Premier League 20/21 Targets and Expectations.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2020/2021 season target

• Win everything we enter!!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Title challenge and pick up at least 1 trophy.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Top 4 and get to the later stages (at least) of cup competitions.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • Top 4. The cup competition are less important.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Secure a Europa League spot. Top 4 would be tough, and a bonus.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • The league doesn't matter. Just win a trophy of any nature.

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Who cares - just sack Mourinho so we can focus on our future without him.

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
We weren't chasing a goal though it was tied on aggregate and Llorente had already shown that he wasn't effective as a 90 minute player.

It is ok to look at context and have different opinion on what should be done in different games. You understand that people don't just have to have blanket opinions on things and can actually look at the situation and make a judgement based on that.
Scored in the 87th minute to win against Watford the very next game

Wrong.

The poster claimed that Poch had an issue with bringing on guys to late when I needed, I pointed out that Jose has had that same issue here as evidenced by Sissoko repeatedly staying on in games where we needed offense.

So it has nothing to do with slagging jose for using Sissko and not Poch and everything to do with responding to the specific post.

So if that is your level of reading comprehension I would suggest you try harder.

Errmm in your initial post you defended Poch for making early game changes and used Sissoko staying on as an example of Jose’s shortcomings.

Don’t you think that’s a strange example if they both played Sissoko too much?

We weren't chasing a goal though it was tied on aggregate and Llorente had already shown that he wasn't effective as a 90 minute player.

It is ok to look at context and have different opinion on what should be done in different games. You understand that people don't just have to have blanket opinions on things and can actually look at the situation and make a judgement based on that.
Not chasing a goal while drawing a semi final?
Was we playing for a point?

Errmm in your initial post you defended Poch for making early game changes and used Sissoko staying on as an example of Jose’s shortcomings.

Don’t you think that’s a strange example if they both played Sissoko too much?

No in my initial post I said Jose would not solve that problem.

This is exactly what I said:

Have you watched Jose this season?

You think he is going to be the one to improve on the strategy of waiting too long to make subs?

Nowhere in that am I defending Poch.

So no I do not think it is odd to point out something they both did when my point is that Jose will not fix the problem that the poster brought up.

Just play for penalties and leave it up to luck

I don't think it is crazy to take off an older player that had shown he struggled to play a full 90 minutes, is slow and not a great defender when you are playing a similarly talented team and are late in a game in which you are tied on aggregate.

I mean the great Jose Mourinho just had his team play for a draw for a whole half against a much inferior team relying on a result in a different game to stay the same.

No in my initial post I said Jose would not solve that problem.

This is exactly what I said:

Have you watched Jose this season?

You think he is going to be the one to improve on the strategy of waiting too long to make subs?

Nowhere in that am I defending Poch.

So no I do not think it is odd to point out something they both did when my point is that Jose will not fix the problem that the poster brought up.
It is odd to point out they both left Sissoko on too long while saying :
There were games in which Poch switched guys early as well.

Look how long Sissoko stays out there in games in which we are desperate for a goal.

It is odd to point out they both left Sissoko on too long while saying :

Why is that odd when the point is that Jose won't fix the problem.

My point is not that it wasn't an issue with Poch the point is that both of them can be accused of that issue.

In fact I would expand it to say that waiting to long for subs is likely a top 5 complaint that fans have about all managers.

Again get over the fact that you need to blame Poch for everything and read what is actually being discussed.

I don't think it is crazy to take off an older player that had shown he struggled to play a full 90 minutes, is slow and not a great defender when you are playing a similarly talented team and are late in a game in which you are tied on aggregate.

I mean the great Jose Mourinho just had his team play for a draw for a whole half against a much inferior team relying on a result in a different game to stay the same.
Where had he shown he struggled to play 90 mins? Poch hardly ever game him any mins. Like i said he scored in the 87th minute the next game

Where had he shown he struggled to play 90 mins? Poch hardly ever game him any mins. Like i said he scored in the 87th minute the next game

He showed it throughout his whole play with us.

Given less minutes he was struggling. he was 33 years old and never a guy with pace. Is this where the pathetic need to blame Poch has gone that people are arguing whether a 33 year old Llorente was a guy that should or should not have been a 90 minute starter for us?

Why is that odd when the point is that Jose won't fix the problem.

My point is not that it wasn't an issue with Poch the point is that both of them can be accused of that issue.

In fact I would expand it to say that waiting to long for subs is likely a top 5 complaint that fans have about all managers.

Again get over the fact that you need to blame Poch for everything and read what is actually being discussed.
I have read it. Stop wriggling.

You’re defending a serial loser who played Son at LB

So we can drop Kane altogether then?
Why play anyone twice? They might be shit next week

LOL

Is that how pathetic your argument is now that you can't see the difference between Kane and Llorente?

Why is Llorente not starting every week for someone, did they not see he scored in the 87th minute against Watford????

Back
Top Bottom