us many years ago.

Not me, don't even smoke regular cigarettes 🤢
The concert I went to was the first in quadrophonic IIRC, and Carl Palmer's drum solo was brilliant - he had dragons on the back of two huge gongs behind him, his kit was on a turntable and the strobe lighting brought them alive. Amazing how much I can remember considering it was 40 years ago.
Obviously made a great impression at the time and deservedly so.

Films, art and football is one thing, but wanking off to Bowie aged 49 is a bit tragic

Talking @ 22 >>> wanking @ 49?

1e0yim.gif

Anyone over 21 who’s still “into” bands needs to have a word with themselves.
Like music as an adult, but don’t discuss it.

:levystare:

You do realise that maybe people have more knowledge or understanding of 'music' than perhaps you do. So if you could please give us permission to discuss our passion we'd greatly appreciate it.

You do realise that maybe people have more knowledge or understanding of 'music' than perhaps you do. So if you could please give us permission to discuss our passion we'd greatly appreciate it.
And that’s why you should have a word with yourself.....adults “into” music take it waaaaaaay too seriously.
I was joking........a bit

It’s not knowledgeable to like a song and I find many people tend to equate their liking of a certain artist or type of music to the actual talent it takes to create it.

It doesn’t. You’re not necessarily more intelligent if you prefer The Cardigans to Right Said Fred.

Discuss what you want but this is actually a match “Fred”.

And that’s why you should have a word with yourself.....adults “into” music take it waaaaaaay too seriously.
I was joking........a bit

It’s not knowledgeable to like a song and I find many people tend to equate their liking of a certain artist or type of music to the actual talent it takes to create it.

It doesn’t. You’re not necessarily more intelligent if you prefer The Cardigans to Right Said Fred.

Discuss what you want but this is actually a match “Fred”.

...Or the music itself simply inspires discussion?

It's no different to talking about films and other art.

....Are other musicians allowed to talk about music?

....Regardless of your prior disagreement, football is no more substantial a thing to discuss either. Afterall it's "only a bunch of overpaid man-children kicking a bit of leather about".

Threads go off topic all the time; get over it.

Back
Top Bottom