Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been deeply unimpressed with the personnel we employ throughout.

Levy - Was expecting Dr Evil - more Dr Doolittle. Two instances of his fantastic interpersonal skills at play 'Don't you let him down' to Bergwien - who clearly thought that he some fan who worked in the canteen and his full on David Brent meeting with Tangay 'What's the problem?... Let me tell you a long, pointless story about my school days...' zzzzzzzz

Hitchen - What more can I say. In another life he'd be a vegetarian butcher. Honestly i think if he tried to offer me £200k a week and the keys to the 'Harry Kane Suite' at Hotspur way i'd turn him down.

The Head physio guy - our very own Dr Shipman. As dynamic as a broken leg. No wonder we cant get/keep our players fit

The female director - (Cullen) such incisive questioning to get to the heart of the matter. Zingers about lockdown include to JM - 'Can we give each player a personal training schedule?' Fuck me, bet they never thought of that. And to Levy 'why are you so concerned about playing behind closed doors?'

JM assist coach Joao Sacramento - 'Hey jan, why are we letting so many goals in?' Jan should have just fired back 'shit coaches'

JM Himself - Wise enough to know that these players are way too soft. Dumb enough to think that he can change em with a few rousing words.

If they put me in charge there I'd have that lot out by the end of day two. The whole organisation smells a bit off to me.

After that abomination of a performance yesterday I thought I’d punish the useless twats by not watching their fucking documentary...
Ok, didn’t last long.
Overall I really enjoyed the series. Looking back, it genuinely was a clusterfuck of a season any way you look at it.
I feel dirty admitting it, but Jose has won me over as a bloke. I’d love to have a boss like that. He has been funny, compassionate & cuntish when it was needed.
And Jan... oh my lord what a guy. It’s worth watching to the end just for super Jan.
:pochcry:

The way he shifts himself up when he said “spending money” showed how much he did not like the idea.

another thing- when you frame everything as “difficult” and try to succeed then you almost certainly don’t get the best of outcomes.

him and Hitchins really really worry me. So negative.

and who in their right mind would sign offs on a transfer for €60 m on a player who can’t speak a sentence of English. When you have both Poch and Jose as coach it’s asking for trouble.

the only people nicer than our players are our medical department. They are like a creepy bunch of Spa Employees.

Gio has the eyes of a serial killer.

Loved how they brushed over the B'mouth draw. Quite possibly the worst attacking display in recent memory.

Jose: "The best way to win is, in fact, not to concede goals". I don't like that mentality one bit

After Sunday's result I see fuck all seems to have changed from the stuff being complained about here. Found the whole series a corporate puff piece with the odd insight

Few heart warming moments from the last three episodes: Tanganga signing the contract with his dad and Harry Kane's gender reveal.

It's a bit weird how Levy is always hanging out in the cafeteria keeping tabs on everyone including the players, culminating in his pulsating 1-to-1 with N'Dombele. Just seems a bit... too hands on?

Truth be told, I want N'Dombele to do well for us but he doesn't come across well in that episode. It genuinely feels like he isn't happy with life in North London.

I found myself losing interest in what Jose had to say during the half time talk. All of his droning on about big balls and the like. His voice is very boring to me.

Can only imagine how uninspiring it is to quality international players 🤔

After that abomination of a performance yesterday I thought I’d punish the useless twats by not watching their fucking documentary...
Ok, didn’t last long.
Overall I really enjoyed the series. Looking back, it genuinely was a clusterfuck of a season any way you look at it.
I feel dirty admitting it, but Jose has won me over as a bloke. I’d love to have a boss like that. He has been funny, compassionate & cuntish when it was needed.
And Jan... oh my lord what a guy. It’s worth watching to the end just for super Jan.
Ok, didn’t last long.
Fair play. Was well gutted after the result and couldn’t bring myself to watch it... then I did and I’m glad I did because I am seeing how they are trying but it’s just the mistakes and lack of concentration all the time that has let them down.

I'm not taking the piss when I say this but I think the players need a psychologist to work with them on improving their character and mentality.

I just don't think they're tough enough and it takes someone qualified to address this.

I don't know if the club has already has a psychologist but, after eight episodes, I haven't seen one.

Lucas vs Aurier on the training pitch:

Lucas: 'Every day, you speak a lot. Every day, you speak a lot. Every day, you speak a lot. Every day, you speak a lot.'

Aurier: 'Oh, the irony...'

This is a weaker program for the lack of some Poch dressing room footage to contrast with Jose.

It's reality TV, they could make the narrative whatever they want, but that sense of changed leadership is lacking. The idea that Spurs have ever been managed by anyone but Jose is dispensed with about an hour and 15 minutes into a nine-hour show.

Back
Top Bottom