Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still have the last two to watch. From the seventh episode really made me like winks as a person. How I wish he was very good on the field.
Not a match winner and too conservative with his play, I think he's good enough as a squad player. And is really valuable as a role model for the youth, plus his love of the club. Yes seems a good lad.

Not a match winner and too conservative with his play, I think he's good enough as a squad player. And is really valuable as a role model for the youth, plus his love of the club. Yes seems a good lad.

Probably the first player that comes to mind when Jose says we are too nice. A lovely lad, the sort you want your daughter to bring home. But not exactly a player that any other team will fear playing against.

Probably the first player that comes to mind when Jose says we are too nice. A lovely lad, the sort you want your daughter to bring home. But not exactly a player that any other team will fear playing against.
Yeah true.
But I also think the "intelligent cunts" stuff is overdone. Gamesmanship gives you that extra 5% advantage, sure, but that's still useless if Winks passes back to the defence all the time, Sissoko boots the ball at full pelt regardless of the length of pass, and Lucas always runs into crowds.

Oppositions are more scared of quality than anything else.

Really disappointed in how second rate our whole set up came across, the fancy multimillion pound stadium and training facilities seem akin to slapping lipstick on a pig. I've always defended Levy/Enic because of how far we've come since they took over, but now I'm questioning how much of that is judgement and how much just blind luck. I've not watched any other All or Nothings so don't know if it's the same at other clubs, but we barely look any more professional than Sunderland behind the scenes.

And our support staff, Jesus, all of them are like sad fanboys as soon as they get a whiff of the players, bunch of Colin Robinsons sucking the life force out of anyone in the room, Levy, Hitchen, Scott, i don't think I could handle having them knocking around me all day at work.

I honestly feel sorry for Mourinho, I doubt he had any idea how cowboy the whole outfit was when he signed on, and how dense the players are. Nothing he says makes a blind bit of difference to them, literally in one ear and out the other.

Really disappointed in how second rate our whole set up came across, the fancy multimillion pound stadium and training facilities seem akin to slapping lipstick on a pig. I've always defended Levy/Enic because of how far we've come since they took over, but now I'm questioning how much of that is judgement and how much just blind luck. I've not watched any other All or Nothings so don't know if it's the same at other clubs, but we barely look any more professional than Sunderland behind the scenes.

And our support staff, Jesus, all of them are like sad fanboys as soon as they get a whiff of the players, bunch of Colin Robinsons sucking the life force out of anyone in the room, Levy, Hitchen, Scott, i don't think I could handle having them knocking around me all day at work.

I honestly feel sorry for Mourinho, I doubt he had any idea how cowboy the whole outfit was when he signed on, and how dense the players are. Nothing he says makes a blind bit of difference to them, literally in one ear and out the other.
Can't help but agree. The set up looks absolutely awful. They just seem so reactive instead of proactive. You can be logical business wise/a decent negotiator but you need more than that to run a successful football outfit. The board management meeting looked like one of those shit groups you get randomly placed in at school/uni... "we didn't get to choose the group but we have to do our best now."

Someone else mentioned this but a few players do come across as man-boys too... i don't think that's necessarily a huge problem as long as they remain fiercely ambitious and gunning for the top, but they aren't. I think a few of our boys are just happy with playing for a top 6 side in London and aren't much bothered if they go down as a great or just a regular player.

The question from Donna Cullen, supposed Executive Director of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club about why an empty stadium is bad news for a football club was incredible.

Ultimately there are alot of people doing awful well financially at the club because Levy favours them. It’s like the court of a king. Everyone acquiesces to him to curry favour. There doesn’t seem to be any assessment as to how we perform.

Why was Poch the only person sacked for the poor performance at the club? A proper organisation would have conducted an investigation and made structural changes. We just brought in another bean counter in Birch and promoted Hitchin because it was cheap.

The question from Donna Cullen, supposed Executive Director of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club about why an empty stadium is bad news for a football club was incredible.

I got the impression she was just fishing for anything non-obvious to her.... Deferring to those whom ought to know best for definitive knowledge to take away and do her job with.

A lot of microscopic scrutiny going on..... Not suprising given our fevered interest as fans, but she's just a 'suit' doing non-football shit.... Meh.

I got the impression she was just fishing for anything non-obvious to her.... Deferring to those whom ought to know best for definitive knowledge to take away and do her job with.

A lot of microscopic scrutiny going on..... Not suprising given our fevered interest as fans, but she's just a 'suit' doing non-football shit.... Meh.
Hmmm.
The answer she got from Levy was 1. Fans cheer the team and 2. Fans spend money. And she seemed happy with those detailed answers. Let's just hoped they "drilled into" those issues in detail off screen.
The whole discussion could easily have been scripted for the cameras, but it made them both look amateur.

Hmmm.
The answer she got from Levy was 1. Fans cheer the team and 2. Fans spend money. And she seemed happy with those detailed answers. Let's just hoped they "drilled into" those issues in detail off screen.
The whole discussion could easily have been scripted for the cameras, but it made them both look amateur.

If I was at work, I'd defer to the expert in such a manner.... Esp. if it's not my department; even if I thought I knew the answer anyway.

Back
Top Bottom