Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True enough but i'm still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I hate to see talent wasted and he's got ability but this is a massive year for him.

I am hopeful he can turn it around and think he can because it seems more of a mentality issue than a talent issue, but I am not giving him a pass because it is pre-season when it is the same shit we have been seeing from him for awhile.

i think he has lost the benefit of the doubt at this point and he needs to start proving that he wants it or has changed his attitude.

With the players we now have in midfield Dele should not have to play so deep again but overall I thought he had a reasonable game. No one had a good game and he was no better or worse than the rest.

Dele is a purple patch player, he is immature and not all that interested in winning.
Enic have built the players a luxury resort, which he checks into to see his mates, see their new motors, piss about a bit, and do a couple of cameos on Spurs TV.
He won't fulfil his early promise, like a lot of players who now become multimillionaires in their early 20s. The hunger isn't there.
I don't blame him, it's just the way the game has gone with all the money, players like Kane who are obsessed with winning and scoring goals are actually quite rare.

Last edited:
Nobody is talking about Dele Alli, so I´ll start.

- He basically interrupted our best way to hurt teams in the final period of last season - counter attacking football.

- Lo Celso is a much more dynamic number 10, he organizes the team from behind (in relation to Alli), which allows Sonny and Kane to play closer to each other up front - Alli likes to play between them, as a second striker on the left.

- Also, unlike Lo Celso, Alli doesn´t press very well. We were soft to disrupt their build up play.

- He is not sharp enough (especially, as I said, for a counter attacking side) and I don´t think he is a very intelligent player overall.

- If I´m right, he won´t be starting another Premier League match anytime soon.

- He basically interrupted our best way to hurt teams in the final period of last season - counter attacking football.

- Lo Celso is a much more dynamic number 10, he organizes the team from behind (in relation to Alli), which allows Sonny and Kane to play closer to each other up front - Alli likes to play between them, as a second striker on the left.

- Also, unlike Lo Celso, Alli doesn´t press very well. We were soft to disrupt their build up play.

- He is not sharp enough (especially, as I said, for a counter attacking side) and I don´t think he is a very intelligent player overall.

You're right, but jose will still keep playing him, because he's pissed on the kool-aid, like so many others.

Rubbish-attitude player that pops up with the odd goal after vastly reducing the quality of our overall game.

You are right but he will be starting the next PL game.

I don't know what feed it is for you guys but on my feed Tim Sherwood had a good analysis showing how clueless he was with his positioning and how he kept moving into bad spots.

i think that is his problem he doesn't seem to have a good understanding of the game so he is ok when allowed to just float around doing nothing but finding lose balls (which is great when he scores but useless basically the rest of time), but when he is asked to do more (like every other player) he struggles.

I am not sure how he can be anything more than a late game sub when we are desperate and playing all out attacking so he only has to worry about trying to score anymore.

At last we have a manager who has the balls to take him off at half time. Dele needs to do some serious fucking thinking about his attitude and commitment or he won't hear the kickoff whistle for the first half either.
Too much time spent on making excuses for the lad. This has to be his defining season or we ship him out.

So did it get better when Dele went off? I think not the 2nd half was worse.
We will never improve if folks (supporters, staff, and admin) continue to make excuses for this player. We must move on from this player as he is a horrible footballer. And just because you don't recognize it yet doesn't mean that it isn't true. And when you finally do recognize it make sure to ask yourself why you missed out on it for so long previously. And in that way you will learn something about the game you love.

At last we have a manager who has the balls to take him off at half time. Dele needs to do some serious fucking thinking about his attitude and commitment or he won't hear the kickoff whistle for the first half either.
Too much time spent on making excuses for the lad. This has to be his defining season or we ship him out.
UInfortunately, attidtude change is not enough. He is not going to acquire the necessary footballing skills to be useful. What we see now is what we've always seen but without the goals. We should have gotten rid years ago.

We will never improve if folks (supporters, staff, and admin) continue to make excuses for this player. We must move on from this player as he is a horrible footballer. And just because you don't recognize it yet doesn't mean that it isn't true. And when you finally do recognize it make sure to ask yourself why you missed out on it for so long previously. And in that way you will learn something about the game you love.
No one played well today and my point was that despite some posters in the first half calling for Dele and Winks to come off it actually got worse in the 2nd half. Dele scores more goals than Sissoko and so I assume he was brought on to add some bite to midfield and yet that did not appear to happen. If you think Dele is a horrible footballer what do you think of Sissoko whose control of the football is abysmal.

Poor positioning repeatedly, including crowding other team mates, the odd dumb flick to lose possession and overall poor decision making. Can't carry him if that's what he continues to offer.

Back
Top Bottom