Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what PEH, will offer is his ability to read the game, and see threats, his ability to use his upper body strength, to win back the ball, and that natural aggression we need in midfield.

Would love if we could pair him with morgan sanson from marseille.
Sanson is a good shout. In a scenario where we bought him instead of Tanguy I think he would have had it much easier to adapt to the league. He's much more suited for the prem when it comes to the tempo and pace.

Just been speaking to my Brentford mate. He reckons this fella is lazy and wouldn't cut it in the premiership. He is an STH ,so has watched him enough. I don't really know alot about the bloke.
I watch a bit of Brentford as my family is from around that way originally. I agree with your mate, he has talent but Mourinho would hate him. Somedays he looks like 2015 Mahrez, some others more like Jose Dominquez. Wrong Brentford player imo.

Just been speaking to my Brentford mate. He reckons this fella is lazy and wouldn't cut it in the premiership. He is an STH ,so has watched him enough. I don't really know alot about the bloke.

That goes along with what my mate said. He is hoping we sign him as they can rebuild their squad with the money they would get from us. He thinks he is playing at his level. We already have one player who smashed the championship but has fallen short in the prem that's Sessegnon.Its not as though Benrahma has not had his chance in a top league. This is know disrespect to Algeria but they are not the best international team and he still cannot get into the team on a regular basis.We should be going for top players not bottom feeding in average championship player's.Sign him and he plays lw ,that's Sonny's position.Does this mean he wants rid of Sonny or he thinks he is a better option than Lucas,Berg or Lamela who have all played at the top level and can compete and excel at this level. I just don't get the link. We need a CDM,lb,RB,CB and striker. Not relegated players top players.

Do we have any scouts at the club?
And if we do, are we paying them too much, they don't seem to do anything.
It was choice between the cheese room, scouts or Lamela's hair dye.

I think we made the right choice.

GettyImages-1226987237-scaled.jpg

I wonder if you guys know that is not 11 superstars on a team that makes it a team you need your role players in your first eleven that does a job well thats PEH he plays DM quite well like scott parker even, you dont need him to be scoring 11 goals and 5 assists a season you just need him to set the platform so the locelso and tanguy of this world can do their thing PEH is a great signing no fuss no frills just effective and premier league proven..
Couldn't have said it better myself. Top post.

So PEH is not even a DM, why didn't we go for Romeu instead if we were that desperate for an average DM?

We're in for a fucking shock, a full season of neanderthal brand of football without a natural DM.
Don't you worry. When we are losing a game, we will sit back and look to hit the opposition on the break. And when the opposition sit back and look to hit us on the break, we will sit back and look to hit them on the break.

Last edited:
Ah the Summer Transfer Window. The place where people truly lose their shit.

:pochsmirk:

I remember the summer where we reached over 1,000 pages of transfer talk and didn't even sign a single player!

Good times.

:pochunimpressed:

We need a LB, RB, DM and striker....at the very least.

May also need a CB and AM.

In Levy We Trust?!

:mourcry:

Don't you worry. When we are losing a game, we will sit back and look to hit the opposition on the break. And when we play teams that sit back and look to hit us on the break, we will sit back and look to hit the opposition on the break.
In the end, everyone will be thrown under the bus.

Trust the process.

To be blessed with a wonderful natural footballing talent like he has and then not feel any need or desire to use it during the peak period of your career is tantamount to criminal in my book. He may well feel that he's 'proving a point' to everyone at Real Madrid (particularly Zidane) with his sarcastic poses on the substitutes bench and taking his millions of unearned pieces of silver until his contract runs out.
One day however, his two daughters and son will ask about his playing days and he will somehow have to explain those wasted years in Spain just sitting on his arse or playing golf.

What he is doing, or allowing his agent to do, will one day, in the years that lie ahead, come back to haunt him.
Or he could just tell them about all the CLs and League titles he won. I'm sure he's thought more in depth about his career than you, I or anyone on here has and he's happy enough with his decision.

Back
Top Bottom