Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very uninspiring business indeed.

Kind of hate these kinds of clichee (without any substance) comments.

Transfers I felt totally "meeh" about - Alli, Son, Parker
Transfers where I was ecstatic - Ndombele, Sanchez, Janssen

No one cares how flashy or expensive the transfer is or how much it "exites", what matters is how the transfer will impact the team performances in the future. And about that... time will tell.

We spent £55mn on Ndombele & he was regarded as the second coming.

Nobody ever knows for certain how any given transfer will work out.

Apart from social media experts obviously.

That I agree with but let's be clear about it, Chelsea signing Werner ,Kante , Batshuayi, Kovacic, Kante, Jorginiho etc says a lot about the direction they want to go in and signing Janssen, NJie, Llorente vanilla Danish international with difficult surnames etc says a lot about our ambition

Spending money doesn't guarantee success, not spending money guarantees a lack of success aside from the odd anomaly

I am going to be honest I wanted Tanguy here before I had really did my homework. Looking back he is very skillful but then after closer inspection there is problem that should have been flagged. He has had a problem with work ethic going back to his youth. He does not offer goals but is positive in his play. He is physical and has a good eye for a pass and could be a top player. It's just a big shock coming from a team where he is a top player into a team where he is struggling and then the manager that desperately wanted him gets sacked and is replaced by a manager that hates him.I still feel he could become a star but not under Jose. For his growth he must be sold he is the polar opposite to Hojbjerg and that's the type of player Jose wants

I love the transfer window on here & social nedia in general.

Tottenham fans: sign someone. sign someone. sign someone! sign SOMEONE!! SIGN SOMEONE!!!

Tottenham sign someone.

Tottenham fans. He's shit.

Quickly becoming a bunch of self-entitled spoilt little Instagram fanboys like that lot down seven sisters road...

That I agree with but let's be clear about it, Chelsea signing Werner ,Kante , Batshuayi, Kovacic, Kante, Jorginiho etc says a lot about the direction they want to go in and signing Janssen, NJie, Llorente vanilla Danish international with difficult surnames etc says a lot about our ambition

Spending money doesn't guarantee success, not spending money guarantees a lack of success aside from the odd anomaly

Danny, my boy.
:roseunsure:
I thought you were holding out from social media and internet.

Look, we all appreciate the games you put in for us in RB, but don't be so bitter about life now!
Focus on finding a new club for yourself for next season instead of trolling in internet forum.
Look at the bright side, you don't even have to bother "googling" the players we buy. It's not that important to know about them anymore if you are not playing for us anymore.

Best wishes for your further career.

Im staying Firmly on the Fence, that way if he is shit i can say Levy is a tight Cunt shopping in the bargain bin, but if he turns out decent i will say i have followed his career since he was at Bayern and imagine if Levy backed Poch like he did with Jose! :mourthumb:

Im staying Firmly on the Fence, that way if he is shit i can say Levy is a tight Cunt shopping in the bargain bin, but if he turns out decent i will say i have followed his career since he was at Bayern and imagine if Levy backed Poch like he did with Jose! :mourthumb:

Same. I have not passed comment on his ability once. I am happy to give Jose the benefit of the doubt and wait & see what the player can do.

Same. I have not passed comment on his ability once. I am happy to give Jose the benefit of the doubt and wait & see what the player can do.
Im just happy that for the 2nd Summer window running Levy has got someone in early, im also happy that we have someone who wont take a year to adjust to the PL, plus hopefully this means the end of the Sissoko , Winks Midfield!

You can't put Kante twice. That's cheating!

But of them I'd only have wanted Werner (who wouldn't play back up prob) and Kante.

I can't believe you even put Batshuayi in there!

Kind of hate these kinds of clichee (without any substance) comments.
Transfers I felt totally "meeh" about - Alli, Son, Parker

Transfers where I was ecstatic - Ndombele, Sanchez, Janssen

No one cares how flashy or expensive the transfer is or how much it "exites", what matters is how the transfer will impact the team performances in the future. And about that... time will tell.
I know exactly what you mean...

I reckon we're still to recreate the feeling (and success) of Ossie & Ricky, Klinsmann and Ginola,
They spring to mind as the really exciting Superstar marquee signings that paid off in spades!

I bet I am not the only one to think this. We are aiming for the top 4 . He is not a top 4 signing. You sign players to improve your team but I cannot see how he improves us he is know better than what we have .Dier ,Winks and Sissoko are all as good if not better. All we will be doing is playing like for like . Honestly admit would he have been on your list or would you have hoped for better. I always want Tottenham to be better than the last season and all I can see is us be the same boring Tottenham or worse. Hojbjerg offers nothing except he can tackle but then he goes backwards or sideways and we already have Winks

You're not the only one to think it. You're in the minority though.

Now fuck off.

P.S Shush

LOB :
"We won't sign anyone, or if we do it will be on deadline day, cos, you know it's Levy"

We sign someone early

"Yeah....... Well........ Erm........ He's shit"

You can't put Kante twice. That's cheating!

But of them I'd only have wanted Werner (who wouldn't play back up prob) and Kante.

I can't believe you even put Batshuayi in there!

Not saying batshit is good but he was coveted and a good prospect when they signed him and is certainly a more ambitious signing than a Levy special

Back
Top Bottom