Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This can't be possible. Trump said America wins everything.

:mourthumb:
:mourbye:
Not doing too well in the polls. I can't believe ANY reasonably intelligent American would vote for him. It's a mystery. Hope you guys don't get him for another term. How are you going to get him out of the WH when he loses?

Are you asking this because he hasn't been photo'd with the new shirt after all of 12 hours?
Levy will be an arrogant cunt and wait until the last few days before wrapping it up just to save cash on the players wages

No. Been accutely aware of it for about the same amount of time as Levy has been at the club ad we have failed to sign proper stars.
Even fucking Sugar signed stars. Alan Sugar.
Amazing isn't it.

Pretty much.

We will have lost a lot of income from March 2020 onwards and will lose income during 2020/21 season - clearly the amount we lose depends on the assumptions people make about our ability to attend matches and other activities such as exhibitions/conferences and non football events (music, rugby, nfl etc).

And the club would usually budgetted to get the season ticket revenues (ie a big cash flow advantage to get seat mony paid a year in advance) for 2020/21 paid to it in May (and which many clubs use to fund player transfers in the transfer window) which helps to fund clubs through from receipt of the last match day revenues through to next season. Spurs will have had a number of non football events lined up over the summer to plug that cash gap plus of course the ICC pre-season tournament and other freindlies.

So we will have a significant loss of revenues from March through to September when new season starts (6 months) with only TV money and sponsorship income coming in but many of the costs still needing to be paid (player wages being the most £'s)

All of that is what I am suggesting to be conservatively a loss of £200m revenues - might be more if covid -19 restrictions continue significantly into the new year.

Hope that better explains the financial situation ?
Sorry - but this is utter speculation and conjecture

Btw - it is no surprise Airfixx Airfixx fixx has liked every single post claiming we're broke (not just yours) - say it all what he really is

He is a big improvement on the guys they have, is young enough to still have improvement in his game and although his resume is light (debatable) all the scouting reports seem to fit what teams are looking for in a CB in terms of ball playing ability and athleticism.

Compared to paying 70 million for Pepe, being linked with Willian and Coutinho, signing Mari and Luis. This move is actually one that is reasonable moneywise, makes sense positionally, make sense in terms of age and improves the club.

I would be happy if we made the same signing and we have nowhere near the need they do. I know we are supposed say anything they do is crap but if true I am not sure what the criticism of the move could be to be honest.

They can’t keep making stupid signings (or ones that their agents are driving for their own pockets) and will make one that pays off eventually. If they get Partey I’ll be concerned but until then and also until they sign this guy I’m not going to get too worried. Let’s see if they can find the cash first.

Real merely want him off their wage bill. He's plenty good enough to do a job for them but Zidane is a prick and almost never plays him.

I for one hope Bale sees out his contract with them just to punish them for being stupid with their money. It's a contract whether Madrid like it or not. Encouraging their fan base to hate him in an effort to drive him away is absolutely pathetic.
Bale sitting on the bench shows nothing but contempt for the sport, himself and any other club interested in him

He’s not “showing them“ by sitting there. His wages are fuck all to them they are Real Madrid.

He is showing the world where his priorities are, by slagging off his “dream club” in Wales flags.
If it’s so shit, leave and let a kid come through if you’re so fucking full of principles.
No one cares that he’s “making a stand“.......he just looks like a mug.

Im always wary of these types of stories being true. But to pick our name out is pretty random if it isn’t alongside a couple of others. I can see why he’d be linked with other teams by his agent though. It could be the best time to get him a move.

On a positive note it’s good that we are being linked with creative players as well. It’s something we need so may well be looking at.

If the manager wants them, yeah.

Why?

You going to criticise a managers choice of recruit before they kick a ball?
Absolutely I will. Maybe you want Deeney then?
Or perhaps Phil Jones?

There are loads of players I don’t want and will criticise the signing, just like you have for the last 10 years so let’s not act like you’re now some kind of all encompassing ENIC backer who is happy with whoever they see fit to try and buy.

I actually don’t have an issue with signing this Brentford guy, but it’s the notion that you don’t mind who we sign because they haven’t played for us yet.
I’ve seen you slag off hundreds of targets.

Can't have a heart attack if you haven't got one.
Trust him. He's a doctor

physician.png

Absolutely I will. Maybe you want Deeney then?
Or perhaps Phil Jones?

There are loads of players I don’t want and will criticise the signing, just like you have for the last 10 years so let’s not act like you’re now some kind of all encompassing ENIC backer who is happy with whoever they see fit to try and buy.

I actually don’t have an issue with signing this Brentford guy, but it’s the notion that you don’t mind who we sign because they haven’t played for us yet.
I’ve seen you slag off hundreds of targets.

I dont think Mourinho wants Deeney or Jones.

No, I've slagged off the need for certain players or players abilities from those weve been linked with in the past - like I've made my feelings known on Hojbjerg.

But Im not going to let that skew my judgement of him as a Spurs player. Many fans let their pre judgement of a player affect their expectations of certain signings which then turns into bashing at every oppertunity throughout a 90 minute game. I saw it with Dempsey, Sissoko and countless others

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't see age and level (especially with the level being the Championship) any more important than end product and consistency at such level.

I've found that most clueless fans base their opinion on a footballer on the one viewing they've seen them and made up their mind there and then. Benrahma in the Play Off final for example. Despite him destroying the two automatically promoted teams this season in the league etc. etc.

But then again - you also get some clueless fans who will view a compilation of a player, not take into consideration opponents and level and deem them worthy enough to sign. Nkoudou was one, in which someone on here compared him to Eden Hazard. Classic.

Obligatory Benrahama highlight reel, because why the fuck not? Football is entertainment, right?

Oh Goody, a one footed show-boater who loves a nutmeg :pochunimpressed:

can't think where this is going to end up :deledoubt:

what PEH, will offer is his ability to read the game, and see threats, his ability to use his upper body strength, to win back the ball, and that natural aggression we need in midfield.

Would love if we could pair him with morgan sanson from marseille.

Back
Top Bottom