Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the big defense of Dele, he is better than Sissoko?

And for all the we were better in the first half, not by much and not because of the play of Dele or Winks.

Its laughable to see people trying to justify Dele and Winks poor play by pointing out that Kane and Son made better plays in the first half than the second.

No one played well today and my point was that despite some posters in the first half calling for Dele and Winks to come off it actually got worse in the 2nd half. Dele scores more goals than Sissoko and so I assume he was brought on to add some bite to midfield and yet that did not appear to happen. If you think Dele is a horrible footballer what do you think of Sissoko whose control of the football is abysmal.
Ok, good points made here and in a very reasoned tone so I will take them all up in good faith. Here goes...

Yes, Dele (very bad) and Winks (between bad and not useful) were good choices to comes off but as you say we didn't improve in the 2nd half. Ok, but that doesn't mean the choice to yank those players wasn't the good choice. What it does mean is that the players and/or tactical changes that followed weren't sucessful. Those are two different things and p;aying worse in the 2nd half after those changes surely does not say that those changes should not have been made because we weren't playing up to snuff beforehand. And beyond that Everton made tactical adjustments too as every team does at HT.

IDK if Sissoko was brought on for bite in the MF because he was placed at RW and and Moura went central if memory serves. So I don't konw what the tactical decision was but it didn't work and Mou changed after that as well which supports my point.

And for your last point...get rid of them both.

Maybe Dele had a tantrum in the dressing room at h/t. Didn't take some criticism from Mourinho well for example.

It was a pretty normal Dele performance, and usually Mourinho keeps him on.

H/t sub when game was pretty even seems odd.

Maybe Dele had a tantrum in the dressing room at h/t. Didn't take some criticism from Mourinho well for example.

I think Mourinho saw how vulnerable we were and was trying to play for the 0-0 or us getting a cheap 1-0 win.

He thinks that Sissoko offers us a better chance to get that and sees how easily Alli gives away the ball and how little he does defending. It was a typical negative football move by Jose designed to prevent goals rather than ever thinking about scoring 1.

You say pretty even but as the half wore on I thought they were becoming more and more dominant. The one thing I like about Jose is if he thinks something is going pear shaped he makes changes immediately. Remember when we used to joke on here about how long after the 70th minute would it take for Poch to put on a sub ?
Okay, the ploy didn't work but it let's everyone on the pitch know that they can be dragged off at anytime if he feels it's the right thing to do. Now Dele can either sulk or go home tonight and have a really hard think about his future. For as much as Jose may like the guy he will not hesitate in dropping Alli like a brick if he fails to deliver.

Yeh i wondered that, he was ordinary in the first half but no different to the Dele we've seen over the last 2 years. Did something happen at half-time which led him to get hooked?

Would have been better off bringing on Lamela or Bergwijn for him instead of Sissoko. That just messed up the team's shape even further.

Poor positioning repeatedly, including crowding other team mates, the odd dumb flick to lose possession and overall poor decision making. Can't carry him if that's what he continues to offer.
Very poor again today had he scored the one on one we have won the game.
Too many flicks and looked very one paced.
Needs to concentrate on football or will never play for England again.
The decline is very worrying

Some bullshit rumour was floated on Sat that he had had a bust up with Jose... Yet then he started.... Jose said the sub was tactical..... Even if that's a bluff for the medias sake, no need for conspiracies.

Out of curiosity what and where do people think Alli could go for/to?

I am having a hard time figuring out his value and to what kind of club he would/should go to.

Does he still have interest to the mega clubs? Would he work better for say a PSG or Bayern where they could deal with his lack of usefulness for long periods of time as they play the weak opponents in their leagues? Are there teams so full of talent that they could cover for Alli and benefit from his moments of goodness?

Would he even be worth it to bring into a mid level team or would they be worried that his give a F meter would plummet even more playing for a club he likely thinks is below his level?

I don't think he fits us anymore- both positionally and because of his approach to the game. While not being on the todd level of dislike, I do question how talented he is or maybe more how well rounded his game is and if there is enough there to ignore his warts.

Out of curiosity what and where do people think Alli could go for/to?

I am having a hard time figuring out his value and to what kind of club he would/should go to.

Does he still have interest to the mega clubs? Would he work better for say a PSG or Bayern where they could deal with his lack of usefulness for long periods of time as they play the weak opponents in their leagues? Are there teams so full of talent that they could cover for Alli and benefit from his moments of goodness?

Would he even be worth it to bring into a mid level team or would they be worried that his give a F meter would plummet even more playing for a club he likely thinks is below his level?

I don't think he fits us anymore- both positionally and because of his approach to the game. While not being on the todd level of dislike, I do question how talented he is or maybe more how well rounded his game is and if there is enough there to ignore his warts.
Since many PL chairmen and managers are even more clueless than our own I'm sure some tinpot club will pay 35m for him.

Leicester maybe, they bought Iheanacho for 25m after all. Or Newcastle.

Might just run down his contract and sign abroad though. Think his ego will prevent him from going to a smaller English club.

This is the big defense of Dele, he is better than Sissoko?

And for all the we were better in the first half, not by much and not because of the play of Dele or Winks.

Its laughable to see people trying to justify Dele and Winks poor play by pointing out that Kane and Son made better plays in the first half than the second.
And Sissoko by now, despite being a bad player, is better then Dele. Our second half was worse, but more due to Ancelotti response to Jose bringing Sissoko in, in fact when we started the second half we Sissoko we seemed a far better team attacking due to (ok, you can laugh) Sissoko actually knowing what to do with the ball when got it. Sometimes he do the wrong thing, but is an improvement on a player that always do the worse thing and has to think for 15 second with the ball on his feet till he waste it.

He was fucking awful too. Deserved to get hooked. Trouble is we could have left him on and not looked any more shit. Stale player. Needs a rocket up his arse like the rest of them. Woeful waste of talent.

And Sissoko by now, despite being a bad player, is better then Dele. Our second half was worse, but more due to Ancelotti response to Jose bringing Sissoko in, in fact when we started the second half we Sissoko we seemed a far better team attacking due to (ok, you can laugh) Sissoko actually knowing what to do with the ball when got it. Sometimes he do the wrong thing, but is an improvement on a player that always do the worse thing and has to think for 15 second with the ball on his feet till he waste it.

Dude, are you high?

Sissoko was faster than Dele moving the ball forward and we have some good attacking moves in the beggining of the second half, at least for a while.
PS: Ok, everyone is faster than Dele moving the ball, bar Winks.
Sissoko was fuckimg crap too. First or second touch iirc was to over hit it backwards & into touch for an Everton throw. He was garbage as well. I look at James (brilliant debut) & lads like Calvert-Lewin who fought for everything until the manager brought him off when the game was won. Fabulous goal. While Kane and co were scratching their overpaid arses, pointing their fingers and doing fuck all else. I will absolutely take it on the chin if we play well, but just get outplayed by a better team. This was Everton. Not a better team.

Sissoko was fuckimg crap too. First or second touch iirc was to over hit it backwards & into touch for an Everton throw. He was garbage as well. I look at James (brilliant debut) & lads like Calvert-Lewin who fought for everything until the manager brought him off when the game was won. Fabulous goal. While Kane and co were scratching their overpaid arses, pointing their fingers and doing fuck all else. I will absolutely take it on the chin if we play well, but just get outplayed by a better team. This was Everton. Not a better team.
That's what Jose likes, they are showing commitment! For Sissoko I'm not saying he was good, just that he offered more than Dele, for me both sucks.

Back
Top Bottom