Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right now I don’t think it’s about how good PEH is as an individual, what’s more important is if he gives us the balance we badly need In midfield. His value will come from that. If a superior player comes along down the line , then yeah sure make that move, but we are crying out for just a competent DM right now.
Is he even a DM though? :kanehand:

My impressions here:

Inter really want Ndombele and are willing to jettison Skriniar to get him, but also feel they have Spurs over a barrel and want to press for a good deal.

Ndombele wants to go to Inter.

Mourinho likes Skriniar and is willing to lose Ndombele to get him. That PEH looks to be getting finalized likely means either Mou didn't like Brozovic or Brozovic didn't like Spurs.

Levy is extremely hesitant to swallow a loss on Ndombele after one year.

There isn't really any indication that Skriniar is super eager to leave Inter for Spurs.

All told, a LOT would have to fall into place to make this deal. If it were up to Mou, Conte and Ndombele, it would just be a straight swap and everyone would be on their merry way. But there are three other parties with different ideas.

I hope Lamela stays and is given a run to prove himself. Lucas and Berg had there chances and never really shone but is would seem Lamela might be out. I also can't believe we are not going for Alfredo Morelos. Temperament s bit suspect but knows where the net is
Lamela has had plenty of chances to prove himself, but his body is capable of playing in the PL, as much as i like Lamela, he should be replaced by someone more reliable even more so that he is occupying a foreign spot, a title winning team doesn't have spaces for players that spend more time in the Physios room then on the pitch.

I hope Lamela stays and is given a run to prove himself. Lucas and Berg had there chances and never really shone but is would seem Lamela might be out. I also can't believe we are not going for Alfredo Morelos. Temperament s bit suspect but knows where the net is

He has had 7 years

This 100%

Rather have 2 really hard working midfielders with the skill set we NEED and the profile Mourinho wants for his system than 2 'really talented' players ala Ndombele who quite clearly aren't working for us.
Said it better than I could! Well played - even though I hope Tanguy comes good.

Make up your mind Mourinho! First you want him, then you don't! It's all so confusing! It's as if these transfer rumors are mostly garbage!

Although to be fair, this makes a lot of sense - Mourinho pushing out a talented midfielder for a CB seems very on brand. He probably wishes he was at least 30 as well.

That being said, this is far from the worse thing that could happen vis-a-vis Mourinho and Ndombele. Skriniar is also a pretty prototypical Mourinho CB and would assuredly improve our defense.

My impressions here:

Inter really want Ndombele and are willing to jettison Skriniar to get him, but also feel they have Spurs over a barrel and want to press for a good deal.

Ndombele wants to go to Inter.

Mourinho likes Skriniar and is willing to lose Ndombele to get him. That PEH looks to be getting finalized likely means either Mou didn't like Brozovic or Brozovic didn't like Spurs.

Levy is extremely hesitant to swallow a loss on Ndombele after one year.

There isn't really any indication that Skriniar is super eager to leave Inter for Spurs.

All told, a LOT would have to fall into place to make this deal. If it were up to Mou, Conte and Ndombele, it would just be a straight swap and everyone would be on their merry way. But there are three other parties with different ideas.

Why would Ndombele want to play for a crazy mutha like Conte. Tangy will never be able to cope with the physical intensity expected of him. If Eriksen has struggled then Tangy has no chance

Would 100% take that. Škriniar is a super centre back. He would be a major signing for me and immediately improve our defence. Just accept Ndombele isn’t the player for us and he’s been a flop. Maybe he will do well elsewhere who knows, but I’d take this swap any day of the week.

Not sure why people believe Mou is "desperate" to keep mr Dombele when he'd clearly rather play the kit man ahead of him.
More just that the transfer talk around this has been all over the damn map. Sky Sports Italy is also worse than Sky Sports, which is bad enough.

It's not going away though like Barca seemed to so there's at least something there, just not sure what "there" is right now.

I think this can happen if Ndombele wants to go that way.. Which is still a big IF imo.
Is Conte staying or leaving? This seems like a really weird time for Inter to be doing anything at the moment and I can't imagine Ndombele fairing better under Conte regardless of what league it is.

I think people will soon be eating their words re: Hojberg.

Will be very refreshing to have a bit of bite in that midfield after what seems like a lifetime without.

The Skriniar/Ndombele rumour seems to have legs and I must say I really don't get that one.

A CB collection of:
- Toby, Dier, Sanchez and Tanganga is perfectly fine considering the other areas that need strengthening.

If we swap Ndombele for a centre back that is a creative deficit which maybe explains the Benarama/Bailey links.

It could be that we are looking to shape up how we ended the last season in more of a 4-4-2 which would mean the following:
- PEH and Lo Celso the starting duo, with Winks, Sissoko and Gedson as rotation
- A second striker is vital - see Milik/Wilson
- Skriniar would be great in a low block formation so could explain the link

My concerns are that we need to find the solutions for playing the bottom 12 teams. I think Mourinho can set us up well with the help of PEH and Skriniar to get a lot of points against the top teams.

The issue is that we haven't found a convincing way to play against the rest and that's where letting someone like Ndombele go could come back to haunt us.

Meh he’s a decent CB but certainly not as good as I’ve seen some say in a position we are already stacked in.

Would also mean we’d need another midfielder to shell out on too as I don’t want to go into a season with

Højbjerg, Winks, GLC, Sissoko & Gedson as that’s poor.

HairyLankyAurochs-size_restricted.gif

I am fine with the Ndombele swap if we CD also add a high quality creative deep lying CM to replace Ndombele.

I have zero interest in thus swap if it results in a Winks-PEH-GLC midfield.

Also I hope if we add Skriniar it means a reduced role for Dier not a Skriniar-Dier pairing.

I love the idea of adding Skriniar but hate what I think it means Jose will do with it.

Skriniar is better than any of our CB's. Is a clear improvement for our defence as Dier isn't reliable there. Maybe with him comming Mourinho can allow Dier to play CDM, despite I think he's too slow for the position.

I am fine with the Ndombele swap if we CD also add a high quality creative deep lying CM to replace Ndombele.

I have zero interest in thus swap if it results in a Winks-PEH-GLC midfield.

Also I hope if we add Skriniar it means a reduced role for Dier not a Skriniar-Dier pairing.

I love the idea of adding Skriniar but hate what I think it means Jose will do with it.
LLoris
Tanganga, Toby, Skrinair, Dier, Sanchez, Davies
Sissoko , PEH, Winks
Kane

:mourbringit:

Back
Top Bottom