Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cleat is pretty common parlance nowadays Sammy. I know that back when we hoofed a sodden leather ball about in the mud we called them studs but these fancy-dan multi-coloured bootettes that the young-uns wear these days have cleats, or so my great-grandson tells me
b86c22c7-2feb-4d47-bc4f-9348a36b1632.gif

No John. Can you imagine what's going to happen against better teams if we don't do something pdq? If we play like that on Sunday, we'll get ripped to shreds. We only won today because of a penalty and red cards. Remember, we're in the EPL, the toughest league in the world.
So do you think that if we continue with these performances we can get top 4? Or even 6,
Because I can't see it.

Say what you will about Ndombele but he’s got some goals and assists in him, he really does have potential. Mourinho has got to figure out how to get Lo Celso and himself on the same lineup because that is the difference in is having an average midfield to a very good midfield.

Yeah, it's dumb. In America it literally means both You can refer to someone's boot as a cleat or in context call the stud a cleat.

Overall it means boot though and often we do use the term studs
Okay, so what over there would you call one of these then ?

Okay, so what over there would you call one of these then ?

Don't be ridiculous. That's clearly a cleat. how else do you tie up your MAGA boat?

Basically we call everything we see that's shiny a cleat.

Back
Top Bottom