Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eric Garcia rejected a new deal at City.

Watch Barca sign him on a free, sell him a year later for £20m with a ridiculously cheap buy back clause to Everton, then buy him back after 2 years.
Ake arriving probably didn't encourage him to sign either.

No. I'm comparing the underwhelming feeling of signing Southamptons captain with Stambouli, who we also got fed a load of crap about being exactly what we need at the time. We'll see how he does and i hope he is great.
Watch how he turns out to be one of the first names on the team sheet not everything is about flash and prettiness you need a man to do the dirty work.

How are you going to get him out of the WH when he loses?
Ideally he would be tarred and feathered, but I think we'll settle for White House staff cleaning out his things.
I could of course be wrong, but I don't think he's crazy enough to try some military coup when he loses the election. He will certainly make any and every available excuse as to why the election was stolen etc, etc.

Right now I don’t think it’s about how good PEH is as an individual, what’s more important is if he gives us the balance we badly need In midfield. His value will come from that. If a superior player comes along down the line , then yeah sure make that move, but we are crying out for just a competent DM right now.

Watch how he turns out to be one of the first names on the team sheet not everything is about flash and prettiness you need a man to do the dirty work.
Not many defensive midfielders would be classed as flash but some like Ndidi would be amazing signings. Clearly that was out of our price range so we'll have to see how PEH does. Could be a Scott Parker, could be a less athletic Zokora.

Feel a bit like when we bought Alan Neilson or Stambouli but its looks like this is done so he deserves a chance. £3m and KWP doesnt destroy what budget we have is a positive. A right back or 2 next please.
I think he's OK just doesn't feel like exactly the type of player we need in that position. I was hoping for either a more athletic runner (I believe his a good presser, so has legs) but we aren't a pressing team, we are a low or mid-block side that sit deep, so is he the right fit for that role? My initial feeling is he's not right for a team that is a mid/low block side.

But if he can provide an effective screen for our back 5 and ultimately free up Ndombele then he'll be good for us, just don't feel he's this type of player.

I was so very wrong about Wanyama when we signed him, I thought he was just this mobile brick-wall but in his first season he turned out to be quite the baller that I had no idea he had in his game.

Fingers crossed that I've got him completly wrong.

Leon bailey is a true quality player . We do not need another winger unless we are going to lose one.Just wish we signed him and Weigl instead of Gedson and Berg
Lamela is most probably on his way out... Maybe Son becomes the second striker instead of this wild goose chase to find someone "good" who doesnt mind being Kane's backup

Right now I don’t think it’s about how good PEH is as an individual, what’s more important is if he gives us the balance we badly need In midfield. His value will come from that. If a superior player comes along down the line , then yeah sure make that move, but we are crying out for just a competent DM right now.
Spurs can apparently only purchase a DM once every 4 years so hopefully he's good enough until 2024.

This times 100! We need to get away from the idea of signing stars for every position and to concentrate on how the team balances. Will he help others to do their job? I think so. I am actually quite optimistic that JM is looking to make buys that we need rather than what we want. Even though I preferred the football we played a few seasons ago it seems that Jose is actually buying to a plan and that's all I can ask for.

Lamela is most probably on his way out... Maybe Son becomes the second striker instead of this wild goose chase to find someone "good" who doesnt mind being Kane's backup

I hope Lamela stays and is given a run to prove himself. Lucas and Berg had there chances and never really shone but is would seem Lamela might be out. I also can't believe we are not going for Alfredo Morelos. Temperament s bit suspect but knows where the net is

This 100%

Rather have 2 really hard working midfielders with the skill set we NEED and the profile Mourinho wants for his system than 2 'really talented' players ala Ndombele who quite clearly aren't working for us.

Back
Top Bottom