New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keep winning stuff, and gain more fans!
If Man Utd or Liverpool sold a shirt to each and every one of their 10billion+ fans globally, they could retire tomorrow!!
Make a lovely all white shirt,sell it.
It would go like hot cakes.
Win a trophy
Next season keep same kit,but with the said trophy" winners" written around the crest.
It would sell like hot cakes.

I genuinely believe 2 or 3 year kits should return.Makes a new one,more of an event.

I don't buy if I don't like. Simple as that. I have enough shirts/tops to keep me going for decades (if I can still get into them). There's no shame in wearing a shirt that's not the latest anymore, it's quite nice seeing all the different designs out and about.

Make a lovely all white shirt,sell it.
It would go like hot cakes.
I genuinely believe 2 or 3 year kits should return.Makes a new one,more of an event.
...and the irony is, we're probably not far off the reality of TWO kits a season!
One pre-Christmas, and one from New Year onwards... I bet it happens in our lifetime!

Raise your fucking dare? Someone actually got paid to come up with that?

giphy.gif

I don't buy if I don't like. Simple as that. I have enough shirts/tops to keep me going for decades (if I can still get into them). There's no shame in wearing a shirt that's not the latest anymore, it's quite nice seeing all the different designs out and about.
I have the old mid 60s - 77 one and always get comments when i wear it.It looks so classy compared with todays efforts.

The bean counters are much more knowledgeable than I am, but I have long suspected this to be the case as well.

The every year thing suited the era when a variety of different collars were common, you could suit everyone's preference over a 2 or 3 year period.

But now that they're basically all standard no-collar no-button shirts (a development that surely reflects those selling better), that year to year variety increasingly involves messing with traditional shirt styles in ways that don't sell well, and will only get worse as the limited number of possible permutations drains down.

I think a club putting a great deal of thought into home and away kits that really please the audience and are maximally suitable to be worn by supporters, committing to it for 3-4 years, and then on the odd occasion where a 3rd kit is required releasing one-off novelties for the sake of variety and capturing the revenue from superfans and completists might be a better model.

One barrier to that is the constant overlapping terms of sponsor and manufacturer agreements, but it seems like longer-term deals have become the norm now, that's less of an issue.

And then once that 3-4 year period has passed, you can strike forward anew with wherever fashion has gone in that time.

The home kit is shocking... really poor... but probably what our 'Murrican market will snap up in a heartbeat.... and THAT'S where the money is...
I ordered the plainest, white t-shirt with a Cockerel on it today... £12, done. That'll do me. that's all I want...

The irony is, it'll be deemed 'boring' by some, cos they want chevrons, stripes, shading and Push button amusements on their shirts... well sorry, but careful what you wish for... I'll stick with the plain boring Spurs t-shirt thanks, you buy your £70 Amusement Arcade Home Shit.... and pretend you're happy with your purchase!
I absolutely love that £12 essential t-shirt.
Better not tell them though. Be £39 next week.

The annoying thing about that home shirt is that if they'd just stuck to plain white for the main body it would actually be half decent. I think the white and grey fabric is hideous.

I don’t really care. I’ve only ever bought two Spurs shirts in my life (Klinsmann year and first CL year).

The home one isn’t that bad. Will look ok with the full kit. Yellow away is always good, as that’s what I associate with our away colour.

Third one is...interesting.

Back
Top Bottom