Which cheap striker would you go for?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which cheap striker would you go for?

• Troy Deeney

• Josh King

• Olivier Giroud

• Habib Diallo

• Chris Wood

• Ollie Watkins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Moan online?

Something you never do, of course

:harrylol:
Still support the entire club though with the exception of Ndombele. Outside of match day that is....when he plays I wish him all the best obviously.
Ive even wiped the slate clean for Dele....

I made a thread about it, but you all bottled it.
Apparently wanting only Kane out of an entire football club is what the real fans want.

Odsonne Edouard or Patson Daka would be the kind of signings to really open up the possibilities of our season. Would love to see evidence of us making ambitious moves like this. Daka in particular could be a real X Factor.

Feel we may be edging toward Habib Diallo, who I've never really seen play. Looks okay. Anybody seen him?
I honestly have no idea why more clubs aren't after Edouard.

Not bothered about how and why to be honest.
The point is that we have a reputation as the Harry Kane team in football, Pep even mocked us over it publicly.

This is also perpetuated by a fan base who on one hand never want Kane benched for any serious game, yet want a top level striker to compete with him.
What? Against Colchester and the Cork All Stars?
We don’t have a manager that plays two strikers......does any top club?

No decent striker wants to sit on the bench and wait for Kane to break his ankle while trying to make a name for himself in the Carabou and EL.
Why leave first team football in La Liga for that?

So if you believe Kane should never see the bench, and we have a manager who doesn’t play two strikers every week (because no one does outside of Divison 2) then please accept that it’s the Kings and Deeneys of this world we are going to look at, and that is basically something you advocate.

I’d happily rotate Kane. Sub him off, bench him.
Yet you don’t see me demanding top 4 start 11 level strikers.

A young up and coming player from outside the top 5 leagues that will surely get plenty of game time would not hesitate to come in as a back up to Kane. Maybe even target a striker that is flexible enough to play as winger occasionally to add depth there. That type of player would be guaranteed to start 15-20 games and come off the bench in additional games.

Odsonne Edouard or Patson Daka would be the kind of signings to really open up the possibilities of our season. Would love to see evidence of us making ambitious moves like this. Daka in particular could be a real X Factor.

Feel we may be edging toward Habib Diallo, who I've never really seen play. Looks okay. Anybody seen him?
Patson daka will be amazing

Luka Jovic would be a slight risk given hes not played a lot of football for RM, but probably available, still quite young and looked a handful for Frankfurt - but a loan could suit all parties while we look around for a permanent solution

Would be a great short term solution for us, but I am not sure RM have another back up at striker. I could be wrong, though.

Still support the entire club though with the exception of Ndombele. Outside of match day that is....when he plays I wish him all the best obviously.
Ive even wiped the slate clean for Dele....

I made a thread about it, but you all bottled it.
Apparently wanting only Kane out of an entire football club is what the real fans want.
and your efforts have not gone unnoticed

I have word that discussions are ongoing within the club about a statue outside the stadium

A young up and coming player from outside the top 5 leagues that will surely get plenty of game time would not hesitate to come in as a back up to Kane. Maybe even target a striker that is flexible enough to play as winger occasionally to add depth there. That type of player would be guaranteed to start 15-20 games and come off the bench in additional games.
Yes but said player is automatically marked as “shit”

Mainly because 99% of the forum don’t want Kane dropped and think every striker we are linked isn’t good enough.
That was point of my post. To outline the level is striker in the PL.
It’s littered with average players, there’s literally about 4 top out and out strikers.

So what level are people looking at when our rivals second strikers are the likes of Batshuyai, Origi and Greenwood.
I’d genuinely like to know who people actually think we are.
Don’t think we’ll be signing a Klinsmann when we have 6 AMs, and I don’t think Jose is going to deploy two strikers as a main tactic.

We need back up, so when you look at the list, I’d like people to say what exactly is the level we should be going for.
Spewing out bullshit about AIMING HIGH means little when the likes of Liverpool have two actual strikers, Origi and Minamino
Being told a world class player like Cavani is not good enough for Spurs has shaken me a little.

Some people really haven't got a bloody clue!

Mainly because 99% of the forum don’t want Kane dropped and think every striker we are linked isn’t good enough.
That was point of my post. To outline the level is striker in the PL.
It’s littered with average players, there’s literally about 4 top out and out strikers.

So what level are people looking at when our rivals second strikers are the likes of Batshuyai, Origi and Greenwood.
I’d genuinely like to know who people actually think we are.
Don’t think we’ll be signing a Klinsmann when we have 6 AMs, and I don’t think Jose is going to deploy two strikers as a main tactic.

We need back up, so when you look at the list, I’d like people to say what exactly is the level we should be going for.
Spewing out bullshit about AIMING HIGH means little when the likes of Liverpool have two actual strikers, Origi and Minamino
What exactly are you arguing about?

To sign the level of Origi because Pool have or to sign someone for 60-80m who would displace Kane?

Back
Top Bottom