Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From this forum, with all the differing opinions that come with it, you're the only one who feels like that. And that rumour could have been started by someone who was trying to rock the boat for us. Read what all the others players say about Jan - what a decent person and family man he is. Reading between the lines, seems like you are looking for an excuse why Eriksen stopped playing for us - think that happened well before those rumours came out.
Please. Just give us a break

Verts is one of my favourite spurs players this century. From looking like he didn't give a shit under Sherwood to being for my money the best defender in the league for 12-18 months. So many great moments and will be very sad to see him go

Remember when I said he was better than VVD and TFC laughed.........

:mourfacepalm:
You sad it when he wasn't better than VDV. In last 3 seasons Verthongen isn't the same player he used to be.

He was really, really good. But he was never talked as one of the best in the world. That's okay.

You sad it when he wasn't better than VDV. In last 3 seasons Verthongen isn't the same player he used to be.

He was really, really good. But he was never talked as one of the best in the world. That's okay.

Haha
I said that Jan and Toby were two of the best CBs in the world when peak, and that VVD has never been better than them.

TFC laughed and said Virgil was one of the best defenders in the history of football

Haha
I said that Jan and Toby were two of the best CBs in the world when peak, and that VVD has never been better than them.

TFC laughed and said Virgil was one of the best defenders in the history of football

As far as I'm concerned, peak Vertonghen equals peak VVD. They weren't at their peak at the same time, that's all.

I'm not sure we quite realised how good we had it with peak Jan and peak Toby at the back.

Back
Top Bottom