Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no disrespect he just isn't that good anymore.

He rarely dribbles past defenders anymore, more often running into the spaces where they are or Kane/Son already are losing the ball. On the very few times that he does get past a guy he rarely even lifts his head to make a pass to open teammates. He is way too head down focused to see defenders or make needed passes.

The pops up with important goals is based on so few occassions that it is a narrative that isn't close to the truth. Yes Ajax happened and that is awesome but that is so far from the norm and now excuses so much poor play from him that it is laughable.

If we are down a goal Moura offers nothing to the team. He cannot make passes into the box to Kane or Son, cannot beat players to open up the defense, he cannot control the ball well enough to take long passes from the back and he is not fast enough to consistently beat defenders on the outside.

He is a big reason that we struggled to create when things weren't working or teams went defensive because he is so limited in what he can do attacking.

I already disagreed with the Bale comments, I think Bale over the young guys is not the way to go.

But the idea that people who want to bring in young talent are just FM wannabes and should be passed off as such is pretty weak. I may not agree with the idea but at least it was presented with some thought rather than most of the useless replies that are full of anger and stupidity because someone dared suggest that a Spurs player isn't the most aweseomest.
Again, you’re football opinion is your own but is fucking rubbish to anyone who has spent any time actually watching games and taking in the whole spectacle, from getting on a bus/train/underground through to having a beer and a pie with mates/family and then watching the game. Either the unbridled joy of a win, the meh of a draw or the misery of a loss.
In your eyes, 28 year old Lucas Moura has declined so
far in 15 months to be sold for some 20 year old hopeful from a lower league club who would have shit the bed in that semi final and made no difference at all. It’s actually staggering that you can trot out that sort of shit with any conviction.

I couldn’t agree more. Lucas is different level of quality to Lamela, yet he seems to get far more hate and criticism. It’s weird.

Lucas certainly is not on a different level of quality to Lamela, likely worse but not worth debating.

The only reason I keep Lamela over Moura is because he can bring his pressing to the team which could be used as an asset, where Lucas brings nothing positive to the team that we couldn't get with a much better player that would cost as much or less than him.

I also see Lamela as a better fit on our "B" team because he could play inside against weaker teams, while Moura is only useful on the outside.

I also see a ton of criticism for Lamela so not sure where the idea that Lucas gets more than him. Maybe because Lamela is used in his proper role as a sub and Moura is more often started when he shouldn't that is seems Moura gets more but Moura also has a ton more apologists than Lamela as well to balance it out.

Are we then giving up on Europa League and the Domestic Cups?

Or going with wingers forced into forward roles that has repeatedly let us down?

Or playing our 3 injury prone players in multiple competitions and multiple games a week?

I certainly agree lets stay away from paying 25 million for a mediocre guy that does nothing for our starting 11, but if we could get a guy super cheap like Bas Dost for 5 million why not have him come in to play Europa and Plymouth type games?

Because as soon as he plays and offers nothing like (good version) Kane, it’s going to mean everyone moaning that we aren’t taking the EL/FAC/LC seriously or wishing we were playing Kane not the shit/mediocre back up guy.

Bale is a wide Inverted forward, not a winger.

Lucas certainly is not on a different level of quality to Lamela, likely worse but not worth debating.

The only reason I keep Lamela over Moura is because he can bring his pressing to the team which could be used as an asset, where Lucas brings nothing positive to the team that we couldn't get with a much better player that would cost as much or less than him.

I also see Lamela as a better fit on our "B" team because he could play inside against weaker teams, while Moura is only useful on the outside.

I also see a ton of criticism for Lamela so not sure where the idea that Lucas gets more than him. Maybe because Lamela is used in his proper role as a sub and Moura is more often started when he shouldn't that is seems Moura gets more but Moura also has a ton more apologists than Lamela as well to balance it out.
Fucking lol.

Some of you may remember Darren Alexander, this was his song for Bale 10 years ago...

Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale,
He was born to play for Spurs,
He was born to play for Spurs

Better than that awful Bale Bale mooing and pointing rubbish at any rate.

Of course if we really cared, we'd learn to sing this in Welsh...

Imagine his little gibbon face!

He'll think we all have Covid.

Again, you’re football opinion is your own but is fucking rubbish to anyone who has spent any time actually watching games and taking in the whole spectacle, from getting on a bus/train/underground through to having a beer and a pie with mates/family and then watching the game. Either the unbridled joy of a win, the meh of a draw or the misery of a loss.
In your eyes, 28 year old Lucas Moura has declined so
far in 15 months to be sold for some 20 year old hopeful from a lower league club who would have shit the bed in that semi final and made no difference at all. It’s actually staggering that you can trot out that sort of shit with any conviction.

No he hasn't declined he has always been limited.

And just because you are making stuff about how someone would have reacted doesn't make it anymore true.

The fact you can claim to watch Moura and this team and not see the need for creativity and passing, two things Moura cannot offer is baffling to me. Honestly if I hadn't seen how resistant some people are to improving the team if it means moving on from a mediocre player I would think you were trolling to get a reaction.

The idea that improving on Lucas Moura, a player that is clearly limited, is seen as such a negative by you makes no sense. The resistance that some fans have to improving a team that struggled to get to 6th spot, playing trugid football relying on OG's and huge individual errors from the opposition makes no sense.

I will never understand fans not wanting to see their club improve.

Back
Top Bottom