Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Transfer bullshit is all so transparent and paint-by-numbers now.

Make Silly Season Ridiculous Again.

We've had every version of this story so far. It's transfer mad libs!

<Club> does/does not wish to sell <Player>, but <Manager/Chairman> do/do not wish to do so. <Other club> not willing to meet valuation, offers <money/player> instead.

At least the PEH stuff had some semblance of logic. Still waiting for everyone to sing the right tune on Ndombele, whatever that may be.

Levy's not going to let him go for less than £55-60m anyway, and probably won't cough up more than £40-45m for Skriniar. The Barca links have died down a bit as well. Which is why I think this drags on into the season regardless of the outcome.

£12m for Foyth, £12m for Walker-Peters, a rumoured £4m fee we want/ wanted for Carter-Vickers.... if we get move on peripheral figures like this for the fees bein* mentioned that would go a long way to helping us get a far stronger squad with very little major outlay. 3/4 others like Rose, Aurier etc shifted and it’ll start looking like the right forward moves required.
Play them, loan them, and/or sell them by 23. Our academy should be one of the ways we fund transfer business. If we can get academy players into the first team, great, but you will rarely have more than 2-4 in a matchday squad.

Sounds good, if Ndonbele can turn into the player his apologists think he can.

But Levy just had a heart attack even thinking about spending that kind of money.

Don't worry he's still out the office on his lunch break taking advantage of the 50% off, Monday - Wednesday meal deal at selected outlets :levystare:

Making 55 normal people jobless rather than just terminating Ozil’s contract
Hopefully this will stop the obscene amounts players were getting & transfer fee's were. It was just going up & up. Making the sport more & more unlikable. I also hope fan's start spending a lot less.

And even then, unless you've worded that wrongly, why would we have a transfer budget on par with a team that has double the operating revenue that we do?
Fair enough. But then why would clubs like Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford, Palace, Bournmouth, Newcastle, Wolves etc have a 5 year transfer budget Greater than Spurs with far, far less operating revenue than we do?

DD-COMPOSITE-PREM-NETT-SPEND.jpg

Edit: makes you wonder what Poch would have achieved with some backing

Last edited:
And if COVID had not of come along I would of expected another significant transfer outlay this summer. I suspect Mourinho did too when he joined.
We spent £160m (£115m net) the last two windows. Even without CL I would have expected us to spend around £100m this summer if not for coronavirus.

Fair enough. But then why would we have a transfer budget over 5 years less than Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford, Palace, Bournmouth, Newcastle, Wol.............

DD-COMPOSITE-PREM-NETT-SPEND.jpg
[

:sonhmm:

Edit: makes you wonder what Poch would have achieved with some backing

Can you remind me when Cardiff were in PL - because that's when your chart was taken from !

Back
Top Bottom