Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Origi is better than Kane then
Weren’t you adamant in another thread Mourinho simply MUST be a better manager than Pochettino purely due to the trophies he’s won? You even went as far as to claim Ramos’ spell here was more successful than Poch’s due to winning the milk cup?

So by your own self proclaimed logic, you must surely see Origi as better than Kane?

Weren’t you adamant in another thread Mourinho simply MUST be a better manager than Pochettino purely due to the trophies he’s won? You even went as far as to claim Ramos’ spell here was more successful than Poch’s due to winning the milk cup?

So by your own self proclaimed logic, you must surely see Origi as better than Kane?
Well apart from a players ability not being judged namely on what they’ve won like a managers is, then I’m not sure what you’re on about.
You’ve pulled me for taking the piss.

But not the guy who claims VVD is better than Jan and the proof is that Liverpool won the CL and “other fans“ said so.

Ramos spell was more successful because I count silverware as success.
If you think Poch was successful then you must think ENIC have been successful.

Ouch! Didn’t think it through did you.

As much as the above shit-show of a conversation re Jan and VVD would be lovely to read ad nauseam, thought I’d interject.

Fucking loved Jan... aside from when he leant up against the tunnel at Anfield prior to taking the pitch (but in honesty, we are probably felt like that at that time). He was/is a pure class defender. Beautiful to watch how he played. There was something of “stoic cunt” about him too, which made him ooze more style. It made me more ecstatic when he would let himself go in celebration etc. The champions league game against Dortmund when he played left back and was, hands down, the best player on the pitch (in my eyes) was particularly wonderful... even more so now, in retrospect. That was probably his swan song. People had semi canned him at that point saying he had lost his legs etc...and he came out and had A-class sex all over the pitch. Volley goal. Peach crosses. Just lovely. I’ll always regard him as one of my faves.

His bromance with Dembele was also very warming to behold from a virtual distance. Long live Super Jan.

I love Toby and Jan, argued with plenty of Liverpool-supporting friends when they signed VVD that he's no better than Toby or Jan. I think it's pretty obvious that he is better - the guy has barely been dribbled past in two years. Playing next to Gomez or Matip, who aren't as good as Toby or Jan.

I love Toby and Jan, argued with plenty of Liverpool-supporting friends when they signed VVD that he's no better than Toby or Jan. I think it's pretty obvious that he is better - the guy has barely been dribbled past in two years. Playing next to Gomez or Matip, who aren't as good as Toby or Jan.
But is he also better than Phil Jones? :troll:

Back
Top Bottom