Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All sounds familiar. Was talking to the Candyman about diffs with US sports and how this is so commonplace (ie recruiting on top of people) and that things were (at least) 20 years behind. He got his hackles up and then dismissed it. When it becomes his idea in a few years it will be new and fresh. Hey, look what I found!

Think you must be mistaking the Candyman for RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK - who seems to be taking all the cock juice you can shoot in his ear and then frothing it out his mouth like it's his own jiz cappuccino.

Wasn't a good game

I'm not loving Lille this season, what about you? I was falling out of love with them last season, Galtier's persistence with 442/4222, Ikone as a RM, the CM pairing of Xeka and Andre is functional but lacks creativity, chuck Sanches in there and it gets more creative but also more vulnerable. I think they'll do Ok but I don't think they'll be top 4 this year.

I'm not loving Lille this season, what about you? I was falling out of love with them last season, Galtier's persistence with 442/4222, Ikone as a RM, the CM pairing of Xeka and Andre is functional but lacks creativity, chuck Sanches in there and it gets more creative but also more vulnerable. I think they'll do Ok but I don't think they'll be top 4 this year.

I get what you’re saying. I’m no fan of the midfield pairing of Xeka and Andre. Finding it odd that Soumare isn’t getting a sniff of football in the current climate. I’m okay with Ikone on the right wing, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen him at his best.

Another poor outing from Jonathan David and I think we’ll see Weah play sooner rather than later. My vision of David was always as a LW but that’s most likely Bamba’s position. With a 50 year old Burak Yilmaz leading the line I’m guessing David has to adapt as a striker.

We might get some decent football from Lille if Ikone and Weah can get back to play at a higher level again, getting Renato Sanchez back on the field and David bedded in. They might be a little short in creativity in the middle of the park. Wouldn’t mind Ikone and Bamba cutting in and playing a bit closer to each other. They’ve linked up well in the past.

I get what you’re saying. I’m no fan of the midfield pairing of Xeka and Andre. Finding it odd that Soumare isn’t getting a sniff of football in the current climate. I’m okay with Ikone on the right wing, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen him at his best.

Another poor outing from Jonathan David and I think we’ll see Weah play sooner rather than later. My vision of David was always as a LW but that’s most likely Bamba’s position. With a 50 year old Burak Yilmaz leading the line I’m guessing David has to adapt as a striker.

We might get some decent football from Lille if Ikone and Weah can get back to play at a higher level again, getting Renato Sanchez back on the field and David bedded in. They might be a little short in creativity in the middle of the park. Wouldn’t mind Ikone and Bamba cutting in and playing a bit closer to each other. They’ve linked up well in the past.

I think Ikone was much better centrally, a couple of years ago they had that exciting 4231 that seemed to work really well and got them second.

Pepe--------Ikone---------Bamba
Leao
Not their fault that they lost two key components of that, but I really don't love the 442/4222 solution Galtier moved to. I became fairly non plussed by Soumare, more I watched just didn't really see what he excelled at, wasn't really busy enough defensively or creative enough offensively. Was glad when our interest faded.

I wonder why Yazici isn't featuring. He can provide a bit of incision. Bit of a budget Eriksen.

At least we are signing the right kind of crap. Imagine having to watch Celik waddle around the place for 90 mins.

I think Ikone was much better centrally, a couple of years ago they had that exciting 4231 that seemed to work really well and got them second.

Pepe--------Ikone---------Bamba
Leao
Not their fault that they lost two key components of that, but I really don't love the 442/4222 solution Galtier moved to. I became fairly non plussed by Soumare, more I watched just didn't really see what he excelled at, wasn't really busy enough defensively or creative enough offensively. Was glad when our interest faded.

Right, I think you’re on to something. I was never hipped on Soumare, cos I thought he was less bothered than Ndombele has ever been. Still expect him to challenge the likes of Andre and Xeka, even though Xeka had a couple of good passages of play today.

Wouldn’t mind seeing something like

Bamba--------Ikone--------David
Weah​

Then keep Yilmaz out of the side even though he played better than David today

I wonder why Yazici isn't featuring. He can provide a bit of incision. Bit of a budget Eriksen.

At least we are signing the right kind of crap. Imagine having to watch Celik waddle around the place for 90 mins.

Without the no10 position he's probably deemed too slow to play on the wing. Agree, he's got some visioin.

Doherty came on the cheap so fair deal. We could have done a lot worse this window after letting Hakimi go to Inter

Came on today, and did look quite lively, but too late to really make much difference, and again played off that RM type position that Ikone had been playing.

Back
Top Bottom