Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PEH – underwhelmed! But these things are so hard to call. We've shelled out decent coin in the past and been let down whilst spent little and been surprised. Just no telling.

I can't help but feel PEH is trapped as a 1970s player – looks crude and clumsy but in truth i've not seen enough of him to really tell.

Right back worries me, partly because we rely on this position for crosses into the box and Aurier is shite, too many times does it just go out of play. I would like to see him gone TBH. , there also something about his attitude that I don't really like.

Torn on Bale, RM have acted badly and in public it does look like he doesn't give a shit but deep down how does anyone know how he really feels. Players are human and having the coach and fans publicly on your back must take its toll. I wanted him to go on and be one of the all time greats, so I could say I saw him at Spurs. It's not really going to go that way now. Not sure what the answer is. Whilst RM pay the wages they don't have the right to publicly destroy a person.

Anyone seen Benrahma play on multiple occasions? Is he actually any good?

Watched him in the playoff final and he looked like a headless chicken with zero end product but I'm well aware that's the only time i've ever seen him play
Only seen him twice, in the playoff semi and the final. He is Rohan Ricketts mate, a couple of fancy dan moves that don't really lead to much, invisible for the rest of the 90 minutes. He will drive Mourinho up the wall and be at the far end of the bench within 3 months.

Anyone seen Benrahma play on multiple occasions? Is he actually any good?

Watched him in the playoff final and he looked like a headless chicken with zero end product but I'm well aware that's the only time i've ever seen him play

A good few times. He is quite good. Scores and creates goals. Sometimes loses the ball with silly bits of skill that wouldn't be accepted for long in a Jose team. It'll be interesting to see him make the step up. Never considered him lazy, but I've seen him marked out of games by being double and triple teamed. Would take Eze over him. Doubt we'll sign either of them.

7f78b7b9d4e7348a788899066f8a71fc.gif

Not every signing has to be a marquee one. We needed a Dm and peh is a Dm with good numbers and premier league experience

there are better than him about but I think he’s perfect for what we need at the moment

CDM is one of the biggest problem areas we needed to work on. With that seemingly addressed, I think we'll sign a right back and striker before the season really starts, then after that it'll be any good opportunities that offer themselves, like if Coutinho is available for a good deal, or something of that nature.

Eric Garcia rejected a new deal at City.

Watch Barca sign him on a free, sell him a year later for £20m with a ridiculously cheap buy back clause to Everton, then buy him back after 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom