Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ali is a let down IMO. He reminds me so much of Aaron Lennon; not in their football style, as they are completely different technically. What they have in common is their arrogance and naivety with regard to their status in their given careers. Like Lennon, Deli Ali appears to believe that he has arrived- that he has made it and he as a result has lost his hunger.

The cigar smoking England International Aaron Lennon thought he had arrived, but before he knew it, it was all over. I think Ali will go the same way- we’ve seen his best and any return to form will be short lived because he is not hungry!

He should go now, and he is one player that should he go to a genuine rival- I couldn’t give a toss!

Ali is a let down IMO. He reminds me so much of Aaron Lennon; not in their football style, as they are completely different technically. What they have in common is their arrogance and naivety with regard to their status in their given careers. Like Lennon, Deli Ali appears to believe that he has arrived- that he has made it and he as a result has lost his hunger.

The cigar smoking England International Aaron Lennon thought he had arrived, but before he knew it, it was all over. I think Ali will go the same way- we’ve seen his best and any return to form will be short lived because he is not hungry!

He should go now, and he is one player that should he go to a genuine rival- I couldn’t give a toss!
I'm not a fanboi, but there's at least 3 other players who do less than Dele

Lucas - runs a lot, always, everytime, into defenders. Hasn't done much since Amsterdam 19 despite a lot of minutes
Winks - shit
Sissoko - I like him, but he doesn't really affect games.
Lamela - pointless, get rid.
Fernandes - not sure what he is or does

I think the situation with Alli is quite simple.

He needs to stick to the basics: press hard, release the ball early and make runs in behind.

Whenever he does this we see goals and assists (early games under Jose and pre-season appearances this summer).

The moment he starts thinking he's a dribbler or the second coming of Pirlo is when we see the shitshow because he doesn't have those qualities.

I'm hopeful Jose can set him straight but time is running out. Big season for him.

I said a few weeks ago I’ll give him one more season.
Clean slate for me next Saturday, Day One again and won’t be judging Dele on the last few years or 2016.

Going to try and watch him as if I’ve never seen him play and don’t know what to expect.

I said a few weeks ago I’ll give him one more season.
Clean slate for me next Saturday, Day One again and won’t be judging Dele on the last few years or 2016.

Going to try and watch him as if I’ve never seen him play and don’t know what to expect.
Hope you haven’t planned your weekend already. We play on Sunday.

I refuse to judge any player on performances in pre-season friendlies. But i sincerely hope he doesn't play like that when competitive games start.

How about judging a player based on the two previous seasons because that is exactly the same way he played today.

Back
Top Bottom