Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone got links for ep 7-9. I watched on my phone last week and really appreciated the links
Here you go

So what's people's thoughts about the in-dressing room stuff - heavily cut or has Jose got no tactics?

At no point do you see or hear anything remotely intelligent.
My personal belief is this is deliberate to stop anyone getting the jump on us/him in future games by getting an insight into his way of setting up etc.

He can he heard talking about what a Pep team will do before the city game but otherwise, it's mostly all motivational talk.
I'd imagine Jose has asked not to have tactics shown on the show , otherwise other teams will see what we are up to and we possibly may lose to Everton if the tactics are shown......Oh bugger....... :mourwhat:

I love taking a shot at Levy but I didn't find that meeting to be that bad. I was expecting a lot worse from the comments in this thread.

I will say that Ndombele, to me, comes off really bad in that episode. I was starting to warm up to him a bit more, mainly because of how bad we need him, but after seeing that and his body language, expressions, tones etc. It is not surprising to hear about how he is unhappy here, not giving it his all, has attitude issues etc.

I am probably reading into it too much and perhaps it is just confirmation bias because of all the reports about him, but watching that I do not see him as coming off as wanting to work hard. wanting to get back into the team and certainly would think he wants to leave, no matter how many times he weakly he says he wants to stay.

Also zero percent chance Sissoko ever leaves this club as long as Ndombele is here.

One other thing I noticed from the doc is that the players seem to "melt" as much as we fans do after losses and celebrate after wins. Maybe they are playing it up for the cameras but I was surprised at the up and down reactions the players had much like us.

I always heard that for players they are much more level than the fans who are way too up and way too down after each win/loss but they seem to be just as fickle as we are!

In summary:
- Squad are decent blokes but not mentally tough enough.
- Levy is a smarmy weasel.
- Mou is a winner.
Not sure I needed to watch all 9 episodes to learn that, but hey ho. Passed the time for three midweek sessions.

I haven't got round to seeing the last three episodes yet, considering I was chomping at the bit for the first six. I'll get round to it this week, but still feeling flat from Sunday's game. So I'll avoid this thread until I get round to it.

Ok, caved and finished episode 7.

I think, overall, my favourite thing about the show is how during Jose's half time pep talks, it cuts to Lo Celso and you can tell he has absolutely fucking zero clue what anyone is saying.

Toby: 'We now know, more than ever, if you want to achieve things, you have to work as a team....'

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! The guy's 31 years old, he has 100 caps and he's only just realised this???

:mourshock:

Last 3 episodes have given me hope and optimism that Jose is the one to sort out our weak club mentality. But he needs complete backing. Have to say, the player and Levy conversations feel like snakes on both sides. Even entertaining it undermines the manager’s authority. Levy may be a good businessman but he’s a terrible leader of people.

Back
Top Bottom